New Xbox Anyone?

Comments

• bored184
    bored184 Posts: 324
    edited May 2013
    I missed most of the live coverage while at work, did I miss much? From what little I looked up it sounds like they did not release the specs just the wow factors.
    Speakers: TL Monitor 10s, RTA 11TLs, Fortes, Thiel CS 1.2
    Amplifiers: ]Ashly FTX 2001 III, Dynaco ST-70, DIY F6
    Pre: Adcom GFP 750, Aikido Tube Pre
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited May 2013
    bored184 wrote: »
    I missed most of the live coverage while at work, did I miss much? From what little I looked up it sounds like they did not release the specs just the wow factors.
    This link was posted earlier in this thread: http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-xbox-360-ps4-comparison/

Summary: 8 core cpu, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd (lame), bluray, usb 3.0, hdmi in/out
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what I was thinking, we are now forced to buy a kinect. The good thing about that is we may be able to interact with a fps, imagine taking your hand of the controller to throw a secondary grenade that is not selected in the main inventory

Game interaction would be really cool, but they would have to successfully implement it. Nevertheless, I do like the way MS is going with the One.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • bored184
    bored184 Posts: 324
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what I was thinking, we are now forced to buy a kinect. The good thing about that is we may be able to interact with a fps, imagine taking your hand of the controller to throw a secondary grenade that is not selected in the main inventory

I dont mind the Kinect or being forced to buy it with the Xbox. Some of the features are pretty cool! I have a problem in which they force me to use it in games I dont want it in. The Wii did this with the Zelda, there was no controller option. I may be a little old fashion but there are some games I just want a good ol' controller.
    TurboGTU wrote: »
    This link was posted earlier in this thread: http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-xbox-360-ps4-comparison/

Summary: 8 core cpu, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd (lame), bluray, usb 3.0, hdmi in/out

Thanks, some how I missed that! That is wanted I wanted to know.

Any truth to it not being backwards compatible?
    Speakers: TL Monitor 10s, RTA 11TLs, Fortes, Thiel CS 1.2
    Amplifiers: ]Ashly FTX 2001 III, Dynaco ST-70, DIY F6
    Pre: Adcom GFP 750, Aikido Tube Pre
  • Sherardp
    edited May 2013
    bored184 wrote: »
    I dont mind the Kinect or being forced to buy it with the Xbox. Some of the features are pretty cool! I have a problem in which they force me to use it in games I dont want it in. The Wii did this with the Zelda, there was no controller option.
    Thanks, some how I missed that! That is wanted I wanted to know.

Any truth to it not being backwards compatible?

Ps4 and XBO will not have backward compatibility as of now. It could change later on but I doubt it.

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2013
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Ps4 and XBO will not have backward compatibility as of now. It could change later on but I doubt it.

Thats good news for those of us with a library of un-played titles. I have loads that I just cannot find the time to get into
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2013
    TurboGTU wrote: »
    usb 3.0, hdmi in/out

Whats the benefit of usb 3.0in a console and whats the point of the hdmi in?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited May 2013
    Just finished the reveal and have to say, i'm actually impressed. Now as long as Kinect isn't forced fed to us, i'll be all set!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2013

For future brain implants to allow direct connection to the Xbox.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited May 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    For future brain implants to allow direct connection to the Xbox.
    LOL, good one BF! I'm guessing the price is going to be $399.00 . Would be nice if it's backward compatible. So many XBOX users have certain games they love to play every so often. Looking forward to E3 for more demos of the units.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2013
    I'll stick with my gaming PC
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited May 2013

hdmi in is to link up to your cable box so it can overlay on top of it. usb 3, not totally sure, but maybe for expandable storage since it only has a 500gb hdd. Hopefully they'll get away from the proprietary bs with their hard drives.
  • Polkie2009
    edited May 2013
    They are coming with the 500gb hdd so you can buy the bigger, upgraded one later for who knows, maybe another $100.00, lol.
  • Sherardp
    edited May 2013
    USB 3 would offer fast transfers when using external storage or Kinect should they decide to use USB for the connection interface. I like the idea of a wireless Kinect, but I'm not sure if they covered that or not.

HDMI in is for the input when using cable input into the box. Sony definitely has some work to do as this could really be an one in all solution if it works as they say it will. If they offer Netflix, Amazon Video, and Hulu Plus apps I'd be all set since there's not much to offer cable wise in Japan.

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait to get my hands on one.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2013
    The internal hard drive is not modular, so there won't be an upgrade option. It's a custom designed hard drive both so that it fits in with their cooling scheme and because of the custom buffering they're doing for real-time recording of game data (the game DVR feature they showed) and other system features. However, they have already confirmed that if you plug up an external hard drive to the USB 3.0 ports, the system can fully use it like the internal drive.

