Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk's...

Options

Comments

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,085
    Options
    In for a set of 3.1's and 10's. Would like a set for my RTA 12c's too. Maybe my 5jr's and Monitor 12's too!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • audiocr381ve
    Options
    I'm in for a complete set for CRS+'s. I definitely want the tweeter and xover plates when they become available as well :)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Larry.... a thought, if you run some of the xover plates, perhaps run a couple ones for those of us with round plates.

I have a set of Trey's cup plates I havent used and I could gladly send it your way to help you measure and cut the round cup plates if you need.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jonicont
    Options
    Larry.... a thought, if you run some of the xover plates, perhaps run a couple ones for those of us with round plates.

I have a set of Trey's cup plates I havent used and I could gladly send it your way to help you measure and cut the round cup plates if you need.

Yep
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,982
    Options
    I found the tweeter bracket file!! :D
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

May I suggest you pass along a copy to someone as a backup measure :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited September 2014
    Options

Good news, but I have to ask - how critical are these?? Will they help as much as the driver rings?? Not being critical at all, just curious.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ken brydson
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    Let me know if you need a set for a template Tool.

You don't need to call him names.... wait, what?
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    Let me know if you need a set for a template Tool.

You don't need to call him names.... wait, what?

lol,i'm sure larry has been called worse.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • brgman
    Options

NIIIIIIIICE!!

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • brgman
    Options
    OK so i'm in for a 2.3tl set and say 6 tweeters.

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,490
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

Good news, but I have to ask - how critical are these?? Will they help as much as the driver rings?? Not being critical at all, just curious.

vmaxer, there is no effect on the audio by using the tweeter brackets. There is a great effect (upon you) from the comfort in knowing that the screw holes won't ever be stripped out after installing the tweeter brackets.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • brgman
    Options
    I just checked over at the other place and none of these upgrades matter.Everything sounds the same.Always.

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • headrott
    Options
    I just checked over at the other place and none of these upgrades matter.Everything sounds the same.Always.

brgman, I am not sure if you were being sacrastic (in general) or towards my response. I will say that I noticed a HUGE improvement in the clarity and detail produced by all SDA's I installed Larry's ring into.....HUGE.

However, I did not notice any audible improvement after installing the tweeter brackets into any of my SDA's; only what I described above I hope this resolves any issues anyone had with my response above.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    headrott wrote: »

brgman, I am not sure if you were being sacrastic (in general) or towards my response. I will say that I noticed a HUGE improvement in the clarity and detail produced by all SDA's I installed Larry's ring into.....HUGE.

However, I did not notice any audible improvement after installing the tweeter brackets into any of my SDA's; only what I described above I hope this resolves any issues anyone had with my response above.

I am fairly certain his comment was not aimed at you and was a veiled inference to the thread that talks about AVSForum, where all things sound the same and meant entirely in jest....

I am sure he knows they make a difference in real life.

• Toolfan66
    edited September 2014
    Options
    headrott wrote: »

I am fairly certain his comment was not aimed at you and was a veiled inference to the thread that talks about AVSForum, where all things sound the same and meant entirely in jest....

I am sure he knows they make a difference in real life.

This^^^ that's the way I took it..

Greg is dead on about the tweeter brackets though..
  • headrott
    Options
    Yeah, my initial thought too guys. Just clarifying on my end.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• brgman
    Options
    Sarcasm.
    Oye.

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Finally, I can post!! Toolfan66/Larry I am in for a set for SDA 2B"s/studios $47.04 plus shipping.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Toolfan66,
    Please remove my request for SDA 2B rings for now. Thanks, Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • WastelandWand'r
    Options
    Larry,
    I sent a note but havent heard back. In for a set for 2.3tl's, 2b' and CRS+.
    Please send me payment information.
    nrsheets2@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance,
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • stogie
    stogie Posts: 230
    Options
    Larry,
    I sent a note (at least I tried to send a note) also but haven't heard back. It could be I'm not using the new system correctly. Just when I was getting my feet wet with old system they went and changed it. Can someone explain how to send a PM using the new system or point me towards a thread that explains it. Thanks, Don
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
    Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
    Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
    Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
    SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
    Tuner: Sansui TU-717
    TT: Technics SL-MA1
    Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
    Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
    DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
    Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Mobile or computer??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • stogie
    Options
    home pc
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Guys please give me a few to take care of the orders I have, it will make it less confusing on my end, I will get to you..

I also have more 12" rings in stock, and I will have some tweeter brackets soon..

For those of you guys that have paid me, and waiting for your orders to ship, the button head cap screws have not come in yet, I was told today they will be here on Monday so your orders will ship next week. Sorry for the delay I really thought they would be here this week, I had no idea they sent them out to be black zinc as I have never had to wait on them this long..

Thanks for being patient, and understanding, I want them shipped as much as you want them in your hands

Ring Man..
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Guys please give me a few to take care of the orders I have, it will make it less confusing on my end, I will get to you..

I also have more 12" rings in stock, and I will have some tweeter brackets soon..

For those of you guys that have paid me, and waiting for your orders to ship, the button head cap screws have not come in yet, I was told today they will be here on Monday so your orders will ship next week. Sorry for the delay I really thought they would be here this week, I had no idea they sent them out to be black zinc as I have never had to wait on them this long..

Thanks for being patient, and understanding, I want them shipped as much as you want them in your hands

Ring Man..

No worries man, I am in no rush just didn't want to miss out!!

Thanks for what you do for us!!

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • deafbykhorns
    Options
    I need a set for a pair of 2.3 TLs
    Main System- Scratch built 2A3 , Lightspeed preamp, Technics SP15/Graham/XV1s,Klipschorns w/ALK xovers/Trachorns, Speakercraft MT8(4), Sonos ZP90, Yamaha Aventage for surround
    Office System- Adcom GTP500, Bedini 45/45,Lexicon RT-20,Enlightened Audio DAC, Polk SDA2.3TL, Northcreek Borealis
  • stogie
    Options
    No rush Larry, just wasn't sure if I was using PM correctly. Think I got it figured now.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    I haven't figured out pm's yet on the new forum. I'll need the payment info for 2.3 rings. Thanks.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Ok guys!!!

Everyone that has paid will ship out tomorrow, packed and ready to go!!!

I am ready for round 2 of orders!!!!