Alot of Vintage Gear Speakers, Turntables, Receivers and more

TNHNDYMAN
TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
edited July 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Some of you know I'm trying to acquire a pair of Polk SDA 2.3TL's and this is being put up for sale to try and pay for them. I'm just going to copy and paste most of my text from a local CL ad that I have up already. Pricing for Polkies is 25% off anything listed. Pkg deals are fine and I'm flexible so feel free to PM with any ?'s or concerns. I'll be happy to post pics and provide more info on specific items as interest dictates.

Shipping will be an additional charge on top of listed price from zip code 37604. Pymnt via paypal and I'll eat the fees as needed.

Thank you for looking- Travis

SPEAKERS:

B & W DM110 nice bookshelf speaker $120

Yamaha NS-35T speakers beautiful $100

Paradigm 3se great large bookshelf speakers $125

Paradigm Mini Monitor suprising sound for small pkg $75

Voice of Music Model 65 slim speakers w/ wood lattice grills $100

KLH Model Six a great Henry Kloss design $100

Polk Monitor 7's w/ Peerless tweeter $150

Single Acoustic Research AR5 $75 needs surround redone

Odd pair of technics 3 ways $40

ADC 303ax Walnut cabinets $65 one missing a tweeter

Watkins WS1 speakers made in Kingsport by Bill Watkins known for the dbl voice coil woofer in some infinity speakers - Walnut cabinets great bass $125

Mini Advents $50

Realistic Minimus 7's $50

Advent 3's $50

JBL 500 bookshelf spks $30

Large Pioneer 3 ways forget the model # email for pics $80

Smaller Pioneer 8" woofer 2 way $40

Various surround sound pkg for home theater applications $ email for details

RECEIVERS:

Onkyo TX-25 $65

Sony STR-DE475 $75

JVC R-S33 $75

Technics SA-110 $55

Sansui RZ7500 $110

Sansui 4000 nice vintage 2ch receiver $110

Yamaha RX-595 nice receiver w remote $125

Onkyo 545 AVR 5.1 surround sound receiver w/ lots of inputs for cd player, turntable, tape decks, tv or game system w rca outs, $100

Technics 60+1 cd jukebox hit random play and enjoy for days-- reduced $20 sometimes won't read disc may need lens cleaning

Kenwood KT-7300 Tuner SOLD

Sony STR-V45 Integrated Receiver- great sound has turntable input reduced $85

Kenwood KA-3500 integrated amp -- Great sounding amp will really crank when you want it to Price Drop to $SOLD

Yamaha CR-640 integrated receiver $100- price drop due to hearing an occasional pop like a leaking capacitor- should be an easy fix... in beautiful wood grain case

Sherwood 7100 int. receiver $75 email for pics

Nakamichi 430 tuner in black avail. High end analog tuner usually sell around $150-180 on ebay-- don't want to ship so you save, only $95

Harmon Kardon TU-610 Tuner avail $60

JVC,Sony, Pioneer cd changer avail $25-75

Pioneer SA-6500II integrated amp-- Another late 70's classic has great bass $80.00 2nd cleaner faceplate avail for $15

JVC V-31 Tuner-- All lamps and meters work, great FM reception $30.00 reduced!

TURNTABLES !!

Technics SL-23 Great belt drive unit $95

Realistic Lab 440 nice woodgrain appearance $110

Sony PS-LX250H like new $70

Sanyo TP-X3 automatic turntable no dust cover- $SOLD

Yamaha YP-211 $100

Dual 1225 sounds good but automatic functions need adjustment w/ Stanton 681 cartridge- plays fine manually $85

Realistic Lab 500 $150

Pioneer PL7 $125
2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

Post edited by TNHNDYMAN on

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    edited June 2012
    I may want the:
    "Paradigm Mini Monitor suprising sound for small pkg $75"

I just need to see the color, condition and also what version they are. Please post pictures or send them to my e-mail. Thanks!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2012
    WOW, T-man! What a list of great stuff (some of which I also have). You should just hold a Polk-fest at your house and sell all that out in a weekend. lol

Nice prices too! Currently I'm tapped out, and also running short of room. So you may see something like this from me, soon!

GLWTS

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jchouston
    jchouston Posts: 122
    edited June 2012
    Regarding the Polk Monitor 7's, how much would the shipping to 77002?

Thanks.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    edited June 2012
    http://atomicspacejunk.com/retro-electronics/vintage-audio-amplifiers/watkins-woofer-ws1-speakers/

That is the only 411 i can find on the Watkins. Are they the ones you have?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,155
    edited June 2012
    Is this all the "junk" you had piled in the back of the boat? Or was that someone else? I honestly can't remember. I think atleast a general condition description after each item is necessary and pics.

My feeling is I don't buy anything w/o photos and atleast a general condition description.

