iPhone 6

Options
13»

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Here's the AnandTech review of the iPhone 6. They are never the first, but their reviews are almost always the most thorough and this new review does not disappoint, very thorough and informative.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I think 8.1 is being released Monday.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,496
    Options
    I had the iPhone 4 & went in last week to look at the 6. I did like the 6 but the size made me go with the 5s. Being on the road 50+ hours it's easy on one hand & fits in pockets well. Lot of better features than the 4 I had. I use a tablet at home & iCloud everything so it meshes together.
    Randy/Maine
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Mine is a company phone, it's a 5s, just got an email saying all company phones will be updated to the iPhone 6 by the end of November.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • boston1450
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Question. iPhone 5s. I can't get the thing to put apps on it. I go to App Store & I wanted to add Utube app (I will use that one for example) I put search for app. I hit the install & it just sits there whirrely twirrely ' n around in circle. On home page it shows it trying to load. But nothing. I tried on 4g & on our WiFi with no luck. I went to settings & made sure everything was on. Figured I ask here.. Had plan to stop at AT&T. Any suggestions
    Randy/Maine
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Double click the home button, swipe up to remove all programs from memory and retry the download. Either this or restart the phone from Off, not standby. Sometimes they just need reset.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Randy, the Apple servers are swamped right now....they released the new OS X this weekend....their bandwidth is getting chewed on big time.

????

This is what I get:

7ofg3ot41yw3.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • boston1450
    Options
    Ok. Thanks guys. I can understand that-with all the new phones. I loaded my tablet with no problems in seconds. I will try shuting it off & giver a try
    Randy/Maine
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    I went for a walk this morning and decided to shoot a few photos with the new phone, posted a few results online for you guys to see. This isn't a full camera test, just a few photos I took while out on a walk. There were some challenging shots though so figured I"d post them up.

It was really windy outside this morning, I'd like to go back and try those macro style shots again when it's not so windy outside.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A7GFssfGGRbX94
  • boston1450
    edited October 2014
    Options

MODS
    please remove ^^^^^^ my error. I hit the disagree. Stinking tablet went crazy. Sorry about that
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    That takes very nice pictures. Beautiful scene's too
    Randy/Maine
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    Options
    i got mine 6plus Gold on Last week....I've seen Sal's iphone plus at polkfest and wow it's a big phone.

I've had it for a 6 days now and i am fully used to the size. I got 16G one because I dont have many apps....I downloaded some apps for my son and apparently new apps are now big in size....my next one will be 64G at least if I want to have any apps that my son can use...
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,065
    Options
    I finally got my iPhone 6.It's considerably larger then the iPhone 5s.
    I also got the 64g as they still didn't have any 128s available and I'm sick and tired of waiting.
    I find it mad how many people have purchased the iPhone 6 as I had to wait all this time to get one finally. I actually got the last 64g in stock and they are out now until the next shipment which mostly all spoken for. Crazy.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    I agree Dan. I ordered my 128 gig 6 Plus the week they came out and it took them over 5 weeks before I got it.

That said once I got it I got into MediaMonkey and setup the snyc w my iPhone so I can now not only put my existing MP3's on it, but using the convert settings take my FLAC and SACD and any other stuff over 192bps and have the program convert it on the fly to 160bps and put it on my iPhone (while maintaining the original high rez file).

I got 10k songs on my iPhone 6 plus and STILL have about 50% space free.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    That converting on the fly is a very underrated feature, iTunes has the same functionality and it is quite handy
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    That converting on the fly is a very underrated feature, iTunes has the same functionality and it is quite handy

Agreed. Now iTunes won't recognize Flac files will it? My iTunes library was remarkably smaller than my actual library is. I'm assuming it's because I have some Flac and high Rez stuff.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)