Nissan's

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
edited February 2014 in The Clubhouse
Anyone own a Nissan Murano? I am looking at one to replace my Jetta.

Thoughts appreciated.

At this point its the ONLY car I am interested in as I found a STELLAR DEAL on one.

So please keep it on point gents.

Thoughts appreciated.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What year? I say go for it my wife owns a Rouge and her friend has a Murano both excellent vehicles, I think the wife might trade her Rouge in for one next year.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I looked at them for awhile before we bought our Nissan quest. Nice ride, but my biggest complaint is with all Nissans recently. The painted interior controls, scratches right off. Our van looks 20 years old inside.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Every Murano I sold when at Rohrman was a ****. Look to the Outback instead.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VA09m4sqzog" frameborder="0"3
    allowfullscreen></iframe>

I never cared for Subaru until I built them, and never would have bought one. These cars are now the only one I would ever buy new, and that I would really trust to buy used. When Nooshin and I have need for a baby hauler, it will be a Subaru.

As an aside, the family that wrecked THAT Outback, were featured in that commercial. I wish I had a nickel for every family I met that said the same thing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Perhaps you guys got stuck with flukes, my Wife's Rouge with 2 grand kids getting in it everyday and yet to see interior problems, wife's friend has 3 boys and fail to see any interior issues with her Murano. The Cvt trannies seem to be pretty good also.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Isn't the saying guys not guys drive Subaru Outbacks it's all over the Internet joke perhaps?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• nooshinjohn
    edited February 2014
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Perhaps you guys got stuck with flukes, my Wife's Rouge with 2 grand kids getting in it everyday and yet to see interior problems, wife's friend has 3 boys and fail to see any interior issues with her Murano. The Cvt trannies seem to be pretty good also.

Every one that I was involved with(new and used) has issues. Bad engines @ 60k, electrical issues, bad leather, plastic bits etc... I took another 7 0r 8 in on trade for new Outbacks and the owners of the Muranos(which the OP asked about) said they would never buy another one. They were from all model years and a couple were eager to pay off the 18 months or so left on the leases to get out. As with all things cars, YMMV.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ratster
    ratster Posts: 324
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My bosses brother n law owns the local Nissan dealership so we use Nissans as company cars. The Altimas and Rogue have all been trouble free. Of the 6 Muranos 4 have been trouble free,while 2 of them have lived in the shop. I believe they are all 08 models.
    Main
    Parasound P5
    Parasound A21
    CA music streamer
    marantz 6005
    Clear Day dbl.shotgun
    Morrow Xlr
    1.7 Maggies

Bedroom
    adcom Gfp750
    Adcom 555
    Rotel 1072
    CA tuner
    LsiM703
    Clear day dbl shotgun
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That CVT tranny has been giving owners troubles. My friend with a newer Murano has said never again. Nissan in general builds a reliable car, their Altima is pretty much bullet proof in the same fashion as Honda's.

I picked up a used Lexus RX350, nice smaller SUV that drives like a car. Full time 4wd that just cruises in the snow, but also will cruise threw tires too. Love the damn thing. The Acura MDX is also a nice truck, but even more pricey than the Lexus. Thing is, depends on if your buying or leasing, I prefer buying because I keep my cars longer than most and at some point payments end.

No shortage of smaller Suv's though other than the Murano. Keep in mind the maintenance costs on SUV's is going to be higher no matter what you get. Some with lower costs are the Honda CRV or Toyota Rav 4 for smaller SUV's, though I'm not too crazy on their looks.

I would pass on the Murano, their history is sketchy with problems and that's probably why your finding them at good prices.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I probably have over 1 million miles on toyota and lexus cars trucks and suv's over the last 30 years, and have never had any major repairs or breakdowns. Just maintenance... Oil changes tires brakes etc.... I never even had to buy a battery. I did have to put a clutch in a toyota pickup I had after 275K miles but I would still consider that maintenance. Just look at at the value of a used toyota or honda compared to other cars, and that really says it all. If you don't drive a lot of miles, then you might not get the value out of a toyota product. I have researched that Subaru's are also extremely well built and durable... I just don't fall into the demo that likes them.

A Highlander or Venza will give you great service.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Junk.

I think I can still taste the whiskey in my stash, does that count as drunk and posting?
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My wife has an 07 Murano that we bought in 2010. Haven't had any issues with it. It came with 120K or 7 year engine and transmission warranty free. The only reason she would get rid of it is to get the new Pathfinder.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    A Highlander or Venza will give you great service.

Sorry man, they are just too pricey for us. We would love a Highlander, but its just not feasable.
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Junk.

I think I can still taste the whiskey in my stash, does that count as drunk and posting?

Nice Try Cody...... I talked to sober Cody and he said go for it...
    What year? I say go for it my wife owns a Rouge and her friend has a Murano both excellent vehicles, I think the wife might trade her Rouge in for one next year.

Its a 2001 SE w/ 29k on it. Sticker is under 22k
    del44 wrote: »
    My wife has an 07 Murano that we bought in 2010. Haven't had any issues with it. It came with 120K or 7 year engine and transmission warranty free. The only reason she would get rid of it is to get the new Pathfinder.

Yeah, those are too pricey as well.

@John: I just dont think the Subaru's are my thing. I didnt see any where we looked last night
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nice Try Cody...... I talked to sober Cody and he said go for it...

Lol! I just don't know what to do with myself! :redface:

Just take those sissy pants off and get this - http://auto.indiamart.com/autoblog/ford-f650-a-giant-truck.html
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Dan, you sure it is a 2001 Murano? They were only built 2002 on as a model year 2003...
    And suggested KBB retail on a perfect 2003 Murano SE is $6605.

