What Are You Listening To?

Options

Comments

• landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Sade - Greatest Hits ( Relaxing and Smooth) Day is going by fast.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    Ah, you old ****! :p

Way cool! Another blast from the past. I have "Argus" on vinyl but haven't listened to it in years.
    Wishbone Ash is an all but forgotten, great band. One of the few to feature twin lead guitarists.

"Live Dates" is one of my few radio station winnings. Also won a pair of tickets to see them in an old downtown Cleveland movie theater, circa winter of '73-'74. Great show... Opening act was some new guy out of NJ named Spingsteen or something... wonder whatever became of him? :D

There's an excellent 2-disc WA compilation out... "Time Was/ The Wishbone Ash Collection".

Listening to some new arrivals today:
    The James Gang - "Live in Concert"
    It's pretty much the "... Rides Again" song line-up. After some strained opening vocals by my boy, Joe, this disc really warms up. Joe's guitar playing is very strong, maybe his zenith, and much "bluesier" than anything else I've heard from him. Some extended, improvised solos in about half the tracks make this one worth a buy... if you're into Joe.

Leon Russell - "... and the Shelter People"
    Another one of the "lost tapes" (lost due to age) from my college days has now been replaced. Pretty much the quintessential Leon release. Memories of it were a little better than the reality, but the reality ain't bad so I am glad that I found and bought it.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    Ah, you old ****! :p

Way cool! Another blast from the past. I have "Argus" on vinyl but haven't listened to it in years.
    Argus is great..it was re-released in remastered form on cd not too long ago BTW
  • Billm57
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Wishbone Ash is an all but forgotten, great band. One of the few to feature twin lead guitarists.

"Live Dates" is one of my few radio station winnings. Also won a pair of tickets to see them in an old downtown Cleveland movie theater, circa winter of '73-'74. Great show... Opening act was some new guy out of NJ named Spingsteen or something... wonder whatever became of him? :D

There's an excellent 2-disc WA compilation out... "Time Was/ The Wishbone Ash Collection".

Listening to some new arrivals today:
    The James Gang - "Live in Concert"
    It's pretty much the "... Rides Again" song line-up. After some strained opening vocals by my boy, Joe, this disc really warms up. Joe's guitar playing is very strong, maybe his zenith, and much "bluesier" than anything else I've heard from him. Some extended, improvised solos in about half the tracks make this one worth a buy... if you're into Joe.

Leon Russell - "... and the Shelter People"
    Another one of the "lost tapes" (lost due to age) from my college days has now been replaced. Pretty much the quintessential Leon release. Memories of it were a little better than the reality, but the reality ain't bad so I am glad that I found and bought it.

Love James Gang..
    BTW Wishbone Ash played here in Chicago at House Of Blues a few years back
    I didnt get to go but i was able to hear a stream of the show back when the HOB site actually had concert streams on thier website ..they sounded great for a bunch of old guys
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited December 2004
    Options
    pink floyd...The Final Cut....digitally remastered version. Their best album by far.............
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Dream Theater - 'Awake'
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Last night was Derek And The Dominos - Layla - SACD (Thanks to my friend Jesse). EXCELLENT!

Tonight, I'm getting in the Christmas spirit...

Handel's Messiah performed by the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra and The Stockholm Bach Choir - Anders Ohrwall - Conductor. A SACD by FIM (First Impressions Music). This is one of the finest recorded pieces of music I own. Start with one of the greatest works of music ever written, performed by truly world class musicians/vocalists and re-mastered extremely well as a SACD. It is a unique disc in many ways. Every time I hear the Hallelujah (Chorus) cold chills run down my spine.

