Options

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That sucks. =\
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Attn PC gamers, BF3 is on sale for only $30.00 through Origin this weekend.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you don't already have it, it should be a no brainer to go ahead and get it. Amazing game. Only one I find myself wishing I could play throughout the day.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So, anyone planning on picking up BF3 premium? The new weapons are already posed up on battlelog for anyone that might be interested. $50 is like a new game though, so that's kinda high IMO.
  • blehmbo
    blehmbo Posts: 179
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ouch, the expansions cost more than what I paid for the game ($35 during the holiday season).
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • Face
    edited June 2012
    Options
    blehmbo wrote: »
    Ouch, the expansions cost more than what I paid for the game ($35 during the holiday season).
    That's for ALL of the expansions plus some other extras.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2012
    Options
    How many expansions are there for it? All I have is the Back to Karkand map expansion. I'm aware of the unlocks you can purchase for the various kits to make all the weapons available, but I'd rather just keep playing the game and earn them all without paying for them. Are there other purchasable unlocks/add-ons?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No way I am paying $50 more for this game. CoD and the new Ghost Recon have my military shooter needs met.
  • Face
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's for four expansion packs plus some other bonus material, well worth it IMO.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hey Face, how are you unlocking the Close Quarters guns / assignments if CQ isn't out for the PC yet? I saw you got the SPAS yesterday.

Nevermind:
    PC was not meant to have the guns, something went wrong on the patch for PC that allowed the assignment's to be completed. The guns where downloaded with the latest patch, 2 or 3 of the weapons aren't able to be unlocked yet, this is how we know something went wrong and it wasn't meant to happen. There has also been no announcement from Dice saying PC will get the guns. As we know PS3 already have CQ because of Sony's deal with EA.

PC and Xbox will get CQ on the 12th if your Premium.

This was NOT meant to happen.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I've been so busy I have barely played anything. Unless since no one else has been around much on my rare playing time, I doubt I will be doing the premium. Subject to change, as always tho.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well I picked it up for the Xbox and have been enjoying close quarters. I sure wish I had some friend to play with instead of random though, hint hint.
  • blehmbo
    blehmbo Posts: 179
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    That's for ALL of the expansions plus some other extras.

I am aware of the contents of BF3 Premium. I will probably wait for a sale or at least for the release of the other DLCs before picking it up. I am just cautious about DLC releases.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Its been a while but who's down for some BF3 tonight? Been insanely busy at work for the last couple of months but seems things are slowing down a little bit so I figured I'd make it online tonight.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • shepx2
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I may be on tonight, not sure. I don't have the close quarters pack yet tho .
  • Shizelbs
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Can I vent a little? I just wanted to hop on and play some BF last night. I haven't played in about two weeks. I'm forced to download a 2.38 GB update just so I can play multiplayer. F that. It took an hour. Not totally sure but I think the update was for the 'premium' crap that I have no interest in paying for. Just let me play the damn game.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Can I vent a little? I just wanted to hop on and play some BF last night. I haven't played in about two weeks. I'm forced to download a 2.38 GB update just so I can play multiplayer. F that. It took an hour. Not totally sure but I think the update was for the 'premium' crap that I have no interest in paying for. Just let me play the damn game.

Haha, ask Grim and Shep about that. They jumped on with me Friday night and had to wait like an hour before we could finally play together. I saw you jump on and was in the middle of playing BF3, so that's why I sent you the party invite. Then I saw that you jumped into another game. That makes sense now as to why you didn't join me. Set it up to download in the background and just leave your xbox in for a bit. That's what I did.

Edit: Just a FYI, you are correct that the patch was to download all of the DLC, but it also included a large patch that corrected a bunch of stuff that was messed up in the game, such as the M26/dart glitch.
  • Shizelbs
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    I saw you jump on and was in the middle of playing BF3, so that's why I sent you the party invite. Then I saw that you jumped into another game. That makes sense now as to why you didn't join me.

No, I had to stop playing because my 3 year old came downstairs and I didn't want him seeing the violence and my crappy game play. The invite was much appreciated.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No, I had to stop playing because my 3 year old came downstairs and I didn't want him seeing the violence and my crappy game play. The invite was much appreciated.

Ah, OK I totally understand. I have to do the same thing when my 3 and 5 year olds come into the room.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Anyone else up for some BF3 on the Xbox tonight? I should be on.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Im going to shoot for it. Some time around 9est. Gotta get my SOFLAM!! I Suck :biggrin:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Zeros
    edited June 2012
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Im going to shoot for it. Some time around 9est. Gotta get my SOFLAM!! I Suck :biggrin:

For anyone who hasn't played in a while, like you mrbiron, i would recommend turning on your xbox early and downloading the patch/patches. A few weeks ago I played with Grim and Shep, but they had to download and install the new patch before they could play which took like an hour. I don't want you to jump on tonight and have to wait like they did. All you have to do is load the game and it should prompt you to download / install the patch. See you on there tonight.
  • mrbiron
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Will the patches help me play better??:lol:

I'll start them when i get home before i head to the home depot. When i get back, i had better be a level 100!!
  • shepx2
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I should be on about 9:30 cst.
  • Shizelbs
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'll be on late tonight.
  • Zeros
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'll be on late tonight.

Shep and I saw you on and sent you an invite, but I guess you were busy. You weren't kidding when you said late night. I think it was like 1 am for me (EST) when you got on.

In other news, according to Battlelog, you've been busy with unblocking stuff huh mrbiron.
  • mrbiron
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah, i didn't get around to jumping on Saturday night. It was so hot in the upstairs that the little lady HAD to watch TV down with me in the basement so i was handcuffed.

Got to log a couple hours on Sunday. If my panny didn't have the dimming problem (which i have not called about yet), i think i might have better chances of seeing people in dark corners. The game is still definitely fun and i am a rockstar at the SOFLAM...:lol:

I'm going to try and get on more often but with our wedding coming up in t-minus one month, my spare time is scheduled before i get home.
  • shepx2
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to get a group going.