Nissan's

Options

Comments

• 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Get 0% APR Financing for 60 Months on a new 2013 Highlander!

NEW 2013 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 4WD 4DR V6

MSRP $33,045 - $3,000 = $30,045 / 60 = $500.75/month (assuming NO trade-in or down payment)

http://www.butler-toyota.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Toyota-Highlander-4WD_4dr_V6_%28Natl%29-Indianapolis-IN/2077310343

Seems like every Toyota dealer ought to have similar deals on 2013s (2014 is a redesigned Highlander = incentive to clear out 2013s ASAP).

IF your budget says you can't afford that; I would advise looking @ Toyota Certified, over your great deal on the Murano.

I've owned Toyotas since 1975. We currently have a 2009 Nissan Xterra, because we felt like we couldn't afford a new Land Cruiser. Nissan has owned up to a defective radiator/transmission cooler interface & extended the warranty to cover repair on its failure. IF it doesn't fail before then, we will likely trade it in before that point.

We had a '92 Toyota pickup which was made out of 2 totaled wrecks, w/>134k miles (at time of purchase in '97). Toyota had a service campaign on defective V6 head gaskets & replaced those at NO CHARGE in 1999. The catalytic converters, O2 sensors & assoc. exhaust on our 1988 LC were replaced at NO CHARGE in 200? (parts > $1500).
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have had a few nissans. Never had a lick o trouble out of any of em. Have a '13 pathfinder right now that we really like
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @4xoddic:

That price is simply not within our budget. We are at the TOP END at the 22 of the Murano . We didnt even really want to go that high, but this car we feel is worth stretching things a bit.

We are locked in at 1.9% for 72 months with the loan we are hoping to get from work. The payment is about 325 give or take. 500 a month is QUITE a bit more. Also note that the price you listed is without taxes added in. Thats gonna take it to 32k which is over 8500 more than the Murano will be with taxes.

I do appreciate you pointing that out though.

I am dead set against buying new. Let someone else drive it for a bit and deal with the massive depreciation that I benefit from when buying used :smile:.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yea it doesn't hurt to provide a little more information like at least the year model, just saying :-).

Here is where I go no BS.

http://www.truedelta.com/

Anyone own a Nissan Murano? I am looking at one to replace my Jetta.

Thoughts appreciated.

At this point its the ONLY car I am interested in as I found a STELLAR DEAL on one.

So please keep it on point gents.

Thoughts appreciated.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am dead set against buying new.
    Let someone else drive it for a bit and deal with the massive depreciation that I benefit from when buying used .

Yea I always want some else problems. Most people don't get rid of a 2 or 3 year old unless they are having problems with it, would you?
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Yea it doesn't hurt to provide a little more information like at least the year model, just saying :-).

Here is where I go no BS.

http://www.truedelta.com/

If you look a bit further down, you see I like year, mileage, price, and all the options :smile:.....
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Yea I always want some else problems. Most people don't get rid of a 2 or 3 year old unless they are having problems with it, would you?

Or unless it was a fleet car, or a lease... just saying..... there are lots of reasons besides having problems....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am sure you can get a warranty anyways. I don't buy new either, I don't like paying interest and they do depreciate terribly.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you look a bit further down, you see I like year, mileage, price, and all the options :smile:.....

Or unless it was a fleet car, or a lease... just saying..... there are lots of reasons besides having problems....

My experience with selling cars are the only ones you want to buy are those coming back from a lease. those cars tend to come with factory sponsored service plans and are reasonably well cared for because their users do not want the penalties of returning an over-mileage, damaged vehicle.

Anyone that trades in a 3 year old car is typically looking to dump or avoid pending problems. Of the Rogue, problems are around the corner, always.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bose Sound System :sad:

The wife's Envoy has a Bose system in it. I suppose I should hate it cause of the name, but guess what, it sounds pretty good.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In my experiences, people who own higher end cars take care of them, it then becomes a status thing to get a new one every 3 years when the lease is up....or if owned just traded in. Most people who can afford higher end cars lease them through a company they own anyway, then drive them for personal use. Plus given the economic times, many who bought or leased higher end cars and lost jobs had to give them up.

In any event, usually a higher end used vehicle 3 or 4 years old is a steal in comparison. Every manufacturer in every car brand has a lemon or 2 in any given model year. Maybe Moreno simply has some turkeys in a given model year, doesn't make all of them bad in all model years.

Get a carfax report, see what has been done to it and compare against known issues. That way you at least have a glimpse of how well it was taken care of and what to expect down the road.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My fav reading are TSB's for the specific vehicles I own. That be Technical Service Bulletins.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-can-a-technical-service-bulletin-help-me.html?articleid=44745
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited February 2014
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The wife's Envoy has a Bose system in it. I suppose I should hate it cause of the name, but guess what, it sounds pretty good.

My wife's new Mazda CX5 also has a Bose system. I cringed when I saw it on the list of options but it really doesn't sound half bad...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I currently own a 2011 Nissan Murano SV loaded. It's been extremely good to me. It currently has 30k on it.
    I have owned many Nissans and never had any problems with any of them.

1990 Nissan Maxima SE
    2001 Nissan Xterra SE( Wifes Car)
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE
    2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE
    2011 Nissan Murano SV
    2013 Nissan Sentra SR ( Wifes car)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My experience with selling cars are the only ones you want to buy are those coming back from a lease. those cars tend to come with factory sponsored service plans and are reasonably well cared for because their users do not want the penalties of returning an over-mileage, damaged vehicle.

Anyone that trades in a 3 year old car is typically looking to dump or avoid pending problems. Of the Rogue, problems are around the corner, always.