FWIW, my .02c

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited June 2012
    Nope, I was thinking of onebadchad that had the boat full of junky gear. Sorry for mucking up a FS thread, forgot where I was posting

Carry on :cool:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    jchouston wrote: »
    Regarding the Polk Monitor 7's, how much would the shipping to 77002?

Thanks.

jc- I'd need to weigh them and check Fed Ex but I'm guessing around $50 at least because I'd have to use 2 seperate boxes. I'll try to get a more accurate quote for you later tonight as well as some pics. Condition I'd rate 8.5 but I will admit I'm a newb when it comes to selling gear and I'm not as picky as some may be.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    erniejade wrote: »
    http://atomicspacejunk.com/retro-electronics/vintage-audio-amplifiers/watkins-woofer-ws1-speakers/

That is the only 411 i can find on the Watkins. Are they the ones you have?

Ernie- those are the ones. There is very little info on them doing a google search. I have 2 pair, one I had the elder Mr. Watkins sign for me when I took by his store to try and garner some info. The surrounds are shot and I've only listened to them w/ a cheaper 12" that came out of some Technics I think to just get a feel for them. They are heavy suckers so shipping would really not be worth it. If we had a Polk express type setup we could shuttle them to you.

Guys most of the speakers at least the larger ones will be cost prohibitive to ship but if you want them bad enough then I will do my part to find boxes and pkg them as safe as I can. I just wanted to post the list to see if there is any interest in some of what I have. I will be happy to ship, but the larger stuff will take me a little more time to round up boxes and get them prepared. On any order over $100 I'll be willing to drive 100miles or so out of my area to meet like I have in the past when selling a previous pair of Monitor 7's to conradicles.

Any in depth conversations I would prefer to do via phone vs email and pm's back and forth. So feel free to pm any ?'s and leave a contact #.

Travis

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Is this all the "junk" you had piled in the back of the boat? Or was that someone else? I honestly can't remember. I think atleast a general condition description after each item is necessary and pics.

My feeling is I don't buy anything w/o photos and atleast a general condition description.

FWIW, my .02c

Brock I totally understand and will accomodate as needed. It is an obviously large list and I was just trying to get it on the forum in a convient manner 1st. As interest is expressed, I intend to find pics of said item and offer full disclosure on condition as I see it. Most of these items I have acquired thru flea mrkts, garage sales, estate sales, and some came from local CL purchase I made in my Tri-Cities TN area. Most of these are not pristine museum examples. I am not a electronics tech (yet- I'd love to have that skill and am learning as I go along) so for the most part all I have done is test with speakers on multiple inputs, some general cleaning, pull cases and check fuses if I have an output problem, and some have had the controls worked on with deoxit or fader lube.

I will do everything I can to express true condition and have open full disclosure of items that will be purchased in the thread itself not just thru pm's. The reason I have not posted anything in the for sale section before is because I am fairly new to this hobby and absolutely do not want anyone upset by any transaction that they feel where said item doesn't meet their expectations. It's not worth a couple hundred bucks to me to hurt my reputation and or upset any fellow polkies.

I hope that clarifies a few issues and for those that have pm'ed me I will contact you asap and provide pics and more info. My zip is 37604 if that helps anyone get an estimate on shipping. I have plenty of bubblewrap and peanuts on hand and some boxes that can be used for receivers and smaller items. For anything larger such as some of the speakers I will need to measure dimensions, weigh and track down suitable boxes- so those transactions will take a little longer on my end due to my schedule being full usually until late at night when the family is in bed.

Thank you all for your interest and comments.
    Travis

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Paradigm Mini Monitro front cover.jpg
    Paradigm Mini Monitor speaker.jpg
    I may want the:

I just need to see the color, condition and also what version they are. Please post pictures or send them to my e-mail. Thanks!

Eric- They are black and sound nice to me. One is in very nice shape 9 prob the other has a couple dings in the corners that a sharpie would hide most of so say condition 7. Here is 2 pics and I'll take some close ups of the dinged up one later tonight and post as well. If you want them we can avoid shipping and just swap when I get with you on the 7's. If you want them sooner I can ship.

• heiney9
    edited June 2012
    Travis, it's all cool. It's your FS thread, manage it the way you feel will work. I was just giving some advice about the pics and general condition.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^No problem H9.

Here is a few pics of some items that have had interst shown in...

These are pics of the Monitor 7C's serial #'s 1655 and 1711. No mods have been done. Cabinets are in very nice shape with only the bottoms showing significant scratches. I like these better than the one's I sold and rebought from Conradicles at least in stock form. I have not had the chance to pick up the 7's he modified to hear the upgraded caps yet.

jchouston- dimensions are 9.5" D X 14" W X 24" H and weigh 33lbs each so we are looking at a 70-75 lb shipping weight. I'll have to check fedex and ups sites for shipping charge.

