What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• I am fan of them since day 1, they are getting better.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,055
    edited September 2018
    Drew, moog whiz Isao Tomita does a bunch of Debussy on his "Snowflakes Are Dancing" album. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflakes_Are_Dancing
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,701
    The great Jimi Hendrix died on this date
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,748
    ^ That is a great audiophile level recording, highly recommended.
  • pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 7,506
    dqo9gw5l6sj5.jpeg

Crosby, Stills and Nash • 4 disc set (disc 3 playing)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
    uvsq3k8agnct.jpeg

Wings • Back To The Egg
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

bogjh9wicmsc.jpeg

Crazy Horse • s/t
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

d8xw675hulnq.jpeg

Crazy Horse • Loose.....German pressing
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,637
    picked up a 1956 six eye Columbia version on the cheap;
    'Concert by the Sea'
    Erroll Garner
    NP side 2
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,643
    The War On Drugs: A Deeper Understanding.
    54u3ydirtwv9.jpeg

Robin Trower • Victims Alf The Fury
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Clipdat wrote: »
    MI0001595304.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Good movie, I think this was one of the first Anime flicks I bought myself back in the day when Suncoast was still in malls.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,187
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :#:/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

Micah, I’ll make a statement on the vinyl pressings thread specific to this as not to hijack this thread.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg
    Found this the other day for $5, it was brand new and un-opened, but it was a Target record. :confounded: It doesn’t sound anywhere near bad, in fact, it has better SQ than a lot of my Beatles records, which were unopened originals. It was mastered with the original analog tapes, 180g vinyl, not warped or anything. The fingerprints on the cover was me not thinking, as I opened it up whilst eating pizza. :#:/
    And, I think that $5 for DSOTM is a deal, no matter what version, pressing, etc.

I made my first experience with that album a proper DSOTM session.

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,724
    edited September 2018
    joecoulson wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

Micah, I’ll make a statement on the vinyl pressings thread specific to this as not to hijack this thread.

I do realize that there are better pressings out there, and that they will sound better, but this definitely doesn’t sound bad.
    Or maybe I can’t miss what I haven’t heard?
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,748
    Good movie, I think this was one of the first Anime flicks I bought myself back in the day when Suncoast was still in malls.

Oh man, Suncoast at the mall! You just brought back some memories. I would always go in there and pay exorbitant prices for anime back in the day. Good times.

Now I'm going to have to watch Armitage again after listening to the soundtrack yesterday!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,724
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

Went into my living room when everyone else was asleep, grabbed some brews, turned off the lights, started the record, turned it up and lighted something fun to get me in the mood. Fun stuff.

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :#:lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,637
    Steve Earle Jerusalem HDCD sourced from a
    California Audio Labs CL-15
    https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Earle-Jerusalem/release/2437264
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    j7os11srs4bz.jpg

First time I listened to this record, I gave my little sister nightmares. :#:lol:
    I don’t listen to it unless I’m home alone, or it’s just me and my dad. :)

I started audio later than you did. I jumped into the rabbit hole at about age 21 or 22, can't remember now. My Uncle played for me his prized SDA SRS 2s and sent me home with some Paradigm 90P towers, a Denon PRA1200 and a Kenwood power amp that the model escapes me.

Retired the Paradigms for a bit and used some RTA11TLs, gave the Kenwood away on here as a karma and use the Denon with my Adcom GFA545.

Let's just say I was a rambunctious teen and when I was your age I didn't worry about consequences to my actions. Doesn't mean I wasn't good at hiding my dirt though.