any Pacific Northwest Polkies want to host a weekend gathering in Spring 2011?

Options

Comments

• Jesse22
    Jesse22 Posts: 60
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Finally, end of the work week! I will know for sure tomorrow night if my buddy and I will be able to make it since Friday is designated dude hangout.
    Polk CS1 Series II
    Monitor 30s
    Monitor 40s Series II
    Klipsch RW-12D
    Onkyo TX-SR308
    Samsung 46" LED-LCD
    Samsung BD-C5500 (Don't Recommend)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cambir wrote: »
    Are we going to have any way-out-of-town visitors again? Russ?

I PM'd crazy **** Russ about a month ago... and never heard back from him.. I haven't seen any posts from him lately. I think Trey has him locked in his basement. LOL :eek: :biggrin:

So i'm probably traveling the farthest this time....
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have sent out my address to 4 so far. Al is bringing a friend so including myself that makes 6. Couple of weeks away! Sorry Jeff and Rosie cant make it. I'll test the IPA this weekend for quality control purposes.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm planning on it. What can we bring to help out?
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    I'll test the IPA this weekend for quality control purposes.

:biggrin: I'm curious what kind of IPA you're brewing up?

Yes Jeff, let us know if you need/want us to bring anything.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Might stop by for a bit. Don't have anything to bring besides my toddler. Will be a quick visit.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Might stop by for a bit. Don't have anything to bring besides my toddler. Will be a quick visit.

Hope you do stop by to say hi.. I haven't talked to you in a while :wink:

for everyone else who is attending.... what gear if any are you bringing? bringing gear is totally optional... not required of course.

I think i'lll bring my DAC.. a DAC shootout might be pretty fun.. most are small units... and easy to transport.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm about 80% for sure on attending.. I'm planning on bring my Peachtree Nova and W4S Dac-2 and some Kimber Hero IC's..

I could bring my Dodd ELP too if people wanted to hear it

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll bring my Hitmaster :biggrin:
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    punk-roc wrote: »
    I'm about 80% for sure on attending.. I'm planning on bring my Peachtree Nova and W4S Dac-2 and some Kimber Hero IC's..

I could bring my Dodd ELP too if people wanted to hear it

Jason

Please bring the Dodd ELP... maybe we can get a mostly tube rig set up.. :wink:
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't think I have much this time around.

I can bring my pair of Monitor 5 again (or Monitor 7), but all I have for an amp is an older Sony ES or a Denon 2ch receiver.

I have a Denon 2910 I could bring (might even sell it if somebody wants it). Also just picked up a pair of RT1000i in cherry if anyone is interested in hearing them.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cambir wrote: »
    I don't think I have much this time around.

I can bring my pair of Monitor 5 again (or Monitor 7), but all I have for an amp is an older Sony ES or a Denon 2ch receiver.

I have a Denon 2910 I could bring (might even sell it if somebody wants it). Also just picked up a pair of RT1000i in cherry if anyone is interested in hearing them.

my RT800i's sound great for home theater.. but not so good for 2ch. not sure about the RT1000i's.. I owned a pair of those for a very short time back in the day.
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    my RT800i's sound great for home theater.. but not so good for 2ch. not sure about the RT1000i's.. I owned a pair of those for a very short time back in the day.

I like my RT800i, my RT600i and my RT600. True, none of them are spectacular for 2ch when comparing to the old Monitors or SDA, but the RT line are not bad all-purpose speakers.

I've only listened to the RT1000i once, but they appear to perform as I would expect...obvious increased bottom end (built in sub), less midrange compared to the 800i (single driver vs two).
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just over a week now.. look forward to seeing you all again..

Jeff, let us know if you would like me to bring anything....
  • bikerboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Looks like we have a dac shootout in the works. I have two transports but could use more coax rca digital cables. I have the hot rodded sda-2.3 and stock sda II polks powered by the Aleph or the B&K. If different preamps like a balanced or nice single-ended one were to show up it would be great. Any gear is welcome. I'll see if I can get my buddy to bbq something for us. If people want to bring a favorite snack that would be cool. The kama sutra IPA is aging well. PM me Shelby if you need my addy. Future audiophiles are welcome. SPF is near!
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Looks like we have a dac shootout in the works. I have two transports but could use more coax rca digital cables. I have the hot rodded sda-2.3 and stock sda II polks powered by the Aleph or the B&K. If different preamps like a balanced or nice single-ended one were to show up it would be great. Any gear is welcome. I'll see if I can get my buddy to bbq something for us. If people want to bring a favorite snack that would be cool. The kama sutra IPA is aging well. PM me Shelby if you need my addy. Future audiophiles are welcome. SPF is near!

