The Walking Dead: Season 4

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My wife has been watching this show for a long time and it was only recently that I sat down to watch a couple of episodes. Definitely different.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wondered where the govna' was.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • drummer86
    drummer86 Posts: 441
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That was certainly the most intense episode in a while... heart rate was a bit elevated when stuff was hitting the fan. It took about a year for a friend to convince me to watch this show. Next this I knew the wife and I tore through the first season on a Sunday.
    Display: LG 47" LCD | AVR: Marantz SR5005 | BD: Panasonic BDT-210 | CD/SACD: Oppo 980 |
    Amps: Rotel RB-990bx | Marantz MA-500 | Speakers: Totem Mite : Totem Mite-C : RC60i | Sub: HSU VTF-2 MKIV

HK AVR635 | Polk R30 | Sony DVD/SACD Player
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Great episode! Love when it all hits the fan! Dude standing there in the woods at the end...I was wondering when he would make his entrance again. Wondering how Darrell is going to take it when Rick tells him he gave Carol the boot.

This show is just top notch!
    No excuses!
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I miss Merle!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • coolfleece
    coolfleece Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I love Walking Dead and so far we are hooked than ever. Just don't let Daryl Dixon die!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looks like stuff is gonna hit the fan this next episode. I'm not sure how you defend against a tank....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    edited November 2013
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Looks like stuff is gonna hit the fan this next episode. I'm not sure how you defend against a tank....
    Well, they are slow and prone to being dead when tracks are blown off. Just sayin..... Love the show cannot wait till Sunday to see the midseason finale!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Maybe it's me, but the last two episodes have been a bore-fest. This story arc with the governor is off the tracks. He was a psychopath last season, and nothing has changed, except he's rebuilding his group of followers. Been there, done that. I guess the writer are running out of material.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Welp ...my favorite character lost his head.
    These mid season finales suck! Now we have to wait till February to finish this.

And where do these dumbies find fuel and ammunition for the tank!?
  • Strong Bad
    edited December 2013
    Options
    One of the best episodes ever! I was yelling at my TV..."DO IT MICHONNE...DO IT!!! Take that scumbag's head off!!!"

Tanks run on diesel I believe, so they could have scrounged up fuel from other diesels. As far as ammo, the military guy took it from the base, so it probably had plenty of ammo when he took it, but never fired any of it.

Now the long wait till early February.
    No excuses!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Maybe it's me, but the last two episodes have been a bore-fest. This story arc with the governor is off the tracks. He was a psychopath last season, and nothing has changed, except he's rebuilding his group of followers. Been there, done that. I guess the writer are running out of material.

i enjoy this stuff. It doesn't bother me a bit when they get into the back story of the characters.

Great episode! But like the others - hate this midseason finale crap :(
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • jflail2
    edited December 2013
    Options
    MAN what an episode. I think the most powerful thing for me was the little girl cold smoking a couple of the invaders. And I love how they led everyone on for a second there with that walker coming right up behind Darryl. Every Walking Dead fan in America was lighting a torch, ready to drive to Atlanta and burn the set down :)

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited December 2013
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    MAN what an episode. I think the most powerful thing for me was the little girl cold smoking a couple of the invaders. And I love how they led everyone on for a second there with that walker coming right up behind Darryl. Every Walking Dead fan in America was lighting a torch, ready to drive to Atlanta and burn the set down :)
    Burn it down like Sherman 's march to the sea. I was about to throw a pillow at the tv screen when that walker was right behind Daryl. Good ole' Michonne skewers The Gov. and Lily finishes the POS off.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Excellent show but dang no more until Feb. So far so good, I think they're coming back with some extremely good.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Much better this week than the last three snoozefests. But now everyone has to wait till Feb.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Anyone watch the new episode last week? Pretty good set-up for what's yo come. Seems like there may be separate story lines for the foreseeable future. Nice to have something good back on TV to watch.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • mrbiron
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Carl was acting like a little b*tch last episode. He keeps that up and i'll be praying for his head to be devoured next.

Yes, there is definitely going to be a lot of side stories since everyone scrambled out of the prison.

I still miss Hershel! :(
  • Polkie2009
    edited February 2014
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Carl was acting like a little b*tch last episode. He keeps that up and i'll be praying for his head to be devoured next.

Yes, there is definitely going to be a lot of side stories since everyone scrambled out of the prison.

I still miss Hershel! :(
    That little idiot nearly got himself killed, plus he lost his boot, hopefully Michonne can help him get it back,lol. So many of us are still deeply saddened that Hershel was killed off. Can't wait for the new characters Abraham, Rosita and Eugene to get introduced to help out.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Agree with what's been said. I would smacked that kid up side the head for his antics. I miss Hershel too. He's an elderly actor though, and they film in Atlanta during the summer. He probably got tired of the heat.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2014
    Options
    LOL, gotta agree about Carl the ****! Then again, one of the main themes with the show is how the characters change over time based on the circumstances. Look back on Carl. Sweet innocent kid relying on mom and dad just to survive. Now, he's out wacking zombies with his Beretta and losing his mind. Look at what happened to Carol. Season 1, she was the abused housewife just trying to take care of her daughter. Now, she was secretly offing sick people.

Some people thought last weeks episode was slow. I'm really enjoying the human element of this and watching how society as a whole has gone down the crapper.

Still, Carl needs a serious boot in the rear end! I think Michonne will put him in line.
    No excuses!
  • shawn474
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Shaping up to be a pretty interesting season to say the least. Interesting plot lines developing with each group. Anxious to see how the writers play this; seperate group storylines each week or checking in with each group in each episode.
    Shawn
  • migueralliart
    migueralliart Posts: 10
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think eventually all of em will meet up. And it is good to know that "someone" at least knows wth caused the whole zombie virus thing.
  • Polkie2009
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think eventually all of em will meet up. And it is good to know that "someone" at least knows wth caused the whole zombie virus thing.
    That's just it, Eugene is full of ****, he doesn't know what caused it, basically, he's just using Sgt. Abraham Ford for protection. I don't know what's worse, the fool or the fool chasing after the fool.
  • jflail2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    That's just it, Eugene is full of ****, he doesn't know what caused it, basically, he's just using Sgt. Abraham Ford for protection. I don't know what's worse, the fool or the fool chasing after the fool.

Someone else has read the comics eh? I'm trying to not provide any comic-related commentary here. While the story line isn't following it word for word or anything, I'd hate to give away some larger themes to those that haven't read them.

I'm hoping stuff really hits the fan this next episode. The first 2 of this season were rather slow, and could have probably been combined into 1 episode....

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah... As someone who has read the comics, it might be good if one of the Mods could edit Polkie's post for spoilers up there.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What was stated above is kind of obvious as he didn't seem to determined to keep heading in that direction...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polkie2009
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm sorry guys, I need to control what I post here about the series. Please mods, if you can , edit out my previous post.
  • JerryR1verz
    JerryR1verz Posts: 76
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It was great to see Maggie (Cohen) in Maxim and appeared on Kimmel. British... whoDaGuessed??
    Polk Monitor 10
    Polk Monitor 7
  • shawn474
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What a shocker last night; almost had to convince the wife to keep watching the show after that episode. She was affected by it so much that she would rather not watch anymore......but then came to her senses!
    Shawn