What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    3k0yyzju7i6z.jpg

Steely Dan: Katy Lied
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    @rednedtugent,

You better believe it! This "lot" of CDs my daughter picked up for me has given me a very inexpensive and easy way "to broaden my horizons," and I'm loving it.

Even my wife is getting into it! :)

We're now enjoying:

8xwo3dhusrrz.jpg

I haven't listened to Dizzy Gillespie in recent years, even though he was a favorite of mine in the 1960s and 1970s.

Man, he was a great musician!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    a29rn1h385k1.jpg

Track 11: Thandewye: Absolutely haunting vocals and piano.

• Moose68Bash
    63x4gp7wqn6i.jpg

You gotta' love this one! Boy, this brings back memories for this gray-haired old dog! B)

Elvis recorded live in concert a Madison Square Garden on 10 June 1972. Set includes two CDs -- the first of the afternoon concert, the second of the evening concert on the same day -- and a DVD with extra materials (including Elvis's press conference) and a video of the complete afternoon concert and 20 minutes of fan-shot 8mm moving pictures.

This, to me, is the best find yet in the stash of 1,000 CDs, etc., that my daughter scored.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    from the depths of the dollar vinyl bin comes
    Crowbar
    2meshdhgvlom.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    the Roaring Silence of dollar vinyl
    ee1thpv21lei.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    kind of a poor man's Joe Cocker w/ Jim Horn all over it
    dollar vinyl; Michael Bolotin
    87q1iso8zegu.jpg
    he later changed his name to Michael Bolton...
    I failed to credit Dave "Paul Butterfield-David Bowie Young Americans" Sanborn who plays sax on this LP as well. oh,
    and finally Marcy Levy who sang duets w/ Eric Clapton and Alice Cooper!
  • [Deleted User]
    Montrose "Mean" from the dollar vinyl section
    whry9n9pv4oo.jpg
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,722
    1363022885_folder.jpg

Alvin Lee ~ In Flight......Double Live LP
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I did pick this up on 45 rpm Vinyl...when I was longer my cousin's live down the Street from us and my Cousin Scott played Elvis Vinyl all the time with all those snap crackles & pops :p

Someday if he ever stops by I'll play some Elvis for him like he has never heard before B)

nns2y59vwycd.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,722
    1338231978_cover.jpg

Joe Walsh ~ Analog Man
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    mother-in-law is over;
    Chopin Valses 1-14
    Maria Joao Pires

was gonna be Thin Lizzy :#
  • Moose68Bash
    edited July 2015
    mother-in-law is over;
    Chopin Valses 1-14
    Maria Joao Pires

@rednedtugent,

Now, that's great music and a fine musician! Mother-in-law or not it is worth listening to!

:)

• Moose68Bash
    re8fg7lb0h2u.jpg

Another one from my daughter's find.

We've been rating them 1 - 5 as we listen to them.

My wife wants to give this one a "6." :)

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Zappa/Mothers: Just Another Band From L. A.
  • [Deleted User]
    a Bob Dylan live random airplay to the Denon
  • chumlie
  • Moose68Bash
    edited July 2015
    yu83y2iavh4t.jpg

• Moose68Bash
    2ptmcsn39mcr.jpg

• Moose68Bash
    y3s6abmh0vt9.jpg

• voltz
    lunazul wrote: »
    9i6we0c91ggw.jpg

on a scale of 1-10 this gets a 11 especially for their 1st LP
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• [Deleted User]
    just finishing pet sounds in 5.1
    up next The Beatles 'Love' 5.1
  • voltz
    DIO * Dream Evil *
    xananhb2cuwe.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    time for black cat bone
    two channel pure direct thru the Denon
    ulq8p9z7i9e9.jpg
  • Moose68Bash
    e4w90f0c4tk5.jpg

• chumlie
    Roger Waters: Amused To Death on vinyl.
    This one sets a new standard for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Good idea! Japan for US target CD.
    lunazul wrote: »
    9i6we0c91ggw.jpg

This discussion has been closed.