Well its not a Rogue John... its a bigger one a Murano... :smile:
    My fav reading are TSB's for the specific vehicles I own. That be Technical Service Bulletins.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-can-a-technical-service-bulletin-help-me.html?articleid=44745

Thanks will take a look
    mantis wrote: »
    I currently own a 2011 Nissan Murano SV loaded. It's been extremely good to me. It currently has 30k on it.
    I have owned many Nissans and never had any problems with any of them.

1990 Nissan Maxima SE
    2001 Nissan Xterra SE( Wifes Car)
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE
    2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE
    2011 Nissan Murano SV
    2013 Nissan Sentra SR ( Wifes car)

Thats good to know. So far it drove like a dream and has all the toys I wasnt looking for but would be REALLY nice to have :smile:....
  • mantis
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I love my Murano and a came from a Pathfinder which was a beast. The Murano has excellent pick up , very comfortable to drive, gets great gas milage , has all the toys , I love the Dual Sun Roof. Push Button start is cool 2 as you just keep the sensor in your pocket and work the car with no keys, thats really cool.
    We have taken it on multi hour trips and everyone loves to drive in it. It also has very good room for cargo.
    Someone above was talking about buttons paint wearing off, I have not had that issue with any of my Nissan Models.

I've owned mine since new and I'm probably going to trade up at the end of this year. I'll probably get another Murano as I really enjoy it. The New Rouge looks nice and is getting great reviews. I wouldn't mind checking one out fully loaded.
    Dan
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If your set on a Nissan, I'll post my 07 quad cab frontier with 135k miles in the for sale section. One owner to boot!

I think the frontiers and muranos have the same engine. I did one major repair at about 90k miles that involved replaced the guides on the timing chain. $1300.00. The guides were only a hundred bucks but they have to do a fair amount of dismantling to get to it. Other than that.....best vehicle I've owned!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am going to give a Mazda CX-9 a test drive just to see if I like it better. Its a bit cheaper, more cargo space and has 3rd row seating. I dont think its going to top the Nissan though as its missing most of the bells and whistles.
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am going to give a Mazda CX-9 a test drive just to see if I like it better. Its a bit cheaper, more cargo space and has 3rd row seating. I dont think its going to top the Nissan though as its missing most of the bells and whistles.

Did you try Outback (or Tribeca) as someone previously suggested? Mazda is definitely a nice car for the money. I test drove several SUVs a year ago (not Nissan or Mazda though - Audi, Lexus, Acura, Subaru Outback and Tribeca) and ended up with an amazing deal on 1-year-old Tribeca. They are made in Indiana, so the prices are very comparable to American cars.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Haven't but wife and I agree we just don't like the way they look.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2014
    Options

We narrowed our SUV choice a couple of weeks ago down to the CX-9 and the Pathfinder. Liked them both a lot, but to get simple things like a auto-tinting rearview mirror, we had to get an option package with the CX-9 that we didn't want. Ended up with a beautiful black Pathfinder and we really like it more every day. And, the Pathfinder definitely has more seating room in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Also, been pulling 22.9 MPG in and around town and we have less than 650 miles on it so far..
  • mantis
    edited February 2014
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    We narrowed our SUV choice a couple of weeks ago down to the CX-9 and the Pathfinder. Liked them both a lot, but to get simple things like a auto-tinting rearview mirror, we had to get an option package with the CX-9 that we didn't want. Ended up with a beautiful black Pathfinder and we really like it more every day. And, the Pathfinder definitely has more seating room in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Also, been pulling 22.9 MPG in and around town and we have less than 650 miles on it so far..
    I'm not totally in love with the new Pathfinder. I checked it out when the new body style came out but didn't test drive one yet. I liked the last years models more just in the looks department as it still looked like a truck. The new one look a lot like my Murano and the new Rouge seems to follow the same trend. I do however want to check out a new fully loaded Rouge , seems like a really nice make over.

In my 2011 Murano I'm getting 19-20 MPG around town and 23-26 MPG on the highway average. It's really good on gas as I don't speed or drive aggressively , when I decide to drop the hammer once in awhile , I notice a huge difference in milage.
    Dan
  • ken brydson
    edited February 2014
    Options

Check out the CX5. Wife loves hers. Brand new with all the bells and whistles minus leather (she no likey) for around $28K. Gets great mileage for a crossover, averages close to 27MPG.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Check out the CX5. Wife loves hers. Brand new with all the bells and whistles minus leather (she no likey) for around $28K. Gets great mileage for a crossover, averages close to 27MPG.

Bit too small I am afraid. Not enough cargo room iirc, will look at em though.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    And looks like the Nissan going to be it because my engine blew on the way home yay!!!!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited February 2014
    Options
    oh crap man- sorry to hear that. Wow.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• ken brydson
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bit too small I am afraid. Not enough cargo room iirc, will look at em though.

Wifes previous rig was an Explorer. Not a ton of cargo space diff between the 2.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Brought it home tonight..... man its got some fancy buttons on it for sure.... Going to take some getting used to with all this tech and power features!

Time to RTFM on this baby for the next couple days.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You got the Murano then if so besides its good looks and smooth ride what did you think of the stereo that came with it? Congrats on the new ride.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    You got the Murano then if so besides its good looks and smooth ride what did you think of the stereo that came with it? Congrats on the new ride.

It was surprisingly good (flamesuit on) and I think I found a car that I dont "have" to upgrade the sound system in. I actually turned the bass down for once in my life... And didnt even get it to full volume.

Now this is day 1 hour 1 so we will see in a week or so :smile:....

My wife is already saying "Man I wish I could drive it tomorrow to drop Skye off at my parents in the morning".... so I see where this is headed :wink:
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My wife is already saying "Man I wish I could drive it tomorrow to drop Skye off at my parents in the morning".... so I see where this is headed :wink:

Congrats to your wife on her new ride! :lol: :cheesygrin:
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip