New Xbox Anyone?

Options
Sherardp
Sherardp Posts: 8,038
edited December 2013 in Video Games
I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft will be releasing here soon. May 21st marks the announcement. Anyone looking forward to it? I hoping they don't screw up the controllers too bad and go all out on the hardware. Also hoping they go with a BD drive on this one.
Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
Post edited by Sherardp on

Comments

• TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm quite curious what they have, BD is really a must for them at this point. The size that games are getting to, even with a fast connection will take quite a bit of time to download, and DVD just can't do it. It would also be nice to axe my BD player and have one less thing on the rack.

Also, hopefully they give a bit more info than we got on PS4, which was nearly nill.
  • custopper30
    custopper30 Posts: 252
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I am super excited.. the reveal is coming up here soon. Hopefully it wont cost too much!
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yup, interested whats coming down the pike. No reason to upgrade for me just yet, my old trustly gen 1 360 works just fine :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm definitely interested. I'll be watching whatever live stream i can find tomorrow.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've already warned my co-workers that I'm taking lunch at my desk so I can watch the livestream on Xbox.com. They're really going to have to impress us after what Sony showed of the PS4 (though I'm hoping that unlike Sony, Microsoft actually shows us THE CONSOLE).
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I wasn't all that impressed with the PS4 release show. I was hoping to be floored by totally amazing graphics and games,super fast loading, bigger upgraded controllers, 9.1 audio, instead it sounded like Sony was more interested in streaming games etc... so you can take your game anywhere and everywhere. That's all we need is for kids to be trying to play their games while they're driving down the road or walking down the street etc. I'm hoping XBOX wows us with bad **** graphics and gameplay, audio that puts to shame the PS4, and a Blu Ray drive that kicks ****.
  • custopper30
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Blue ray would be surprising, but highly unlikely because sony owns the rights to that I believe
    Speakers:
    KLH Sub GFX-550
  • nme medic
    nme medic Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They could do what Nintendo did with the Wii U games: proprietary disc format: they hold as much as a Blu-Ray. I just hope they don't rush the production so we don't get the RROD. I'm sure they don't want to make that mistake again.
    F:L/R LSi 15
    Cen: LSiC
    Sur: LSi FX
    SurBack: LSi 9's
    Sub: Modded PSW1000
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Emotiva UPA-200 W/Black Trim
    Emotiva XPA-3 W/Black Trim
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
    Plasma TV Wall Unit SKU: SH-CAESAR-WU
  • Sherardp
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yup, interested whats coming down the pike. No reason to upgrade for me just yet, my old trustly gen 1 360 works just fine :biggrin:

Yup same here, still using a gen 1 console. This one did RROD on me once, sent it to Xbox Japan for repair and it has performed well since. Guess we shall see what they do with the new console. I'll be up watching this one also.

• TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Blue ray would be surprising, but highly unlikely because sony owns the rights to that I believe

Honestly, if they are going the "center of home entertainment" route they have been touting, bluray is a must. I'd say the chances of having it are better then of them not. We should find out today though!!! :)
  • Zeros
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Did you all see the speculation that it has HDMI IN to control your cable box and possibly work as a DVR. Interesting.
  • TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have heard about that, but I kind of don't know if I'd like it (especially since I don't have a cable box). It'll be interesting to see the implementation and how they pull it off, for people that use OTA programming, we're kind of hosed though. Seems to me it would have been better to have a built in tuner....
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'll be interested to see what they announce, and I think it's supposed to be this morning. I should know better living here in the home of Microsoft...
  • TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Starts at 10 am Pacific Time.
  • Zeros
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm sure the XBOX unit will have a Blu Ray drive in it. Sony won that war and the rest is history. We all have Blu Rays now,lol.
  • TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    I'm sure the XBOX unit will have a Blu Ray drive in it. Sony won that war and the rest is history. We all have Blu Rays now,lol.

It does!!

I have to say, I'm impressed by the interface. I'm really excited now!!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2013
    Options
    New xbox 1 is looking pretty good,just got done watching
  • Zeros
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm disappointed, but not shocked, that no pricing was presented. From the speculation that I have read, it could be up in the $400-500 range.
  • nme medic
    nme medic Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Xbox One. Blu-Ray 8GB ram 500GB HD. It will have an HDMI in and Out. What I'm excited about is the HDMI in. You connect your cable box to it and you don't have to switch source on the receiver. Just say Xbox TV and live TV comes up.
    F:L/R LSi 15
    Cen: LSiC
    Sur: LSi FX
    SurBack: LSi 9's
    Sub: Modded PSW1000
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Emotiva UPA-200 W/Black Trim
    Emotiva XPA-3 W/Black Trim
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
    Plasma TV Wall Unit SKU: SH-CAESAR-WU
  • custopper30
    edited May 2013
    Options
    it looks amazing. definitely going to get this...
    Speakers:
    KLH Sub GFX-550
  • TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    nme medic wrote: »
    Xbox One. Blu-Ray 8GB ram 500GB HD. It will have an HDMI in and Out. What I'm excited about is the HDMI in. You connect your cable box to it and you don't have to switch source on the receiver. Just say Xbox TV and live TV comes up.

I'm curious for them to release more info on this. I guess those of us with OTA I hosed, but with HDMI in how does it link back to the cable box to control it? What about compatibility of different companies cable boxes? There are a lot of questions yet to be answered on this front.

Regardless, I'll probably be getting one since Forza 5 is a launch title. I'll played every game in the series and I probably won't stop now.
  • TurboGTU
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I guess this kind of leaves me feeling a little better for the moment:
    Xbox Wire wrote:
    Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
    A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that’s television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

They do mention OTA, so maybe they are going to have a built in tuner as well. Here's hoping, would be nice to use this feature a bit, even with my limited channels.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2013
    Options
    As long isn't jet engine loud like the first 360s then I will gladly pay top dollar for one.
  • Zeros
    edited May 2013
    Options
    joe857 wrote: »
    I also hoping they go with a BD drive on this one.

It is confirmed to be bluray. Here is a link comparing the Xbox One, PS4 and Xbox 360:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-xbox-360-ps4-comparison/
  • polkfarmboy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    As long isn't jet engine loud like the first 360s then I will gladly pay top dollar for one.

They said its going to be near silent
  • Sherardp
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just woke up and did some digging around on the new toy. Specs and features look freaking good. I like what they did with the controller, minimal changes but it looks awesome. Here's to hoping for a decent launch price, and not some crazy insane bundle price like they did with the 360.

Bluray has been added, so it looks like MS heard some of what the customer wanted. I really like the interface which seems pretty cool. I will be purchasing for sure.

Any other thoughts?

• Zeros
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Just woke up and did some digging around on the new toy. Specs and features look freaking good. I like what they did with the controller, minimal changes but it looks awesome. Here's to hoping for a decent launch price, and not some crazy insane bundle price like they did with the 360.

Bluray has been added, so it looks like MS heard some of what the customer wanted. I really like the interface which seems pretty cool. I will be purchasing for sure.

Any other thoughts?

Since every one comes with a Kinect now, i bet the price is going to be up there.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    Since every one comes with a Kinect now, i bet the price is going to be up there.

This is exactly what I was thinking, we are now forced to buy a kinect. The good thing about that is we may be able to interact with a fps, imagine taking your hand of the controller to throw a secondary grenade that is not selected in the main inventory
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm sure price will be pretty much commensurate with what the 360 and PS3 launched at. Either way, I liked what I saw of this way more than what Sony showed, so it looks like I'm sticking with Xbox next generation. Totally digging where they're going with it.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen