Comments

• pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Listening to Bach in this 1959 multi-set
    khc08tubxwf9.jpg

Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    dromunds wrote: »
    Msabot1: Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres are both full of great stuff. I feel about ZZ Top kinda like I feel about U2, I know some will disagree, but Boy and October I find to be their best albums. When those albums came out in 80 and 81 they were fresh and alive. I was lucky enough to pick up Boy right when it came out and I looked forward to their next album with great anticipation. Same with ZZ Top, they had a newness about them in the beginning, everybody I know played Mud and Tres ALL the time in high school. I've seen both bands live several times but their success made them less appealing to me. Although the last time I saw ZZ Top a few years ago, they played a whole bunch of early blues.

Boy LP
    x6xaa11c9ohh.jpg

Not an argument there pal...Boy is classic...even now I Will Follow cranked will get you off your keister.....first time I saw ZZ..I had only vaguely heard of them..played a tobacco warehouse in Ky in late 72... Opened for Bob's silver bullet band...floored the crowd too...Saw them twice since..last they were promoting Hombres...nothing like em back in the day...no bs...just jammin...solid sets...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Ah I would have loved to have seen ZZ Top in '72. Lucky man, lucky man.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros: Global A Go-Go. vinyl
  • dromunds wrote: »
    fphp6jqau66q.jpg

Good Pick to start the morning. I have SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD. Need to pick up Honky- Tonk Outlaw by Steve
    Joey Ward
  • dromunds
    Joey Ward, that Steve Young is a re-release double CD of Renegade Picker and also No Place To Fall. Excellent. One of the most under-appreciated musicians of all time.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Bob Dylan * Blood on the Tracks *
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • On now. Listening to the CD layer...
    voltz wrote: »
    Bob Dylan * Blood on the Tracks *

• dromunds
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    headrott wrote: »
    Was listening to this one:

51_JHm_SLNGs_L_SS400.jpg

Gary_Numan_The_Pleasure_Principle_Back.jpg

One of my top 10 best recorded albums, as well as being a fantastic album. If you don't own this one, go buy the 30th anniversary CD now!

Japan needs to get on the ball and release this one on SHM-SACD.

Just Ordered it on Amazon I'm a prime member so will have it friday did listen to the free mp3 version that you get with the CD purchase totally forgot about this it's been a heck of a long time. I can't wait for the remastered CD version cars is one of the weaker tracks on this but weak in a good way.

Now amazon did deliver this today listening to it now.

3hwiulkoy0vr.jpg
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    Joey Ward, that Steve Young is a re-release double CD of Renegade Picker and also No Place To Fall. Excellent. One of the most under-appreciated musicians of all time.
    I agree Steve Young is most under appreciated. When I heard his Seven Bridges Road back in 1971 for the first It was a keeper along with Link Wray self titled release Link Wray. Pick up both Steve and Link lp's the same day new back then and came home and listen to both, Wow two fines back to back.

Joey Ward
  • dromunds
    Black and Blue (remastered: pretty decent sound quality, wide soundstage)

gr57njebe0uf.jpg
  • dromunds
    Captain Beefheart - Ice Cream For Crow

candpmwysqpl.jpg
  • pongshi
    Coffee time.....
    z0aqa3xz6l7i.jpg
    Living Room
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,709
    wslj6mwmvfeg.jpg

John Mayall ~ Blues From Laurel Canyon
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Good Morning PMan.
    on now..
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    wslj6mwmvfeg.jpg

John Mayall ~ Blues From Laurel Canyon

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I picked up a couple of adapters to turn my TT into mono, going to try it out on the Dylan Original mono recordings vinyl box set i have this weekend.

right now * Dylan * Highway 61 revisited *
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pongshi
    In vinyl of course
    7d5ysmmq52r1.jpg
    Living Room
    Parasound P5 preamp
  • Congrats on making it to 100 posts pongshi!

Listening to some Roxy Music
    xyun61fpgqfi.jpg

• MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR by Beatles
    Note...Saw the fab four at the Hollywood bowl in summer of 1965 when I was12 years old. Really didn't hear much of the Beatles because of all the screaming girls. I remember the announcement of the BEATLES, then a concert of screaming girls, then it was over. All I can say about that concert is, I was there.
    Joey Ward
  • pongshi
    Morning routine again..coffee and something light.
    Listening to Beethoven in this series. This was nice little Craigslist buy.
    wucsgwe46162.jpg
    Living Room
    Parasound P5 preamp
  • dromunds
    Joey Ward: lucky man, lucky man. My cousin saw the Beatles in '64, that concert you saw in '65 must be the "Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl." In the summer of '65 I was at a boys camp and everyone was waiting for the "new Beatles record." Some kid had a battery operated Singer record player that he played 45's with in his cabin. Finally, we heard "Help" on the radio and nobody was wondering anymore if the Beatles still had it. Lol.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Zappa: Guitar. vinyl
    Joey Ward: lucky man, lucky man. My cousin saw the Beatles in '64, that concert you saw in '65 must be the "Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl." In the summer of '65 I was at a boys camp and everyone was waiting for the "new Beatles record." Some kid had a battery operated Singer record player that he played 45's with in his cabin. Finally, we heard "Help" on the radio and nobody was wondering anymore if the Beatles still had it. Lol.
    Thanks Dromunds, Beatles were something different than the rest of the bands then and now. They had something about them. Even there recordings had clean sound for the time in the 60's. They used horns, cello's etc.......And they new when it was over and time to move on.

Joey Ward
  • dromunds
    Yeah, and not only that but the Beatles were true artists in the classic sense. When they stopped touring and went into the studio as a full-time job, they upped the ante for all musicians and really started putting out some unbelievable stuff. Considering the recording equipment at the time, The White Album, Sergeant Pepper, and other material was so far ahead of its time its not even funny. The fact that they could afford a blank check as far as studio time helped make that possible but also the fact that the Beatles lived their music. That's not to take anything away from their early stuff, as most of that also holds up incredibly well even after fifty years.