Any Norah Jones fans?

Options
phoneisbusy
phoneisbusy Posts: 867
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
NorahJones.com has 10 songs from her live performance at the
house of blues in mp3 and real audio format.

http://www.norahjones.com/av/houseofblues041602.htm

You can download the songs and since it's her site, I'm assuming the RIAA isn't going to come a knockin' ;)

Servers seem a bit bogged down but that's probably to be expected. I think I'll give her a listen.

regards

Dave
Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
Post edited by phoneisbusy on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Yes,
    she is fantastic.I have her on SACD.

I'm not into MP3's.There sound quality for the most part isn't up to par.But hey you do get to hear alot and I mean alot of music in this fashion..so it does have it's advantages.......thatnks for the link.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I'll second that on the mp3 sound quality. I really like the format and the whole downloading deal because I've nabbed copies of songs that I haven't heard for years, don't have on CD, don't have on tape, and would never, ever, buy a CD just to get that song. And they sound fine on the computer through a pair of headphones. But critical listening on my Polks... I usually end up switching over to a "real" CD just to make sure my speakers are working properly.

I think the sound quality gets even a little worse if you reconvert the mp3 back into CD and burn it on disc. Almost like FM.

As for Nora Jones... heard her on SNL and it was entertaining. She strikes me as one of a current group of women artists who all essentially sound the same. Not bad, just not... differentiated.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by burdette
    She strikes me as one of a current group of women artists who all essentially sound the same. Not bad, just not... differentiated.

Yeah, sameness is what sells these days.:(
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!