Anyone know Sid's stance on the 150 vs. 70?

Options
brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Two options........get your vote on guys........
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2003
    Options
    brett, brett, brett, brett, brett!

and here I thought I was the biggest beeyotch in the forums here. :eek::p

Al the pal
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Oh come on now, don't you guys know that Sid knows WAY more than any of us and as such should be able to post any sort of inane rambling without it being questioned by us clearly inferior types.

I, too, leave you in the capable hands of the all knowing Sid.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2003
    Options
    well its like this, you guys are right, however we have 2 choices here, kick him off or put up with it!! I don't think polk will kick him off, so i guess it will never change,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    edited October 2003
    Options
    90% can't be wrong....hopefully the message will be heard.......
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,085
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Now why in the world would I give you a sense of victory? :confused:;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Immaturity
  • VR3
    edited October 2003
    Options
    cant u take a joke? :rolleyes:
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Can't you shut the F up?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Sure, I can take a joke.

What has got me at the end of my string with the forum is virtually endless babble which when followed with comments and/or questions intended to inject a bit of sense and sanity leads to a ton of whining and other cry baby crap.

Yeah, I could do without that.
  • VR3
    edited October 2003
    Options
    edited

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I "THINK" the problem is, and don't take this personal, I like ya.. You are only 14(and yes this makes a difference) and you respond with a theory in just about every thread/question... With age comes experiance... you know alot, "for your age" granted.. but you don't possibly know everything all the time... I don't answer every thread, Cause i simply have alot to learn,....
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Edited
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2003
    Options
    damn i missed it, its already edited
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I was being nice, i hope the "EDIT" wasnt towards me.... :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Airplay355
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i wouldnt know, i missed it :mad:
  • danger boy
    edited October 2003
    Options
    hall of shame!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,836
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Back off!!!

If you don't want to read something that someone posts on here then put them on your ignore list...really very simple.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Look, I know the lad is 14 and maybe I'm being a tad harsh but jeeze louise........I mean, we have other youngsters here, organ, I think someone said he is like 16, wodom1 was a teenager I believe. We used to have jeffb3 or some such who was a 15 or 16 yr old kid.....

I'm just saying, the whole routine is getting old and I for one have cut way down on my posting and visiting the forum because I personally don't care for it. Now, Sid can post whatever he wants, first amendment and all that, I'm just saying it's coming to be an environment that I care less and less to participate in.

Troy
  • F1nut
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I agree with you Troy, but for a different reason. Most of what I see getting posted is about HT this and HT that........YAWN!

I'd like to see more about ****, F1 and 2 channel.:D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited October 2003
    Options

President of Club Polk

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Jesse, your wish is my command! ;)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I agree with both Troy and F1. Nothing here for me anymore, just the same friggin ****, day after day after day.

150's this, 70's that, and people saying the SAME **** over and over - most of which haven't been around the block enough audio-wise to make the apparent 'finite' statements that they do.

Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Agreed Russ, but as with anything familiar.....it gets old. Maybe it's time to take back the forum.

BTW, I like the pic! :D

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The forum has just become a different beast over time.........I'm not saying that it's good/bad/better/worse. All I'm saying is that there are fewer threads that I find engaging. I'm not leaving nor am I looking for people to beg me to stay or go or whatever. I just choose to participate less.

BDT
  • danger boy
    edited October 2003
    Options
    a month and a half ago. i got beat up for being hard on Sid and saying some things people didn't like.. similar to what you all are saying. and for some reason.. it's okay now to talk about Sid the kid using harsh words. what gives?

that's what drove me away for about a month. but i see things haven't really changed much. it's cool. though. i found a new forum.. which i've been spending more time in now a days.

I'll still be here. but yeah you guys are right. same sheite, different sheite day.

As for Sid, yes he's welcome to post as much as he wants.. just like the rest of us.. but it does get old.. repeating over and over again. nothing new to report.

Same as it ever was. same as it ever was. Talking Heads
  • Airplay355
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i cant believe u are fighting over sid, dont u have something better to do? most of us here are here because we have nice systems, go blast music or watch a movie, damn.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2003
    Options
    We have all over posted at one time or another. I remember a period when all I saw was Troy D, Russman and Mantis. Over and over and over and over again... Let me tell you, it gets old. Did anyone hear any complaints? When Scott was in the picture I went overboard. No one went out of their way to point it out. Let it ride. It will change over time. There are very few times I remember an outright attack like this one. (against a 14 year old?... Set an example we can live with)
    madmax :)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • brettw22
    edited October 2003
    Options
    This isn't an attack max.....it's just to point out to the lil one that him saying the exact same thing, about the exact same comparative speakers, in at LEAST 20+ threads is unnecessary, and for me personally, unwanted. Who knows........maybe he's totally unaware that he's redundant redundant as hell.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm sure he probably did that but it's funny, I seriously didn't notice it and can not remember him saying anything about 70's or 150's. Maybe it's because I don't look for it? Maybe I subconciously ignore it? I don't know, maybe I didn't happen to read those posts. Same thing with the other type of posts I mentioned. I remember several members (of which I have a history with,like and respect) but I can't really say what all happened other than it went on forever. So what? Unless someone had something against one of them I doubt it would be too hard to ignore.

Let me put it this way, any time you get a group of friends together in any setting for a long period of time certain ones are going to be annoying at one time or another. If you let it bother you too much then you have to make the choice of staying with the group, expelling one of them or move on. It is my feeling that socially it is reasonable to get the best out of each one, ignore the stuff that bugs you (because it changes over time) and be, well, nice about the whole affair. You will benifit in the end. Learning tolerence will help you become a happier person.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    great post mad,

Funny thing is, we hear, we want more content.. we want something different besides 70/150 debates... Over the weekend i posted a few threads on some old stuff i found, and besides Russman who is usually good for some info, and chimed in.. and a few others like Doro.. No responses..

Now and don't take offense to this and i know it wasnt vintage polk gear, But if it were some other members into the old gear posting "Hey look what i found" that thread would still be going strong today, So their is new content its just you don't choose to atleast give a "hey thats cool" even if your not that amazed or what have you, That's my take on it.. we choose to watch and read threads that get on our nerves...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp