Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,578
    edited June 2012
    halo71 wrote: »
    Nice gear! So just how much are these SDA's costing you? :eek:

A Gazillion dollars

Attachment not found.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited June 2012
    halo71 wrote: »
    Nice gear! So just how much are these SDA's costing you? :eek:

We are still in negotiations on that. Asking price for 2.3TL's $875. I'm trading a 5.1 surround AVR to her as well as setting everything up- wii, dvd, cable box, running wires and cables for some credit. The seller has a pool as well- If she needs a cabanna boy I'm not sure what I'd do:lol:

Talked to her last night and are working on picking up either Sunday or Monday depending on our schedules. I appreciate all the support.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited June 2012
    The seller has a pool as well- If she needs a cabanna boy I'm not sure what I'd do:lol:

Handyman indeed:twisted:
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,030
    edited June 2012
    Nakamichi 430 tuner....let me know if you consider shipping this to zip 30263.....thanks
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^kevhed72- I'd be happy to ship. PM contact info and let me hook up and test so I can give accurate condition description. I know it's got alot of nicks and was dirty when I got it, but it did tune in all my locals good. I think the dial light is out so let me recheck and take a few pics. Send me your email and I'll get that out to you later tonight.

Lost23- On the Technics SL23 let me see what carts I have that will work with it and I'll get back to you on total cost to ship. After checking some ebay avail units, I can tell you that I can't match their prices so you may be better off seeing what's out there right now and we can discuss further.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    edited June 2012
    Can you do a updated more readable list Travis? :cheesygrin:

Oh, btw, if that was your skinny butt in the pic above, you better throw away those dreams of being a pool boy! :eek::evil:
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    I'm glad I'm apparently not your type Cody:razz:

As to the list, I'll try to pare some things down 1st of the week and maybe add some more as well as better descriptions of condition and a few relevant pics. More pics can always be added as interest is shown.

Boxes I had for the KLH's weren't quite big enough and the UPS store didn't have anything usable today. I'll hit the Uhaul store tomorrow. Just got in from my son's ballgame about 10:30 and alot to do still. I'll get the pics and conditon of the Nak up later tonight Kev.

Cody- if you were here, I'd put you to work. I have at least as much gear around here and at the storage facility that's not even on this list. And yes a get together is a must in the near future- Deb wants me to wait until after she takes her state boards July 13th, so let me know what mid July looks like to you.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^kevhed72-- Here's a few pics for you to consider. Hooked it up tonight and the dial indicator light does light when it locks on a station but there is nothing when you are scrolling thru the band trying to find something. I archived the manual somewhere, but never got around to reading it. It seemed to find stations better thru a cheap rat shack antenna on the unbalanced 300ohm connectors vs the 75 ohm plug. Reception was good but recommend a good antenna. It seems to pull in too much and is very sensitive. Seems to be a well regarded unit on some of the tuner forum boards but I have no expeirence with really nice tunas. It does seem to pick up channels a little to the right of where you would expect. Say 101.5 is local classic rock and it is centered on 102.2 so it probably needs a little alignment. Conditon as is shipped to you would be $100.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^ forgot pics--

IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0577.jpg

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Hey guys at least I waited a few months after 100 posts to try and sell anything :)

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,451
    edited June 2012
    Travis, I'm interested in that Yamaha RX-595.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    PM sent SCompRacer

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Guys I appreciate all the interest so far. My son is with us this weekend and have plans with my dad after church tomorrow so I'm not going to have much time until Monday to get anything else ready to ship.

SComp and Lost -- I've got your PM's and will try to get things tested late tonight. Got some boxes and styrofoam from Lowe's and UHAUL today. I'll get dimensions and weight to rromeo923 on Monday.

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2012
    Greetings Travis!

Your PM bos ix full!!

Tell me more about the condition of your Minimus 7s? Are they walnut? Japan made? Any chance for a picute or two. Thank you!

Carl
    Carl

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    IMG_9520.jpg
    IMG_9518.jpg
    IMG_9519.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg

Deleted a few msg so you can pm me now schwarcw-

The Minimus 7's are the black metal type. I have 2 pair actually. One's at my computer are made in Japan and the other pair made in Malaysia. Interesting, can you comment on the difference, crossover or driver?

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Pics of Technics SL 23 and Yamaha RX 595

IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg

scompracer- The Yamaha checked out good tonight. The pure direct button has a little static in it (when 1st pushed in) but other than that it seemed fine. Checked phono, both tape, cd, and ld rca inputs and all worked. Hooked up a cheap rat shak antenna and was really impressed with the tuner in this one. I think you would be pleased. Went ahead and ordered proper remote off the bay for it. If you don't take it, it'll still help me sell it later.

lost- The technics sounded good out of the box with the AT cart on it. Speed was good until I tried to adjust, then it started wandering. I'll need a few days to get a chance to get to the pots from underneath and try to deoxit the switches and go from there. I'll let you know if I get it back to spot on speed wise. I'd prefer to talk to you 1st and see if you want this one in particular or if I may have something else suitable.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    kevhed72- your pm box is full.....

Here is my response to your pm..

Good morning Kevin. I don't have any true outdoor weather proof speakers. I have a pair of Pyramid 4080's that I got as a pkg deal on some other gear. Here's a link to them on J & R-

http://www.jr.com/pyramid/pe/PD1_4080/

I have the brackets for them as well if I can find them. They have a pretty good sound to them and the construction is more dust proof than water proof. If you wouldn't have them exposed to direct rain, they might work depending on your application.