Now if you typoed and meant a 2011 SE, that makes almost as little sense since the Murano was available as the following 4D options: S, SL, SV, and LE.
    If it is an LE with ~29k, that is a pretty solidly decent retail or private party sale price.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Dan, you sure it is a 2001 Murano? They were only built 2002 on as a model year 2003...
    And suggested KBB retail on a perfect 2003 Murano SE is $6605.

Now if you typoed and meant a 2011 SE, that makes almost as little sense since the Murano was available as the following 4D options: S, SL, SV, and LE.
    If it is an LE with ~29k, that is a pretty solidly decent retail or private party sale price.

Yes thats what I meant 2011 Murano SL w 35k. Its got a full leather interior, dual powered sunroof, power seats, heated seats, navigation w/ backup camera, 6 disc cd changer, optional AWD as IIRC they are normally 2 wheel drive.

I cant link you to it directly because it was "on hold" for a customer that wasnt returning their calls so its not technically listed anywhere online. If he hasnt returned their calls by tonight they are going to put a hold on it for me as TBH nothing else we drove was as nice.

We tried the Ford Edge, Kia Sorento, Jeep Patriot. The Ford didnt drive nearly as smooth. The Sorento they had had 3rd row seating as then the second row was WAAYY to cramped. We passed on the CR-V sized models as those are just a bit too small.

I wanted something with room for 2 car seats (planning in advance, so no news to report there), a rear cargo area we could put 2 dogs for a trip, and I also wanted something that could haul SDA's and bigger speakers as well :redface:
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That seems like a good deal. Although I personally would prefer the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, they are fantastic.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All you see around here are Rouges Altimas Muranos a d a lot of Kia's . The wife has the Rouge I have the Sportage. With all those Nissan and Kia's they must be reliable.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That seems like a good deal. Although I personally would prefer the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, they are fantastic.

My wife knows some people with those and they are not super car seat friendly.... and they are outside our price range as well.

Ok... so I am a Friggin idiot....

Last time. Its a 2010 Nissan Murano SL for 21,990 w ~36k on it. It is a 4WD Gray w/ black Leather interior car. It has the push button start stuff which would be nice as well.

Its got the following options:

Aux input
    Cruise
    Power: Locks, Windows, Doors
    Rear View Camera
    AM/FM stereo
    Bose Sound System :sad:
    Front Seat Heaters
    Overhead Airbags
    Premium Package
    Traction Control
    Sirus/XM/Sat Radio Ready
    AC
    Automatic Transmission
    CD player
    Full Roof Rack
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Rear Defroster
    Side & Overhead Airbags.

Last note: Its on hold for this guy!.

I am probably going to try to test drive it again today (when its light out and I can take a look at the body better than I could in the dark).

The only thing I would want to possibly add later on would be remote start... because it gets friggin cold out here in Indiana...
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Go drive it after that I bet you get it, the wife's SL edition Rouge has the Bose in it and it sounds pretty darn good. I think you will like that Murano.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Go drive it after that I bet you get it, the wife's SL edition Rouge has the Bose in it and it sounds pretty darn good. I think you will like that Murano.

Already drove it last night, both myself and my wife lol..... Drove the Murano, Edge (not as smooth) and sat in the Sorento they had (3rd row seats = no leg room in 2nd row). Also sat in a Jeep Patriot but it just felt cramped for legroom specifically where my right leg was.

The Murano had the best ride and handled similar to a car IMHO. That was a very nice thing.

Its going to be an adjustment going to automatic as it is since I have been driving a manual since I was 18.
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    When we test drove SUV's we drove them all the Rouge and the Murano were the most comfortable over all the others. If you take Steely Dans Aja with you test out that Bose system you will be surprised. That same system are found in Audi and Mercedes some folks don't have a clue those factory Bose systems are nice.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This, can be changed rather quickly :)

I know my car audio so it might be... however my days of big amps and subs in my car are probably over for now.
    When we test drove SUV's we drove them all the Rouge and the Murano were the most comfortable over all the others. If you take Steely Dans Aja with you test out that Bose system you will be surprised. That same system are found in Audi and Mercedes some folks don't have a clue those factory Bose systems are nice.

Will do. Didnt test out the sound system as I didnt want that to influence my decision in the slightest
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah, we have the bose stereo in our quest, it does sound pretty good for a car stereo.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @John: I just dont think the Subaru's are my thing. I didnt see any where we looked last night

At least don't write it off until after you drive one, preferably in the mud, snow and ice.:smile:

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If you don't get that Murano my wife will be parting with this 2011 Rouge at the end of the year only 16,500 miles on her she wants the 2014 Murano or Rouge, she did test drive the new Rouge last week and that's all she talks about. Something tells me you will be talking about your Murano tonight
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There's a website that will let you know which carseats will work with the Murano. We found out the hardway and had to return one because of fit. Also, if you don't already know, the Murano has some serious balls. Plenty of power.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    At least don't write it off until after you drive one, preferably in the mud, snow and ice.:smile:

Hate to say it John, but they have been written off... I just dont like the way they look at all lol.....
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hate to say it John, but they have been written off... I just dont like the way they look at all lol.....

I built those you know...

I love the like personally, and having driven them though heavy, drifting snow, fell in love with the AWD. How about a Forester?

• jeremymarcinko
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It seems as though you have already decided on the Murano. Hope the deal goes through for ya.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I built those you know...

I love the like personally, and having driven them though heavy, drifting snow, fell in love with the AWD. How about a Forester?

Well the Murano I looked at is AWD John :smile:........

And again, their look just isn't for me.

I am probably going to test drive the Murano again today with the baby and car seat.