The bigger question here is the used games issue. I love everything they showed and definitely want one... but if they are placing DRM on used games and Sony isn't, Sony wins this generation. You can't dismiss what the used game market brings to the table, and if Microsoft does that, it's going to be ugly. I'm hoping that Major Nelson addresses this today in his Yahoo chat.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2013
    Exactly the used game market is Huge..
    If they do not allow it it's going to be a huge issue for some customers and may drive those pissed customers to try PS4..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2013
    Hasn't Microsoft already said they're not going to jack around with used games and that people will still be able to buy and sell them?
  • Sherardp
    edited May 2013

Very interesting read. I think Sony will follow this, and I think both are going to tack on some kind of fee. I think they should leave alone, but just associate each game with an ID number. Once the person sells the title unregister it from the Xbox One. If its that serious they could do something similar to what Apple does with ITunes and IPods.

• custopper30
    custopper30 Posts: 252
    edited May 2013
    I have heard the pricing will be around 500-600 from various sources.. gonna break the bank
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550
  • nme medic
    nme medic Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Well this sucks. Regarding the live TV feature "The service will not be supported out of the box; Xbox One Live TV will require a separate supported receiver device with HDMI output to work."

According to IGN.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-only-available-in-the-us-at-launch
    F:L/R LSi 15
    Cen: LSiC
    Sur: LSi FX
    SurBack: LSi 9's
    Sub: Modded PSW1000
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Emotiva UPA-200 W/Black Trim
    Emotiva XPA-3 W/Black Trim
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
    Plasma TV Wall Unit SKU: SH-CAESAR-WU
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited May 2013
    Nothing against Xbox. I have never played it or needed to because of Playstation loyalty and reliability. same reason I only drive Toyotas- Reliability. I think PS4 video is coming out on June tenth to show console. I am going to b pissed if PS4 does not play used discs. Peace
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2013
    I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised by the used games thing. Publishers have been pushing things like one-time-use online passes for a while now in an effort to get some money from the used market. Who this really hurts most is Gamestop, since they will have to lower their used game prices to make the consumer WANT a used game now that they will have to pay to activate it. And from what developers have said, PS4 is likely going to have something like this in place as well. It's a necessity of the new consoles no longer playing the game directly from the disc or requiring the disc to be in the drive when you play.

Think about it this way... Right now, when a new game comes out, GameStop typically sells the used copy for a mere $5 lower than the new price but only gives people who sell them back the game about $30 in credit (less after the first few weeks of a game's release). That means they're making $25. So let's say that the developers now want $10 to activate a used copy of a game (which would be akin to what they're charging for online passes now). That means GameStop can no longer sell that used copy at $55, because it makes it more expensive than a new copy. So they will have to drop their used price down to $45 so that it is still an attractive buy for those trying to save money. The end result will be that GameStop will still make $15, but the developers will make $10 off that used copy as well. So IF (and it's a big IF) the activation of used games is kept to a reasonable price, it could work, with both sides being satisfied.

I'm not happy that used games are being handled this way, but it has been a long time coming... and with the future being in boxes that are more PC-like (like the rumored Steam box), PC-like digital rights management is a necessary evil. It sucks that I won't be able to just loan a friend my game disc anymore... but being able to just pull up a list of installed games in my living room without popping in a disc will be pretty cool. And if they come up with a REASONABLE way to trade games with this new digital paradigm, I see this being a gateway to the end of physical media (which you had to know was coming).
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Polkie2009
    edited May 2013
    The new units will probably not play any burned copies of games either. The industry is at the point now that burned copies of dvds,blu rays, etc won't play at all on the newer blu ray players. Gamestop has had a good run with the video games business, hope they can make it through this stage of the game. Yea, I was thinking a price tag of $499.00 on the systems and hoping for $399.00. The big guys(PlayStation and XBOX) make most of their money on the sale of games anyway.
  • ThirdWorldGuy
    ThirdWorldGuy Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Nothing against Xbox. I have never played it or needed to because of Playstation loyalty and reliability. same reason I only drive Toyotas- Reliability. I think PS4 video is coming out on June tenth to show console. I am going to b pissed if PS4 does not play used discs. Peace

Same here,
    Massive Playstation and PC gamer here. I reaaaaalllyyy wanted an Xbox 360, but the reliability problems prevented me from buying one plus a couple other factors(paying money to play online and the fact that the controllers don't have a built-in rechargeable battery). Other than that I really loved Halo 1 and 2 on PC and really wanted to play more of it, I'm also a huge motor sports fan so I wanted to play Forza and Project Gotham Racing aswell.

Hope the Xbox One won't have any hardware issues. Really digging the new Kinect, HDMI in feature, the controller and the box :D.
    Playstation 4 looks nice aswell though. Will observe first for any issues and if the coast is clear I will take the jump for both consoles xD
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2013
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/24/4362680/xbox-one-games-will-require-regular-authentication-checks-used-games

Crecente is normally pretty good about not posting stuff without some confirmation, and I'm pretty fine with it if this is true. This makes way more sense to me than some of the supposition going on.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • nme medic
    edited May 2013
    I really like how this looks.
    image.jpg
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
  • nme medic
    edited May 2013
    I know Sony did it with the PS3 but I am glad MS went with a slot load this time. I can't stand disk trays
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited May 2013
    Too funny!! ^^^

I don't see it lasting very long, not with all the F-bombs... LOL

What's an Xbox?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/