After considering the condition of the Nakamichi, I think I priced it a little high. I was going to lower the price to $85 shipped if you want it. If these speakers would work for you, I'll include them for the original price of $100 shipped. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Travis

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    edited June 2012
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    kevhed72- your pm box is full.....

Here is my response to your pm..

Good morning Kevin. I don't have any true outdoor weather proof speakers. I have a pair of Pyramid 4080's that I got as a pkg deal on some other gear. Here's a link to them on J & R-

http://www.jr.com/pyramid/pe/PD1_4080/

I have the brackets for them as well if I can find them. They have a pretty good sound to them and the construction is more dust proof than water proof. If you wouldn't have them exposed to direct rain, they might work depending on your application.

After considering the condition of the Nakamichi, I think I priced it a little high. I was going to lower the price to $85 shipped if you want it. If these speakers would work for you, I'll include them for the original price of $100 shipped. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Travis

I'm using some non outdoor speakers that are fairly low profile hung under my gutter and I haven't had any issues. FWIW...
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    I got them!! Very happy and excited. Going to dad's now for dinner. Pics tonight and packing some items for you guys. Thank you for the help. Happy Father's Day everyone.

• scottyboy76
    edited June 2012
    :smile:BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

Another reason to wish we lived closer, maybe if we get deb a portable oxygen concentrator we might be able to come see you guys.

Congrats and i hope you many years of enjoyment
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Scotty- you are definately going to have to make the trip up. Talk to you soon.

IMG_0931sm.jpg
    IMG_0936sm.jpg
    IMG_0631.JPG

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    if you can create a fedex account that will save you some cash. Both fedex and ups have online discounts so definitely go that route. the online estimation is pretty acurate just based on weight, but if its a really big box that changes. As for packaging, I find uhaul to be pretty reasonable for supplies, and of course get a 2 inch thick styrofoam sheet from Lowe's. Go to your local walmart or target and see when they throw out the boxes.

GLWS!

I could not find any 2" styrofoam at Lowe's nor on their website. Could someone provide a link to a comparable item? I did pick up 3 pks of this thinner styrofoam but would prefer to find the thicker material. I'll be going to Home Depot tonight and looking there as well. Here's a link to what I got from Lowe's, it will work but not ideal.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=15350-23946-900050&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3014185&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

• scottyboy76
    edited June 2012
    Those are awesome,and huge, wonderful to see little danica, and the first time i have seen your son, what are you powering them with and your first impressions?
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,489
    edited June 2012
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    I could not find any 2" styrofoam at Lowe's nor on their website. Could someone provide a link to a comparable item? I did pick up 3 pks of this thinner styrofoam but would prefer to find the thicker material. I'll be going to Home Depot tonight and looking there as well. Here's a link to what I got from Lowe's, it will work but not ideal.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=15350-23946-900050&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3014185&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Did you look in the building materials area? The 2" stuff comes in 2' x 8' & 4' x 8' sheets at my local Home Depot. This is the regular white stuff, which is what you want. If it wont fit in the car, bring a serated kitchen knife along to cut it. Just don't tell the wife what you're using it for!

Oh, & if you see any sheets there that have chunks missing from the corners, see if you can negotiate a discount on them. Depending on who's running the show that day, I've been successfull doing that in the past.
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited June 2012
    Sent you some $$
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • scottyboy76
    edited June 2012
    Those are awesome,and huge, wonderful to see little danica, and the first time i have seen your son, what are you powering them with and your first impressions?

By powering and first impressions, im referring to the speaks not the kids.:wink:
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    rromeo923 wrote: »
    Sent you some $$

Thanks Rick, I got it. Made it by Home Depot and grabbed a sheet of the 2" thick styro so I'll be packing them up late tonight. My wife looked at me like I'm an idiot when I put it next to our Honda Accord:eek: After scoring w/ my pocket knife, I broke it down into managable pieces and put it in the trunk. When I got in the car I just grinned at her:smile: I'll get you the dimensions and weight via pm or email.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    3 items shipped yesterday...

KLH Model Six's to rromeo

Polk 5jr sent to gmjungbluth

ADC 303 drivers sent to DaveHo

Tracking #'s have been sent to buyers.

Paradigm Mini Monitors sold to Condradicles- we will meet at a later date

The Yamaha RX-595 receiver is sold to SCompRacer- remote I orderd should arrive today and will ship to Rich Friday morning.

Thanks to everyone for their interest. I will try to get a better list with pics and descriptions up in a few days. Thinking about making seperate threads for Receivers, Turntables, and Speakers.

Lost23- The Technics SL23A has some local interest, I have someone coming over Fri to check it out. I'll be sorting out the speed control issues later today. I actually have 2 of these (need 2 find 2 feet for the 2nd one), so I'll still have one available if you are interested.

Travis

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    The Sony STR-V45 Receiver has sold locally.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    edited June 2012
    TNHNDYMAN: Would you please PM me re: TT? I have a friend who is new to audio who acquired a vinyl collection that is in fine shape. He is looking for a nice TT w/ cart, probably full auto. Can you let me know what you have at this time, I understand you may have some not on list, maybe we can talk on phone and I can fill you in on his audio system, where he's coming from and desires? Thanks.