• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Red: How about "Stone to The Bone"
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    edited May 2015
    tgrm46ssqbml.jpg

CD 88 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

This is one of our favorite CDs of all times. Of course, it is slanted toward holiday music and is largely a compilation of tracks available on other CDs, but it has several great tracks for year-round listening -- e.g., Track 2: Diana Krall, "You Couldn't Be Cuter"; Track 4. James Taylor, "Here Comes the Sun"; Track 17, "My Favorite Things"; Track 18, Renee Fleming, "Touch the Hand of Love"; Track 20, Amelia Zirin-Brown, "This Little Light of Mine."

Yo-Yo Ma's playing throughout is beautiful.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    91807npmrzgy.jpg

CD 87 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Accidentally pulled the prvious CD out of the "Box" before this one.

Another interesting performance by The Silk Road Ensemble.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    I strive for moose's sense of grandeur and his DAC :)
    I'm listening to warehouse noise.

I missed this post!

It brought a smile to my face, because I'm now nearing the end of my journey through "30 Years Outside the Box," and I went back to the beginning to see when I first listened to "New Impossibilities" -- one of the first CDs from the "Box" that I listened to.

Then I read your post!

I like my DAC.

Whether I would ever lay claim to a sense of grandeur is a totally different issue! :)

• Moose68Bash
    Chopin CD (made in Japan for France)
    Maria Joao Pires on piano/Klavier Steinway

How does it sound?

My wife loves Chopin, and I always like to find CDs that please her. (I'm assuming it's a CD.)

• Moose68Bash
    I just finished listening to "The Bonus Discs" that are CDs 89 and 90 of the 90 CDs in ""Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Year Outside the Box."

Thus, I have finished my "Yo-Yo Ma Journey."

[No album art appears to be available for these discs, and I have not yet produced my own, although I fully intend to do so.]

Well, over the last month, more or less) I achieved my objective of listening to all 90 discs; however, I did not actually do them completely in sequence, as I had planned -- a few diversions here and there to please my wife and daughter, as well as at least one mistake by myself. I should also confess that I was impatient about listening to a couple of discs sooner than a purely sequential journey would have allowed.

I can say without reservation that this set includes some of the finest music recorded in the 20th and early 21st centuries by many of the finest musicians during that period. I certainly have not heard all the recorded music in that period, but I have heard enough to feel pretty confident in that broad judgement.

The recordings, as you would expect, vary in quality to some degree, but they are largely very well done and were very well remastered in 2009 for this boxed set.

Perhaps more important, they do, as I had hoped, illustrate the remarkable career of Yo-Yo Ma. Beginning with his mastery and performances of the cello "canon" in his early years 9really, throughout his career and moving through his diversification into many forms of music across the various traditions around the world, he has been a leader and innovator in music for many years and I hope for many years to come
    Bravo! Not that he needs any praise from me, but I really appreciate, admire and enjoy what he has done with his life, talents and instrument.

I also achieved my second objective of putting over 250 hours on the remarkable Monastery Series | "The Abbot" crossovers Vr3 Mods built to convert my SDA SRS1.2s to SDA SRS1.2TLs.

The Yo-Yo Ma journey provided me ample experience to review the spectacular performance that Trey's crossovers and other mods, joined with new RD0-198-1 tweeters, has brought to my two-channel systems.

That review will be forthcoming! :)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Down IV - Part II

down_4_pt_1_import-21158999-frntl.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Aways a winner with the mother-in-law and the wife.
    (sometimes that is all that matters)
    Chopin CD (made in Japan for France)
    Maria Joao Pires on piano/Klavier Steinway

How does it sound?

My wife loves Chopin, and I always like to find CDs that please her. (I'm assuming it's a CD.)

• Moose68Bash
    Aways a winner with the mother-in-law and the wife.
    (sometimes that is all that matters)

Amen, brother! :)

• [Deleted User]
    Beggars Banquet followed by It's Only R-n-R
  • Moose68Bash
    aet7w07skd6m.jpg

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Knopfler's new one, Tracker. I've been listening to this a lot lately.

e5osbzz1unmb.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    one more day in the jar
    u9tz1412nps9.jpeg
  • Moose68Bash
    nbwxggqskpsa.jpg

Sounds like Johansen and the Harry Smiths are right here in the room with me.

Three cheers for VR3 Mods Monastery/"The Abbott" crossovers! :)

• [Deleted User]
    picked up a couple of dollar CDs and the Japanese SHM-SACD
    of Wishbone Ash Argus arrived today.
    6ynlj0y0lsh1.jpg
    The others are
    Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds and
    Icarus 'Kamikaze'
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,716
    DqNBvo.jpg

McGuinness Flint ~ Happy Birthday, Ruthy Baby
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • [Deleted User]
    Another I've never seen PMan. :*

Bluejays - the band.
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    DqNBvo.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Another I've never seen PMan. :*

Bluejays - the band.
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    DqNBvo.jpg

Happy Friday Red,
    This is one I've been looking to acquire this for some time. I finally found a NM copy while I was visiting a friend in Minnesota last week.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Red, I'm gonna be in Ohio next week visiting my daughter. Town of Hartville ?? Supposed to be about 30 min. drive to Cleveland. Where's this amazing record store you go to. Come on "Spill the beans"
    Shoot a PM with any good places to check out.

P-man
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Gentle Giant 'The Power and the Glory' on two channel.
    Sounds weird after listening surround all this time.

I'll send you a list p-man but the fun is out of vinyl hunting.
    They want $10.00 for something I could get for a buck.
    I'm on to $1 CDs now! (for the fun of it)
  • [Deleted User]
    Steve as long as the wife can Hackett
    Genesis Revisited: Live at the RAH
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    5xt32ou5xmca.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Moose68Bash
    o7wps2hjcpvc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.