Mannheim Steamroller - Christmas in the Aire

Home Alone [Original Soundtrack]

The Carpenters - Christmas Portrait
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Bright Eyes: Lifted or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground

Took a few listenings for it to sink in, but since it has it is one of my favorites - Pretty powerful lyrics for someone his age. Helps if you put yourself in the right frame of mind before listening! :cool:
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • Billm57
    edited December 2004
    Options
    The Inner Mounting Flame-Mahavishnu Orchestra
    for the "happy" commmute in today

and now at work with Velvet Revolver on
  • Billm57
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by shack
    Last night was Derek And The Dominos - Layla - SACD (Thanks to my friend Jesse). EXCELLENT!

t[/U]

I love the version of Little Wing on that one with the late great Duane Allman
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Billm57
    The Inner Mounting Flame-Mahavishnu Orchestra
    That's John McLoughlin and the....
    Toss up for me between "IMF" and "Birds of Fire" as their best...

Redid the Leon Russell this AM... More of the old qualities came out 2nd time around. Have to upgrade this one to a worthy buy...

Took a little Jackson detour... as in JJ's "Rhythm Nation" and the expanded reissue of MJ's "Thriller". Me likee....

Now up, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' "Three Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"... great stuff...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Kenny Waye Sheppards new one. rocking!!!!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Steve Vai....The Ultra Zone
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Options
    The Cure -Disintegration
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Nirvana - With The Lights Out

The Postal Service - Give Up

Nas - Street's Disciple

depends on the mood and who i'm around mostly
    cats.vans.bag...
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2004
    Options
    surfen the FM bands and the 2B's are doing a great job.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Cam'ron---Come Home With Me

Diplomats-Diplomatic Immunity

G-Unit
    Beg For Mercy

Trying to wake up this morning!

:)
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Billm57
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    That's John McLoughlin and the....
    Toss up for me between "IMF" and "Birds of Fire" as their best...

same here..like them both pretty much equally
    speaking of John McLaughlin I am listening to :
    Miles Davis-In a Silent Way Sessions today
    Althought this was the predecessor to **** Brew I like this one much more
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited December 2004
    Options
    What Are You Listening To?

my wife bitchin at me to turn it down:mad:

i'm scaring the friggin dog
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Rammstein - Mutter

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Decided to go with a trio of county ladies tonight....Not everyones favorites here I know...but there is something about a southern girl's voice that can charm the pants off of a southern guy...like me....

Sugarland - Twice The Speed of Life - Jennifer Nettles is a relative newcommer from Atlanta that has a pure southern voice that I can listen to for hours.

Sara Evans - Restless

Leann Rimes - Greatest Hits

Great voices within their genre...and not too bad to look at either!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Nelly---Suit, followed by Ludacris---The Red Light District.
    (wake UP!)

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Motown - Michael McDonald

Great sounding disc featuring great performances from the ex-lead singer of the Doobie Brothers.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Requiem for a dream soundtrack...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited December 2004
    Options
    this thread will last forever and ever

these last few weeks i have needed some energy with the long hours of retail and i think the customer masses are gettin to me

ministry- psalms 69
    alice in chains- dirt
    dj accucrack- mako vs shark (heavy drum n bass from detroit)
    disturbed- beleive
    taproot-welcome
    and the heavy metal music station on directv at work when i open the store before i have to turn everything to christmas music for 12 hours..
    nothing like death metal first thing in the morning.....ok coffee too
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Slayer - South of Heaven

• landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Marvin Gaye--What's Goin On
    Kenny G
    Kenny G Live! (Excellent)

Kenny G Live is a good cd to listen to on those Polks. I am using my Panasonic (sx-sx430) mp3/cd player right now. Still sounds great. Get it! Try it out! You will love it!:D

• Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Robert Cray: Midnite Stroll

I sure wish they'd release his stuff on SACD or DVD-A soon.....
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by landry_p2000
    Marvin Gaye--What's Goin On
    Kenny G

Kenny G Live! (Excellent)

Kenny G Live is a good cd to listen to on those Polks. I am using my Panasonic (sx-sx430) mp3/cd player right now. Still sounds great. Get it! Try it out! You will love it!:D

Wait until you heard it on SACD.

1176.jpg
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited December 2004
    Options
    In honor of Dimebag Darrell, I jammed to Pantera's Vulger Display of Power lastnight.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15