What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,127
    Good movie, I think this was one of the first Anime flicks I bought myself back in the day when Suncoast was still in malls.

Oh man, Suncoast at the mall! You just brought back some memories. I would always go in there and pay exorbitant prices for anime back in the day. Good times.

Now I'm going to have to watch Armitage again after listening to the soundtrack yesterday!
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    dvdy0ytme9oa.png
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,631
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :# :/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

I made my first experience with that album a proper DSOTM session.

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :# :lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,342
    Steve Earle Jerusalem HDCD sourced from a
    California Audio Labs CL-15
    https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Earle-Jerusalem/release/2437264
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :# :/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

I made my first experience with that album a proper DSOTM session.

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :# :lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)

I started audio later than you did. I jumped into the rabbit hole at about age 21 or 22, can't remember now. My Uncle played for me his prized SDA SRS 2s and sent me home with some Paradigm 90P towers, a Denon PRA1200 and a Kenwood power amp that the model escapes me.

Retired the Paradigms for a bit and used some RTA11TLs, gave the Kenwood away on here as a karma and use the Denon with my Adcom GFA545.

Let's just say I was a rambunctious teen and when I was your age I didn't worry about consequences to my actions. Doesn't mean I wasn't good at hiding my dirt though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,522
    edited September 2018
    On a J-Pop kick today.

Motohiro Hata - "Can't read Japanese but it's live"

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • verbverb Posts: 7,638
    Still on my Billy Idol kick. Extended versions remastered.
    yik3fl7min7p.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,428
    Dude, never seen so much B.I. Love
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,230
    Jeff Tweedy - Madison

77u8fp701on7.jpeg
  • pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 7,336
    sphqwgdrvjcm.jpeg

Nelson Riddle • Route 66 and other great TV Themes
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Just a dude doing dude-ly things

mb06qof7bhff.jpeg

Gene Clark • s/t
    I only had a mp3 cd-r of this album. So this was a nice find today
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

qabjfcem41dj.jpeg

Herbie Hancock • Flood........Japanese CD
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

8nd4siitampd.jpeg

Grinderman 2
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Yusef Lateef's Little Symphony vinyl
    Herbie Hancock 'Head Hunters' SACD
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,291
    tl91sks2pt58.jpg

Shaking the tree
    SACD
    Frank Zappa Hot Rats CD
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,602
    Good Morning All. Rocking out with Neil on the headphones. Fine show this one is.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,453
    uso6h78joo9v.jpg
    Miles Davis - Live at Avignon, France 1988
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,230
    50 years ago yesterday Jimi Hendrix released All Along The Watchtower. Sorry I was asleep at the switch on this one. Lol.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,453
    ndde2qgkbh1z.jpg
    Claire Martin - The Waiting Game - Linn Records
    Led Zep
    HtWWW Bluray surround
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,998
    uwvz0u902m6q.jpg
    Alan Parsons-Eye In The Sky 5.1 mix Blu Ray Audio

This sounds fantastic it took forever for CD Japan to deliver, but well worth the wait.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)