It's time for another Texas meet-up

Options

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited May 2012
    Options
    anyone heard from jim? he's awol. how about listing what you plan to bring equipment wise.
    i'm bringing a yaqin ms 20l tube integrated amp and maybe the grant fidelity tubedac-11.

jim send me your address again.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited May 2012
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    anyone heard from jim? he's awol. how about listing what you plan to bring equipment wise.
    i'm bringing a yaqin ms 20l tube integrated amp and maybe the grant fidelity tubedac-11.

jim send me your address again.

I will be bringing cables, an amp, and bookies. LOL

And Jim lives next door to Mark Cuban..

Halen
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2012
    Options
    First and foremost, hell yes we are still on for the 19th. Finals have been crazy, so I apologize for my absence.

How do you guys wanna do food? I don't mind grabbing it myself and having you guys pitch in, like last year. Obviously you're on your own for brews and booze regardless of how we do food.

I guess bring any and all equipment you feel comfortable bringing. I suppose the best way to go about this is to mention what all you have and/or intend on bringing, that way we don't end up with duplicates. I own an SC-37, a Sony SACD changer, LS90s, and a PSW1000. I have other various gear around the house, but not much worth mentioning.

And Halen, I don't live next to Mark Cuban...
    ... he lives next to me. Lol

As for my address, I'll PM that out in the coming days, but for general purposes I'm at Westgrove Dr. and the North Dallas Tollway.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jim,
    I will pitch in as well to whatever you may grab(food that is). I will be bringing speaker cables, the amp you picked up for me, and the speakers you saw. Finals were rough, am glad that **** is done with.

Oh Mark Cuban! lol

Halen
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    DSkip,

Sir, yes sir.... Am bringing everything I got. From Yacco Silvers to Kimber 8TC's to our very own Pepster's..

By the way, anyone have bookie stands? If not, I will hold my bookies, one on each side of my waist. All you guys got to do, is tell me where to point. hhahahaha.

Halen
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I gave Russ a good set of stands last year along with the Hales, you may ping him and see if he still has those
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2012
    Options
    halenhoang wrote: »
    DSkip,

Sir, yes sir.... Am bringing everything I got. From Yacco Silvers to Kimber 8TC's to our very own Pepster's..

By the way, anyone have bookie stands? If not, I will hold my bookies, one on each side of my waist. All you guys got to do, is tell me where to point. hhahahaha.

Halen

I still have those stands we talked about...
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So far it's looking like Dan+1, Russ, Skip, Marv, Halen. Ben, will you be coming as well? I don't remember everyone who came last year, but if you guys wanna get in touch with some of the other guys who made it out who might not have seen this thread, please do.

Only one week guys! Idk about y'all but I'm pretty damn excited!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Gents, unfortunately I'm gonna have to cancel this weekend. Ive had an unfortunate turn of events lately. What Friday or Saturday will work best for you guys?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jim,

Sorry to hear man. Hope things turn for the better. I am always game, which will give me more to receive my new 4K player! We could make it an audio and visual event! Which also gives me more time to pick up some more cables too! Take care man and hope all is well.

Halen
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've got stands and you guys need to pass around the 705's before Al makes me send them back.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I've got stands and you guys need to pass around the 705's before Al makes me send them back.

Wait, are the 705s floating around here? If so, put me up next or first!!

Halen
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skip, let us know what the wife says. If we're not doing this then I'm gonna make other plans for the weekend, otherwise it'll be good to see you guys again.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skip,

I will be there and bring what I have as well. Good news, my new Sony 4k player is coming in this Friday. We could test it out at your place. If you would like to meet up before Saturday, let me know. Some of the things I plan on bringing are heavy and would hate to do it all Saturday morning. Any BBQ joints out by you?

Halen
  • bencorn
    bencorn Posts: 49
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend, apparently I've got a wedding to go to that I forgot about. Hope to be able to get to the next meet up though.
  • marvda1
    edited May 2012
    Options
    skip send me driving directions, old fashion no gps. send me directions coming in on 35w and 35e i may have to go into dallas first.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited May 2012
    Options
    skip. email me the directions. for some reason i can't pull up polk audio at home.
    mboldda1@sbcglobal.net
    35w and 35e directions.
    marvin
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Send me the pm. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but would like to have the details in case things work out in my favor.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited May 2012
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Send me the pm. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but would like to have the details in case things work out in my favor.
    Same here Skip. I was hoping to get to see your new place this weekend, but not looking good as of right now. When Jim posted about rescheduling I sorta offered to help someone out tomorrow and was hoping they'd cancel, but no cancellation as of yet.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks for stepping up and hosting Skip. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this round. Enjoy the 705's.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skip,

A Saturday well spent! Watching you guys drinking was sheer torture. Man, I left LSAF itching to get into "tube" territory. One day.. One day... I will probably spend all day tomorrow looking into tubes.

Halen
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sounds like a great time, wish I could have been there, and next time let me know in advance (evidently I need a reminder:eek:).
    My brain does not operate as fast as it should.
    I will "hook you up" next time!:cheesygrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Russ, do you have any hint of our timeline with the 705s? I wouldnt mind hosting a second meet-up to provide more Polkies an opportunity to hear them. If you guys are interested, let me know.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2012
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Russ, do you have any hint of our timeline with the 705s? I wouldnt mind hosting a second meet-up to provide more Polkies an opportunity to hear them. If you guys are interested, let me know.

Amazing... You guys have kept them in that area for almost a year and still want to hold on to them for another meet. Come on now, let others have a chance to experience the new Polk line.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    DMara wrote: »
    Amazing... You guys have kept them in that area for almost a year and still want to hold on to them for another meet. Come on now, let others have a chance to experience the new Polk line.

This is the first time the 705's are here. We are not West Coasters.... Come on now...
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2012
    Options
    halenhoang wrote: »
    This is the first time the 705's are here. We are not West Coasters.... Come on now...
    20070225072815!PWNED!.jpg20120119161717!Lolface.png
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• marvda1
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you have to remember that distance wise something moving around the dfw area is the same as moving something around the entire state of california:cheesygrin:
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skip, thanks to you for hosting (and to your wife for allowing it).

Wish I could have hung around longer...and I could have since it took me over almost an hour and a half to get home. I enjoyed the tubes and the 705's. Nice to meet both Halen and Marvin as well.

Paul
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Paul,

It was good to match the person to the screen name.

Skip. When we tried out the Sony Player, the 4K was on. I tried out your bluray with it on and off, there was a difference! Back to researching tubes!
  • JimAckley
    edited June 2012
    Options
    How do you guys feel about another meet up near the end of this month?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -