Emo XSP1 Gen2 Vs Parasound P5

Options

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Emo CS by all reports I've seen is quite good. As far as quality of products goes, Tony makes a good point. You can't draw any conclusions based on one example. My only experience with them is I bought a 12" sub woofer for my HT, which is in a smallish room. Sealed box, 300 watts rms. It's been going for almost 4 years without any issues at all. Sounds good, does what a sub is supposed to do. Wouldn't do for a larger room simply because it's output isn't enough.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Good to know on the CS. I am still going to give the emo a fair chance. I am not dismissing it at all. All brands get a bad apple or something goes wrong. Heck it could have been dropped in shipping ( this NEVER happens right? ) I actually haven't read a bad review on this premap. The emp has a lot of glowing reviews. Actually it seems like the emo is reviewed more than the parasound p5!

Speaking of Emo speakers Drumminman, lots of good reviews on the Stealth powered 6 and 8 monitors. Seems like they were designed for studio but, get some glowing reviews especially at their price! soundandvision.com/content/emotiva-pro-stealth-8-speaker-systemhttp://
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    dul7bf7inqb0.jpg
    Front
  • erniejade
    Options
    recvmhozky2e.jpg
    From the back shot you can see why bigger or locking rca would touch on the p5 and why I think the layout on the emo is better
  • erniejade
    Options
    ogxei78x8mnr.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can hurt intruders or ruin your TV w/ the Emotiva remotes.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Same with my cayin sacd and my old jolida cdp. Some nice metal stuff.
  • audiocr381ve
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Good to know on the CS. I am still going to give the emo a fair chance. I am not dismissing it at all. All brands get a bad apple or something goes wrong. Heck it could have been dropped in shipping ( this NEVER happens right? ) I actually haven't read a bad review on this premap. The emp has a lot of glowing reviews. Actually it seems like the emo is reviewed more than the parasound p5!

Speaking of Emo speakers Drumminman, lots of good reviews on the Stealth powered 6 and 8 monitors. Seems like they were designed for studio but, get some glowing reviews especially at their price! soundandvision.com/content/emotiva-pro-stealth-8-speaker-systemhttp://

I have a pair of their Airmotiv 4's in my desktop rig. Absolutely outstanding. I couldn't recommend them enough and will jump to the Stealth 6's when I get a bigger desk.
  • erniejade
    Options
    I was looking at bookshelf or stand mount speakers and was considering the 8' for. 11x13 room I thoight the price with built in amps was cheap
  • erniejade
    Options

Just got off the phone with CS from Emo. Nice people to deal with on the phone. No issues at all on the return / exchange. I had my choice of them sending a tag out, me shipping it back and then they would ship the new unit or, I could put a holding charge on my CC and they would ship the new one out today. Once I receive the new one, I ship the bad one back. Since I want it to go side by side against the p5 and I only have it for a couple of weeks before I have to decide whats staying and going, I opted for shipping today.

• Mikey081057
    Options
    I wonder how AA would handle had they shipped a defective unit? I guess it's done the same way everywhere.. Are they at least overnighting you the new unit? They should take some responsibility for shipping you a dud. I might have pressed them on that.. Just stirring it tho :)
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • erniejade
    Options
    I have never had an issue with AA's service. On the phone they were great. I have ordered from them in the past without any issues. I just didnt know they had a 30 day in home trial!
  • Devlon
    Devlon Posts: 355
    Options
    Ernie, I just thought I would bring this Emotiva Sale to your attention. If they haven't shipped out your XSP-1 yet it looks like the have renewed ones for 749.00. However, it looks like there is no 30 day trial option on these.
    I just learned of their E Club. It seems that for 49.00 for a year subscription you get an extra 10% off which might average out to being an even better deal on some of their products even if you only intend to make a one time purchase.

Just thought I'd let you know. Looking for to your review!

