Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Sam Bradford is going to the Vikings! There chances have improved dramatically from QBs they had on the roster.

Looks like Sanchez is going to Dallas. That will be interesting.

I agree about the Vikes, but the Eagles will now be starting C Wentz long before he's ready, I think. Not that I care, just surprised they made that choice. They had planned to sit Wentz for the season before the trade.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Thank God I get to keep my Sunday ticket!

I have significantly lowered my expectations for the season, but if Bradford just needed the right program to shine, this could be a very good year.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Definitely not a Raiders fan, but their proposed Las Vegas stadium could be a thing of beauty.
    inziipcpgl4s.jpg
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Just wanted to mention the ND/Texas game last night. What a great game that was!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    But just think if Raiders move to LV it might be safe to go to the Raiders games again
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The Raiders suck no matter where they go. :)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Lol... Just bustin chops man.

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I would have preferred the Raiders move back to LA, but the Raiders out in Vegas ain't a bad thing either. Instead of going to Oakland for a day, I'll go to Vegas from Friday to Monday.

No way would I want the Raiders in LA. The Lams is enough I say...enough!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I get where you are coming from. I have been a Viking from birth and will be to the end of my days. I just want a Lombardi or two before I leave this life for the next.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Grew up in San Antonio as a Cowboys fan...Staubach and company, as well as an Oilers fan till Bud Adams relocated them :'(

Still a frustrated Cowboys fan :# and have grown to love the Texans :)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    It is doubtful, either the Vikings, or Cowboys will do better than 8 & 8.

Your statement on the Vikings is based on.........

Maybe it's that they are the defending NFC North champs?
    Maybe it's that they made significant improvements in their offensive line in the offseason?
    Maybe it's that they have one of, if not 'the', best running backs of all time on their roster and healthy?
    Maybe it's that they have more quality depth at receiver this year than they've quite possibly ever had?
    Maybe it's that they had a young defense with the second least points scored against them last season, or that many 'experts' are saying they are likely to be a much-improved defense this year with the added experience level of said young players?

LOTS to be excited about this year as a Vikings fan! Yeah, we've been bummin' about losing Bridgewater, but was it really that much of a loss? He had 14 TD passes last year and was 3-of-22 for passes over 30 yards on the season. Sure, we were excited about one 50+ yard pass this preseason and thought he played great in preseason game 3. And yes, it looked like he was becoming the team's offensive leader that we wanted all along...buuuuut, was it enough to hang our hats on there? That, we'll never know.

Our season, IMHO, totally hinges on the O-line's ability to give Bradford time in the pocket and to play upright and healthy. Bradford can be very effective from under center (Bridgewater prefers playing from the shotgun), exactly where the QB started from on over 90% of Adrian Peterson's runs of 15 yards or more.

So very happy I'm not a Tom Brady (underinflated) ball washer! ;)

• teekay0007
    Options
    I have been a Viking from birth and will be to the end of my days. I just want a Lombardi or two before I leave this life for the next.

No worries, John. Super Bowl 52, scheduled for February 2018 at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis will likely be a home game for the Vikings, going for a repeat!

:):o:):o:):o:):o

• gce
    Options
    I understand you don't feel the way I do @gce, but my point of view is clouded by my love for all that is Silver and Black.

I totally get it that you bleed Silver and Black. The reason I don't want the Raiders in L.A. or the Rams is I'd get stuck with watching the Rams or Raiders every Sunday. For 22 years I've been able to see almost all the Cowboys games because L.A. didn't have a team. I'd like to stay that way.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • gce
    Options
    @gce there's a thing called NFL Sunday Ticket.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I know. I've been kicking it around now that the Rams are here.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• gce
    Options
    @gce you had it good for the last 20 plus years as far as getting your Sunday fix of Cowboys football. Now the chickens have come to roost, time to pay the piper, and any other cliche that fits this scenario.

But since the Cowboys are Americas Team I'll still get at least half of their games. ;) This Sunday the Giants & Cowboys on Fox game of the week because the Rams are on MNF.

I can't see paying $50 a month when I know I'll get half the games or more.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I can't see watching the Cowpokes even if ALL the games were free

• txcoastal1
    Options

Wasn't anyone worth picking on the Vikes for fantasy football no need to watch them except when the Texans whoope up on them

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I love all the trash talking at the beginning of a new season. Right now everybody is undefeated. A month from now and we will all know which teams are for real.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I became a Viking fan when I was kid and they Played The Chiefs in the Superbowl....of course in Kansas everyone was a chiefs fan but me & I like the purple uniforms & the QB Joe Kapp.

Minnesota lost but I stayed a Viking fan forever!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gce
    Options

You'll be watching the Cowboys December 1st. >:)
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• txcoastal1
    Options
    :D:D:D:D
    1 superbowl win in last 10 years...and one of the most ridiculed teams in the last decade....pffft

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Raiders have skill and talent at all areas except QB. It's a dangerous team in the making. Same thing with the Cowboys, except Prescott still has time to prove himself,

H
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Patriots? Take out Brady, they are still a playoff team. Take out the coach but leave Brady, they are not. Whereas Manning, the opposite is true.
  • teekay0007
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    But since the Cowboys are Americas Team...

LOL! :p

I've always been a big fan of anybody* playing against the Cowboys!

* = except the Patriots!

Like it or not, the New England Patriots have clearly supplanted the Cowboys as America's Team in the 2000's.

ROFLOL!!...while hurling projectile vomit!! :p:p

• Paradoxex
    Options
    I live and die with the Raiders, that's what real fans do. Maybe it's different for bandwagon fans.
    This year, the Raiders are a team to watch. I expect at least 9-7 from them. I see them beating my Saints in game 1.

A Saints fan....ew.

I'll put my marker down now so I can claim them later for better or worse, but I feel like my Panthers are in a good place coming into the year. Now we have two receivers over 6'4" and another year under our young players' belts. Sure, last year ended poorly, but now they've had the bitter- time to taste the sweet.

We have a suspect CB, but umm....that was true at the beginning of last year too before our scheme helped make Josh Norman a severely overpaid Redskin player.
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But ins't that the same with any dynasty team
    Look at San Francisco, even Green Bay has lost it's luster except to the fans.

In the 50 years it's mostly been a few elite
    Green Bay
    Dallas
    Pittsburgh
    Frisco
    Denver
    NE

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    even Green Bay has lost it's luster except to the fans.

They haven't been doing so hot since they won the Superbowl in 2010/2011 season. I was born in Wisconsin though, I'll never stop rooting for them.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Brady is nothing without that Patriots coach.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    Brady is nothing without all the cheating.

Yep. :D

He's a talented QB, calm down Pats fans.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    halen wrote: »
    Brady is nothing without all the cheating.

Yep. :D

He's a talented QB, calm down Pats fans.

Hehehe.