What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    8aie0mx3uzi8.jpg
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Frank Zappa, Them or us
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Moonshine Bandits, Big Tex
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    The Beatles on the bedroom setup; redbook
    y1tioywhkfr1.jpeg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Cradle Of Filth - Hammer Of The Witches

81c7iYyWpDL._SX522_.jpg

On one hand, typical scream your lyrics Metal. On the other hand, it's not too bad. If my neighbors ever irritate me then this is what I will play outside. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    And now for something completely different.

Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado

71sCa-9hdHL._SX522_.jpg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Mike Oldfield: Ommadawn. vinyl
  • [Deleted User]
    Noise floor from I-480 as I have the setup in the mancave apart :#
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,722
    ycta0j5iu2qn.jpg

Heading down shortly. Happy happy joy joy.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    chumlie wrote: »
    Mike Oldfield: Ommadawn. vinyl

Good morning to all my friends at the Polk Forum

Nice choice "Sir Chumlie"

e9Gljj.jpg

Mike Oldfield ~ Ommadawn

Have a "GREAT" Sat. everybody. 2p7vj6wmyv9c.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    Good hunting PMan!
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    ycta0j5iu2qn.jpg

Heading down shortly. Happy happy joy joy.

• [Deleted User]
    well I got the Polk fronts and center set back up so I'm taking a break :)
    x3ltvfwuf8ki.jpg
  • chumlie
    Good morning Gents.
    Blue Cheer: Vincebus Eruptum. vinyl
    Have fun Pman. I'm off to Barnes & Noble for there vinyl day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous DVD
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Hey Chum, I was just thinking about Summertime Blues.
  • chumlie
    Gov't Mule: Stoned Side. vinyl
  • [Deleted User]
    The Rolling Stones 'After-math' UK DSD remastered CD
  • Moose68Bash
    f0g5yhmmu2yz.jpg

This was in the "lot" my daughter picked up at the garage sale a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't like it much when I first listened to it. However, I had a little "tickle" in my head that I ought to give it another shot, and I definitely like it better the second time around. I still can't stand the track "Split Decision," because it just seems to me to be a lousy metaphor for the subject. In the days of the Metaphysical Poets (roughly the period of Shakespeare) it would have been called a "conceit," which in this case I don't think works well.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    f0g5yhmmu2yz.jpg

This was in the "lot" my daughter picked up at the garage sale a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't like it much when I first listened to it. However, I had a little "tickle" in my head that I ought to give it another shot, and I definitely like it better the second time around. I still can't stand the track "Split Decision," because it just seems to me to be a lousy metaphor for the subject. In the days of the Metaphysical Poets (roughly the period of Shakespeare) it would have been called a "conceit," which in this case I don't think works well.

That is a very good album my friend....a lot deal??....you scored a gem!!
  • Moose68Bash
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    f0g5yhmmu2yz.jpg

Yes, my daughter "scored" a "lot" of about 1,000 CDs from a garage sale at the home of Ashley Kahn. She paid $375.00, which also included two Boltz steel CD racks that hold 600 CDs each. See this thread:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/168220/nice-find-today-anybody-heard-of-ashley-kahn-jazz-critic-historian-etc#latest

• Moose68Bash
    edited July 2015
    ze010mgep1y3.jpg

Get beyond the political message, with which I don't feel sympathetic, and the 1980s electronic/synthesizer/reverberated music, and it isn't bad! B)

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    f0g5yhmmu2yz.jpg

Yes, my daughter "scored" a "lot" of about 1,000 CDs from a garage sale at the home of Ashley Kahn. She paid $375.00, which also included two Boltz steel CD racks that hold 600 CDs each. See this thread:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/168220/nice-find-today-anybody-heard-of-ashley-kahn-jazz-critic-historian-etc#latest

Dam guy!!...don't know how I missed the thread about that....I'm pretty much a vinyl guy..but you really hit a honey hole with that one!!...drooling!!
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Jarryd james. "Do you remember"
  • pumpkinman
    Xya3Kj.jpg

The Byrds ~ Byrdmaniax
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    dunno what happened to my comment so I'll try again :)
    Spirit SBM CD. CD days ahead.
  • pumpkinman
    5wJQ4l.jpg

The Bevis Frond ~ Any Gas Faster
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    cznii7dp24xf.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pumpkinman
    Xxeo9N.jpg

Crossroads (soundtrack) ~ Ry Cooder
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

This discussion has been closed.