===============================================

It's that time again...we are having another secret factory renewed warehouse sale! Check out the deals below. We have limited quantities; so if you see something you want, act fast! All sales are final. Emotiva E-Club members get an additional 10% off. Free shipping within the contiguous 48 states. All Factory Renewed products come with 5-year transferable warranties.

You won't see this sale on our website. If you would like to place an order give us a call at 615-790-6754 or email sales@emotiva.com

XPA-1L - $399
    XDA-2 - $199
    Fusion 8100 - $459
    UPA-700 - $359
    Stealth 6 - $349
    XPA-1 Gen1 - $649
    XPA-1 Gen2 - $899
    XSP-1 Gen2 - $749
    UMC-200 - $479
 (qualifies for Upgrade for Life)
    DC-1 - $449
    ERC-3 - $349
    XPR-2 - $1499 (USA only)
    XPA-200 - $349
    Living Room: HK AVR 354 as pre/pro, 2 x Polk Audio Micropro 4000, Adcom GFA-7500, 2 x Mirage OMD-15
    2 x Mirage OMD-5, 1 x Mirage OMD-C1, APC H15, Sony S790, Philips 52" LCD, Beogram 3000, FAT (Firestone Audio Tobby DAC), Harmony One

Den: Sherwood R-972,as pre/pro, 2 x Velodyne SPL-1000R, 3 x Crown Drivecore XLS1500, 2 x Polk Audio Lsi9
    1 x Polk Audio Lsic, 2 x Polk Audio Lsifx, Sony S790, APC H15, Dspeaker Dual Core 2.0, W4S DAC 2, Keces DA-151
  • erniejade
    Options
    Thanks Devlon, I did see that and the rep did let me know. The no 30 day was my issue on it. I don't know their signature sound since I have never owned an emo piece. As much as I like the looks, I need the 30 inhome trial in case I dont like it. I still want to hear a set of the stealth 8! It has some amazing reviews and I am a fan of the AMT tweeter.
  • audiocr381ve
    Options
    Very interested in hearing your findings when comparing these too!
  • erniejade
    Options
    Replacement should be here tomorrow. Skip, I am going to agree with you. I actually like the way the emo looks. I sill have a little bit more time with the p5 before I need to make a decision so I will have a few days after the emo is burned in to do side by side.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Would love to get my hands on a P5. Pretty sure that's my next purchase after I recover from dining room setup.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Any news here Ernie?

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • erniejade
    Options
    I received it last night but, I could not get any sound out of it. I called support today and they told me to try a few different things. I will find out more tonight.
  • audiocr381ve
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I received it last night but, I could not get any sound out of it. I called support today and they told me to try a few different things. I will find out more tonight.

Wow, unbelievable.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Wow....that won't bode well for their rep.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Jeez ... 2 Duds? This is starting to sound like IRS hard drives..

• erniejade
    Options
    This one could be my fault because I don;'t know their product. When I got it i turned the volume all the way down since I have no idea of the output on this pre. and I don't want to blow my speakers. I kept turning it up and turning it up but, i never got sound. I didnt pay attension to the numbers on the digital display. The rep told me it will go down to like -144 or so but, I probably wont hear sound till I hit -30 or -10. In my past, -10 is darn close to 0 and full but, their product is different. so I will give it another shot in a little bit when i get home.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Hope that does it...

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    And I thought PFB had bad luck....
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Well, if it plays out to be a simple matter of turning the volume dial up, I think Earn deserves a collective slap upside the head. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Options
    The volume knob just sipns. i did 2 full rounds. Any other preamp that would be blasting but, i guess this one isnt like that go figure. I will find out soon enough!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm out. Sorry it had to happen to you. Going the tube phone pre route...
  • erniejade
    Options
    The second unit was my mistake!. Again normally digital read out volume like my pionerr sc27 doesnt go that low or have to hit -30 before volume is present. -40 I could start to hear.

Now even though thats my mistake on not knowing its also an says how quiet thi. unit is. No hiss no noise nothing!. Its buring in right now. so far without it even on for an hour, i will say its more nutral and sounds good. vs the p5 is clean but on the warmer side