any Pacific Northwest Polkies want to host a weekend gathering in Spring 2011?

Options
124»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2011
    Options
    see you all tomorrow at bikerboys house...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm bringing over Jason's (punk-roc) Peachtree Nova and some cables he dropped off.

and I'll bring my tube DAC and a couple of coax cables to run from Jeff's transport to the DAC.

happy happy, Joy Joy... the day is almost here..
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well the day is finally here... hope you all can make it... see you this afternoon.

AL
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Have a great time guys
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    well the day is finally here... hope you all can make it... see you this afternoon.

AL

I'll be there after I deliver my RT1000i to bsoko2 in Olympia. If anybody wants to ride along, let me know. I'm coming from the north end probably around 9:30 or so.
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's Jeff (bikerboy, in green shirt)- benevolent host, Al (danger boy) in blue shirt, Roger (filmfreak1138) in gray sweatshirt, and Cameron (cambir) in darker gray pullover.

Speaker in use: SDA SRA 2.3's of Jeff's, and RTA 12C's of Roger's, both hot-rodded.

Electronics: a mix of Jeff's transport,DAC, & PASS amp, Roger's SACD player, AL's C.A.L. tube DAC, and a Peachtree Audio Nova.

We had about 5 hours of great listening to different sources and a lot of different music. And, thanks to Jeff and his wife, lots of things to munch on. It was actually just right- enough speakers and electronics to get a good taste of what we were listen to and still have time to be able to just sit and enjoy the music, and have some good conversation.

I think we just wished more people would have stopped by. (Especially KC- I'm gonna kick his butt!:smile:)
    6.JPG 289.8K
    2.JPG 292.2K
    3.JPG 278.3K
    4.JPG 249.6K
    5.JPG 285K
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2011
    Options
    awesome! glad you guys had a good time, sorry I couldn't make it

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes! (my best Tony Robbins voice)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I was actually on my way and got calls to show 2 different homes in opposite directions. Sometimes in real estate you're at the whim of your buyers and I couldn't pass it up. Glad you guys had a good time. Looking forward to next year!!
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    a few pics from our fun get together in Seattle...

thanks to Jeff aka bikerboy for his opening his house to host this second annual PNW PFest.. thanks Jeff!

also in attendance was Geoff, Cameron, Roger and myself... we had a good time swapping out gear, DAC's, intergrated amps, cables, and listened to some varied music.. everything from Chemical Brothers to Ray Charles and some SRV.. etc.

Special treat and one of the highlights was Rogers revamped RTA 12c's.. splendid job by Geoff in the attention to detail in breathing new life into ROgers speakers. Those RTA 12 would make anyone proud... check out the pics.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry I missed it guys; it looks like good fun and a decent turn out! Nice pictures and sweet speakers.

Jeff, I still want to have you over to do a Sabre32 comparison, and once we set a date, I don't see why anyone else local couldn't join us either. :smile:
  • geoff727
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man, don't we look like a happy group in picture 3?! Me and Cameron look like Terminator 1 and Terminator 2!:tongue:
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

• geoff727
    edited April 2011
    Options
    By the way, I was extremely gratified that the 12C's got such a positive response. That serves as inspiration to me to keep reading, keep learning, and keep improving.

I hope Roger will enjoy them. Next year I hope to bring a couple of my own projects (like the LSi7's and a pair of Infinity's, maybe).
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

• bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks to all for the great audio gathering. Too bad more couldnt make it. But it was fun anyway. Roger's rta 12c that Geoff rebuilt are incredible. Imaging is so very precise and open. Made my sda 2.3 sound diffused or smeared. I will be talking to Geoff about mods to them and see what can be done to improve them. Got to swap plenty of gear and wire to hear how the sound changed. Lots of fun.
    Jake-lets talk about a time and see if others are interested.
    Punk roc/Jason-Thanks for sending the Decca. It sounds nice. We didnt use the usb input only the coax digital input. What type of tube are you using in it?
    Glad everyone had fun and look forward to the next meet.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server