It all sounds good Jeff.. I'll bring some snacks for the group.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Looks like we have a dac shootout in the works. I have two transports but could use more coax rca digital cables.

I'm sure I can come up with one if not two decent heavy guage coax rca cables for the DAC shootout. they are kind of short.. 18" or so.

also want to mention to those attending.. bring some music you are familar with.. CD's you know like the back of your hand... you all might not like listening to my ABBA greatest hits after the 10th time :wink::tongue:
  • punk-roc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I just realized I have a bunch of random work-related stuff around this weekend, so I don't think I can make the drive over...

But if people wanted I could be persuaded to lend my Peachtree Nova or W4S (I need one in the house so I can listen to music) and/or my Dodd ELP to the cause..

Not sure if you would want to take on the responsibilty of transport Al (I live in Spokane too), but I thought I would offer it up in case people were interested

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I just realized I have a bunch of random work-related stuff around this weekend, so I don't think I can make the drive over...

But if people wanted I could be persuaded to lend my Peachtree Nova or W4S (I need one in the house so I can listen to music) and/or my Dodd ELP to the cause..

Not sure if you would want to take on the responsibilty of transport Al (I live in Spokane too), but I thought I would offer it up in case people were interested

Jason

Bummer. Was looking forward to meeting you...
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jason,

The meet up is next weekend.. the 16th of the month... so is that still not workable?

I would be glad to take your Peachtree Nova if anyone is interested in hearing it.

AL

Jason
  • punk-roc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yeah... I am out the 16th, but I am glad to let your borrow the peachtree. even the dodd too if people want to hear it. Post here what you'd want to hear, lets assume Al and I meet up to lend the peachtree for now... maybe more =)

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bump, just trying to keep this fresh in the minds for the people who are looking to attend.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jeff, aka bikerboy,

hey bud, what a good day/time to call you this week before the meet?

Just wanting to touch bases with you for any last minute details...
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another bump to keep it fresh...

Brought my LS50's last year. I can bring my RTA8T's this time if anyone is interested in hearing them. I'm seriously gonna bring the Hitmaster. It's a cool little unit. I think Polk screwed the pooch marketing it only as a gaming monitor. I use it for multiple applications....
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another bump to keep it fresh...

Brought my LS50's last year. I can bring my RTA8T's this time if anyone is interested in hearing them. I'm seriously gonna bring the Hitmaster. It's a cool little unit. I think Polk screwed the pooch marketing it only as a gaming monitor. I use it for multiple applications....

funny, I use my Hitmaster more for streaming Pandora off the notebook computer when i'm outdoors working in the yard.. plenty of power and sounds good..

Psst! I actually have two of them... :wink:
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I talked with Jeff (bikerboy) this morning and he said things are all a go for this Saturday at 2pm.

hope you all can make it.... PM Jeff for his address.

these Northwest meets don't happen often.. so try and be there..
  • punk-roc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Did we want to try to meet up before you head out Al, so you can grab the Peachtree from me? Cameron (cambir) was interested in hearing the AQ Type 4 speaker cables too, I could send those along too if you guys want to add them to the demo list..

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Did we want to try to meet up before you head out Al, so you can grab the Peachtree from me? Cameron (cambir) was interested in hearing the AQ Type 4 speaker cables too, I could send those along too if you guys want to add them to the demo list..

Jason

sure, let me know if say Wed or Thurs evening works for you Jason. Send me your email or cell number via private message. and we can meet up at your place or mine.

I'll be glad to take over the Peachtree and anything else.

AL
  • bikerboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I tested the IPA and its the best ipa I have ever made. Clean and dry, hoppy but not too bitter. Kind of like the mancave. I hope to bbq if the weather isn't too ugly. Looking forward to this saturday. Good weekend to listen to music.

Jason- It would be cool hear the Dodd and the Peachtree. Too bad you can't make it.

Saturday 2pm Bring Your Ears!

Hitmaster?
  • danger boy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Saturday is almost here...

Jeff, glad the IPA is tasting yummy!

I'll be there right about 2pm.