Anyone have any recommendation for which shipper to use and or how best to estimate charges without have the actual item in a box packed and ready?

IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited June 2012
    Travis is as good as they get.

An honest man, and if he tells you something will get done, you can count on him doing everything he can to make it happen.

And with the polkie of the year and his helpful, encouraging suggestions, i predict good things with this sale.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    I may want the:

Eric- Here's some more pics of the dinged up speaker. I think they are the 1st version of the Mini Monitor. Dimensions 8" W X 11.25" D X 13.25 H and weigh 15lbs each.

IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    I appreciate the kind words Scott.

As to H9 he is fine, he was only expressing a rational, logical need for more info. I honestly did not want to put 4 pics up of each of over 100 items unless someone was interested. And if you note the time of my original post, I was too tired to give descriptions and condition of each item. I will answer any and all ?'s.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,105
    edited June 2012
    if you can create a fedex account that will save you some cash. Both fedex and ups have online discounts so definitely go that route. the online estimation is pretty acurate just based on weight, but if its a really big box that changes. As for packaging, I find uhaul to be pretty reasonable for supplies, and of course get a 2 inch thick styrofoam sheet from Lowe's. Go to your local walmart or target and see when they throw out the boxes.

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited June 2012
    Those Monitor 7C's look nice.

GLWS
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    rromeo923 showed some interest in the KLH Model Six's, so here's a few pics. Condition cabinets are very rough and the grills have a hideous brown cordorory fabric that I can't imagine was original. Does have KLH emblems and original drivers. The L pads still work effectively without scratchiness. After listening to these for awhile today I'm not thrilled to let them go. With the cabs and grills redone these would be very nice. Dimensions 12.75" W X 11.75" D X 24" H weight = 35lbs each.

• rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited June 2012
    Travis,

I sent you a pm. Not sure if the pm thing is working right. I got an email notification that you pm'd me but it is not there when I go to this site. Anyway I will buy these KLH. See pm. If you dont get it let me know.

Rick
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    edited June 2012
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    Eric- Here's some more pics of the dinged up speaker. I think they are the 1st version of the Mini Monitor. Dimensions 8" W X 11.25" D X 13.25 H and weigh 15lbs each.

I will take them and pay cash when we meet to exchange the 7A's. Thanks and I will think about buying a couple other things to help you raise funds to get the SDA's.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    rromeo923- got your pm. Sent email for contact details and shipping ?

conradicles- sent pm

Paradigm Mini Monitors sold to Eric

KLH six's sold to Rick

ADC 303ax parts pending to DaveHo

Thank you guys I appreciate it!

Erniejade- are you interested in the Watkins? I've got a local guy that expressed some interest but nothing concrete yet.

jchouston-- pokie price on the Monitor 7's =$110 plus shipping to Houston would be in the $80 (I know it's high but I have to buy boxes and foam) They are a nice pair of 7C's w/ Peerless

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,574
    edited June 2012
    ^Looks like a good amount added to the SDA fund :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Lost240
    Lost240 Posts: 176
    edited June 2012
    Do you have any pics of the turntables?
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^Looks like a good amount added to the SDA fund :smile:

Yes it has been a big help guys :smile: I made arrangements to get the $ for the big SDA's yesterday and will be in contact with the seller tonight. The best part about these sales are that my wife sees that a few other people see value in some of this vintage gear- especially when some of it will be leaving our home:cheesygrin:

Pymnt rcvd from DaveHo so ADC 303ax officially sold.

^Lost-- I'll get some pics of turntables up in short order. Any particular one you are interested in? I have several others not even listed here yet so feel free to PM with contact info and I'll be happy to call you and find something suitable.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    ^ Lost240-- here is a few pics of a couple of my turntables

These will be sold w/o cartridge and headshell at prices listed. If you need a table and want a cart included we can make those arrangements via PM. I like to keep as many spares on hand as possible because most of the turntables I purchase come without working carts or need a new needle at least.

IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    Realistic Lab 440 Turntable.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    More pics

IMG_9781.jpg
    IMG_9784.jpg
    IMG_9843.jpg
    IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_9572.jpg

• wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited June 2012
    If the Advent 3's are the Large Advent Loudspeaker (U3) ....

as seen in this link

http://www.theprojectasylum.com/electronicsprojects/adventspkrepair/adventspk9.jpg

Then I would highly recommend them to anyone at that price. Generally they compete nicely with the Polk Monitor 10s (peerless).

-- wayne --
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the bump Wayne. Actually these are an older small bookshelf pair of advents. I also have the small newer advents with endcaps rather than the standard box design. I'll post a few pics that include these as well as the Paradigm 3se and the B & W DM110's.

IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2012
    Advent 3 is a 6", two-way acoustic suspension job with paper cone tweeters.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,596
    edited June 2012
    Nice gear! So just how much are these SDA's costing you? :eek:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.