I would like to mod your crossovers revised

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited October 2011
    I can do them and when I owned a set I had them modded by someone else.

But I could definitely do them - I didnt see this post before.

I am going to start modding crossovers again at the end of this month!

I can offer instant turn around times on the following speakers -

RT35i
    RTi12
    SM-450
    CRS (Dual tweeters)
    CRS+
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited October 2011
    BP10B modded crossover
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited November 2011
    bump :)
  • VR3
    edited November 2011
    I would like to thank everyone as the year comes to an end that helping folks achieve a higher quality sound has been great and an adventure!

I look forward to helping more people in 2012!

Thanks!
  • rebuy
    rebuy Posts: 695
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for being a help to me and I will have you do mine when I get the coin.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

To early to say Merry Christmas, so I won't.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited November 2011
    I would like to thank everyone as the year comes to an end that helping folks achieve a higher quality sound has been great and an adventure!

I look forward to helping more people in 2012!

Thanks!

We'll be doing business next year. ;)
  • gdehlers
    gdehlers Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    i would also like to thank you for making my a9's and a6 really come to play well together was a very good investment
  • VR3
    edited November 2011
    Thanks guys!

I like hearing the positive feedback! :-D
  • razorr
    razorr Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Can you please pm me on upgrading lsic and lsi9s. Thanks.
  • VR3
    edited November 2011
    Sent an email -

Please send inquiries to Vr3Mods@gmail.com - I only have so much room in my PM box :)

Thanks!
  • VR3
    edited December 2011
    I love modding speakers and I would love to modify yours :-D

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Years!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2011
    Who would have thought!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited December 2011
    I like seeing you posting Sean! Been to long, life has a way of speeding up... well everything! lol

I think I recently crossed for the 50 speaker mark a week or so ago and man it has been just to much fun.... My favorite by far was a set of Tyler Acoustics towers I worked on...
  • Scooterp7
    Scooterp7 Posts: 21
    edited January 2012
    VR3 wrote: »
    I love modding speakers and I would love to modify yours :-D

After reading this and its sister thread, I must say, you have the patience of Job! I am a tradesman and have forsaken the inclination to be so generous when people try to get me to teach them my profession, for "free". If I advertised that I diagnose and explain the remedy for all your problems, I would be inundated w/calls 24/7! I know there is a certain altruistic protocol in forums/usenet, but the way some members pry you for "free assistance", rubs me the wrong way. That sentiment is just MY problem, I know.

Anyhoo, one of these days, if you are still doing the work, I will call upon you for your services.
  • VR3
    edited January 2012
    Haha - I believe in Karma... free info to others means good word travels to their friends about me which only means good things in the end :)

Look forward to helping you in the future!

Fortress mods arrive next week hopefully! :)
  • Old thread i know. Ive tried contacting Trey (VR3) but im not hearing back. Is anyone else doing rebuilds ?
  • VR3
    I haven't seen any emails in regards to a bp20

Vr3Mods@Gmail.com

Thank you
  • Thanks for replying. Hmmm.... I checked your email address and i had it right.
    Who knows, ill try again !
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    still wondering if you wanna do XOs to another set of original Legacy Empires . . .

I've got the Broadway center channel, too

I know that last job was quite involved. Perhaps overly so.

maybe The Smithsonian would be innarested??
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    thumbing through the owners manual, I rediscovered this . . . KOOL

w1hlqeo4en6e.jpeg
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    With the price of everything and my limited schedule it is possible but challenging.

Would easily take 6 mo this and cost 5k to 7k depending on many factors.

Big custom external builds like that take extreme labor, planning design and fabrication
  • GlennDog
    yikes!
    I guess I'm not that invested in them . . . unless ... could the ones you worked on, be auditioned?

maybe I'm back to the Smithsonian option HA!

OR . . . does it need to be an external build to the max? Could there be a middle ground compromise?
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    VR3 wrote: »
    With the price of everything and my limited schedule it is possible but challenging.

Would easily take 6 mo this and cost 5k to 7k depending on many factors.

Big custom external builds like that take extreme labor, planning design and fabrication

Even small builds feel this way at times. you think you'll just knock it out quickly but then you start thinking about the other things you can do, and just add that little something else. 6 months go by with everyday life in the middle of it, and you're just getting everything together to get a jump on it.. LOL!!!
  • VR3
    The empire is so complex and involved, external is pretty much "it". The stock crossover uses such cheap parts and compact, where it is mounted just isn't an option.

The cost for external really boils down to the enclosure. The cost of finding something premade versus custom, what materials.

I have learned alot since I built the first set and would do everything very different

j3zhfhddkint.jpg

Here is the write up from Chris on the empire

Trey provided a basic quote and the process began. This was a huge undertaking due to the large number of parts in the crossover. I was kept up to date regularly thru the entire process with pictures and emails stating specific progress and any recommended changes to the basic plan, as well as requests for my input for enclosure construction, etc. I would estimate that we exchanged 20-25 emails during the process. When the crossovers arrived, I took a peak inside and was very pleased with the quality of the work that I saw inside. Parts were neatly laid out and properly secured. Shipping packaging was first rate and secure.
    I got them hooked up in my system and was almost immediately aware that after these finished break in, they were going to be what I was looking for. Gone was the grittiness of the stock crossover system. They now have between 250 and 300 hours on them and it has certainly been worth the wait. Everything is improved across the board with the exception of the large scale dynamics, which remained intact. It is like a large veil has been removed. Increased detail, check. Improved purity of tone and harmonics, check. Better imaging and soundstaging, check. Improved micro dynamics, check. Improved sense of ease, check. More fun to listen to, absolutely! Everything just sounds more correct and I couldn’t be more pleased.
    After going thru this process, I can without hesitation recommend VR3mods for any crossover modification you may be considering. If you like the basic sound of your speakers, but wonder what they are really capable of, by all means have VR3mods upgrade your crossovers. I have had two transactions with Trey and he has been nothing other than highly professional in both cases. Highest recommendation. Thanks" - Cris Legacy Empire Monastery Level
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Your lowest cost option would be to buy my Tyler's! :)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited November 2023
    THAT was an involved project! 3 and a half years from inception to fruition. One hell of a project and Trey knocked it out of the park!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GlennDog
    don't need to sell me on the mans skills, I knows hes got 'em! . . . it's bidenomics and my billfold that's holding me back

Sure would be nice to audition what the final product is capable of . . . any who
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    Understood. You also told me that you were downsizing a bit. No worries. I'm just ribbing you a bit. What else do friends do? :)

Everyone values things differently. That's a given. What Trey does (to me) is an excellent value.

Tom
  • GlennDog
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I'm just ribbing you a bit. What else do friends do? :)

What Trey does (to me) is an excellent value.

fur shur!

But I've got these beauties sitting here and my thoughts go into overdrive!

If the owner (chris) of the heavily modified Empires had a friend that said "I gotta have those, too"

I think we could strike a deal !

Anywho, Jonny's knocking on my door, suggesting I audition the "3m Signature Series AMP Series" power cords
    The rabbit hole NEVER ENDS

sorry to derail

OUT!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    Yeah, there is that too....

Choices, choices...

At least we aren't making a choice between eating and a roof over our head. 1st world problems are easier.

Tom