LSiM Private Polk Member Showing - May 21st McKinney, TX

Options

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i can bring some $3 wine from walmart:rolleyes:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Boones. Apple Wine.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anyone remember Anne Green Springs wine?:biggrin:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am calling everyone at sun on Sunday for church:eek::biggrin:
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok I am headed down to Dallas for a few. The consensus was 2pm, I will be back by 1.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've got it buddy. I can't let you always be the one to get us drunk :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Headed back looking at approx 130.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So this is just a love fest for me and skip? I bought sliced cakes and beer.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Polkie Texans, step up! We expect you all to give us a 'live video' feed of your auditions and celebrations?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Running up to McKinney this afternoon to pick up a preamp. Will see about stopping by for a bit while I'm there, but I'm already convinced. I need these speakers.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    edited May 2011
    Options
    D@#n, oh how I wish for the days of Star Trek. I'd be beaming those speakers out of your home and into mine for an audition. :biggrin: Yes I'd do it while you were sleeping and have them back before you missed them.

Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of them. Let the sales begin!:wink:
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    Polk LSiM 707, 706c, 703, 705
    Polk Blackstone TL3 for height
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Polk Audio LS70, CS350LS, LSF/X, S4
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What a great meet, happy to know you guys, we've got a great group here, let's keep this going. To those that attended, keep the LSiM circulating. Walter is going to do the 707's first, and Jim went home with the 703's tonight.

Lots of pics for the forum, and more importantly feedback for Polk. Email me your thoughts rgates@polkaudio.com after you get some time with them.

Thanks again! Now, all you other loosers get ramped up for Capital Audio Fest and PolkFest!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is a good group we have here locally, wish I could have stuck around longer today - finally got all the paperwork on the new place wrapped up though so that's good. I owe a couple of you guys some demos on some gear, and once I get moved in we'll get that all squared away.

Russ, put me down for some time with those 703s, I'd love to spend some time with them once I'm all settled.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited May 2011
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Thanks again! Now, all you other loosers get ramped up for Capital Audio Fest and PolkFest!

Says the LOSER (see, one 'O', jerkoff) that never made it to the last Poklfest where we got to break the prototypes!

FYI, I slept with the prototypes. Both of them. We had a 3-some. I just blamed all the noise on lightman.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • newsman
    newsman Posts: 198
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Good meet. I don't remember how I got home though. Didn't think I was drunk. Maybe it's just affect of 707 on me... or tubes :)

Put me down for those 707, but I'll need some help from you guys to get them to my place :wink: The bass response in Russ room was what it should be, without causing room modes like at the Lone Star.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So, other that alcohol consumption, what else is there to report?
    Am I the only one looking forward to the bookshelf model review?
    I don't have anywhere big enough to let the big guys sound right.
    Unless the wife leaves, me, then they'd be a go for downstairs.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What about the 707's, how did they sound in a larger room? What do they sound like?
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm caddyng for a Pro-Am tourney at the Byron Nelson today, and am waiting for our turn to tee off so I thought I'd get on here and chat it up a little.

First off, my hat's off to Russ for throwing the shindig last night. I had a blast hearing those 707s and your 10s.

I finally hooked up the 703s this morning, and all I can say is if it's possible to marry an object, i wanna get hitched to these things. Just like last night's session with the 707s, there's ZERO listening fatigue. The highs are, at least in my opinion, a perfect balance between the RTi and LSi lines: not too laid back, but not bright either. Not to mention they look damn good. I was pleasantly surprised with the low-end as well. Keep in mind, my system is in my bedroom, and not a larger room like a den or living room, so that definitely helps my situation.

When I get some good listening time in, I'll give another writeup.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • newsman
    newsman Posts: 198
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Guys, I did a write up for my 707 impressions in the main Speaker forum. To get more detailed than that, you'll have wait until I hear them in my room. This will be a perfect comparison versus my LSi 15s.

Other that that, I want to report that if you had opportunity to show up for the meet and didn't - you only have yourself to blame. Russ gave plenty of heads up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Checking in from Asia....

Jealous!!!!!

Halen
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Glad to see you all made a time of it. Excellent stuff.

RT1
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These are great looking speakers to go with the sweet sound. I was worried the bass more be overpowering but it was just right. Russ had them pulled out 3-4 feet from the wall. I'll gladly hook these up in the media room for an extended demo. I'm not sure my paltry 150x7 B&K is enough juice based on the previous postings on the board. I think it's safe to say the 300 wpc class A amp worked just fine. My media room is 25x15 so it should provide some insight for sound in larger rooms.

Funny side note. I was at the Bryon today as well. I just finished the round and I look up and see Jim heading out to get started. This is a small world.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Halen get back here and listen to these things!!!

Walter, do you run your fronts full range or crossed?

Here's the pics from my phone. Sorry for the less-than-stellar quality. Speakers this beautiful only deserve the best DSLR cameras IMO.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well for whatever reason, I can't get the rest to attach. It keeps saying a security token is missing and can't proceed. I'll try again tomorrow.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• RuSsMaN
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The urgency for quick(er) demos is with the 703's. I will need to return those to Odie at a moments notice. The 707's are boxed up and while their return isn't looming as much as the 703's, I'd like to get them rotated fairly quickly to, to those interested that showed up for LSAF or the demo at my house this past weekend.

Just trying to spread the love while I can, but these are both marketing tools for our regional rep, and will be returned, again the 703's any day now, the 707's we might have for another couple of weeks.

Final note, if you do want to demo (and are in the group above), just email or pm me, and we will move on it, but it won't be an extended demo, and you need to be VERY mindful of the finish - these are marketing tools, just use kid gloves.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've put them through my most familiar material over the past two evenings so I'm good if someone else wants to give 'em a go.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow, those are absolutely beautiful.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If those 703 are still here when I get moved this weekend I'll give them a go, otherwise Jim I'll wait on your review and wait in line with everyone else for them to be released.
  • JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I really hope you can get some time in with them. I fully intend on buying a set when I've sold enough of my current gear. I'll be posting my full .02 on them later today.

Once you're all settled I'd kill to hear those TL-3s, especially since I have the matching center. Good luck on your move and if you need a hand give me a shout.

On a side note Dan, if you want to come over here and hear them while we still have 'em, just let me know. I live south of Frankford on the Tollway so I'm not far from where you're at.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well here's the rest. I had to upload them one at a time. I'm guessing something was getting lost in the data xfer between all this rain and my otherwise crappy connection to make it not work last night.

Russ, do you know if the 703s have been broken in prior to me getting them? I meant to ask how much, if any, playtime they'd logged before leaving the other night but Jim Beam does wonderful things to my responsibility and memory.

Blackstone TL250 review coming in the next week as well.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -