A new addition to the family....

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited August 2003 in Speakers
I'm now the proud owner of SDA SRS 2's. I'll post some pics once they make it to the cave, at 130lbs each, they made it in the door - I need a break.

Everything is *mint* and 100% original. More to come, but just wanted you guys to know if I'm gone from the boards for an extended period, I'm getting my listen on.

Isn't life effin GREAT? God I LOVE my life, I LOVE my wife, and I LOVE my SDA's.

Cheers,
'Floating on air' Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• peckgary
    peckgary Posts: 37
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I could find a pair. I would trade one or both pairs of the SDA 2B's. What amp are you going to be driving them with?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Options
    $400

Currently using and Adcom 555 200wpc, which is headed to Hoosier21 (Russ A), then, the amp hunt will begin, until then a Rotel 960 will pull duty.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Sweet my man....now for those pics.Like to see the rig as well.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I'm now the proud owner of SDA SRS 2's. I'll post some pics once they make it to the cave, at 130lbs each, they made it in the door - I need a break.

Everything is *mint* and 100% original. More to come, but just wanted you guys to know if I'm gone from the boards for an extended period, I'm getting my listen on.

Isn't life effin GREAT? God I LOVE my life, I LOVE my wife, and I LOVE my SDA's.
    Not only do you love life, your wife, and your SDA's, but you also got to meet me. What a pleasure that was for you I'm sure......lol. ;) In all seriousness, was good meeting ya for a bit this past week. Good luck seperating those magnets.......still can't believe that they jumped outta my hands.....

Wish I coulda seen those beasts in person. I still have yet to actually see them and hear how they sound. Hopefully all is well. I'm for Hoosier just tellin ya to keep the amp and let it run those things.....How about it Hoosier....make Russ(not you) a happy man....:D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Just did a rough setup, checked to make sure the Rotel could power them, which it seems to do with ease.

No spikes, no wire mgmt, just a quick test, I'll clean it up later.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Oh, and Brett, it was damn fine to meet you brotha. You are welcome here ANYTIME.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Very nice...Russ:) congrats man;)

Har
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Nice addition to the family. Thumbs up..

Dan
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Congrats Russ daddy....so that was the upcomin deal, :)

Nice deal indeed! Have fun with 'em!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2003
    Options
    New addition to the family huh?

So they look like twins. Boys or girls?? How about some cigars??

Seriously, man those look killer. I bet they sound killer too.

Congrats man.

P.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Good to hear! I'm jealous. They look pretty fresh indeed.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • scottdawg
    scottdawg Posts: 166
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Great addition there Russ. Mine are sittin here waiting on someone to buy a common ground amp. Where did you steal them from at $400. Thats a deal but I got ya by $50. If yours have the pin/blade config then you can use the A1 interconnect cable for non common ground amps and it would be post 1987 build.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Scott - Are you selling a pair also???
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2003
    Options
    COOL!

Nothing like BIG speakers.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • scottdawg
    edited July 2003
    Options
    dorok- they are not for sale, hope that post didnt imply that. That someone Im referring to is me. Since the amp I did get happened to be a floating ground amp.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2003
    Options
    what did you get for an amp??
  • scottdawg
    edited July 2003
    Options
    B & K ST3030. 200wpc @ 8 ohms
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    SD - Oh ok, yea I read into it perhaps, no problem....I would think you had lost your marbles selling them anyhow :)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words fellas.

They are twin girls, and I'm buying a shotgun tomorrow, so don't any of you effers even *think* about doing a smash and grab. On that note, I told the lovely Brandy, that hell, if we ever got robbed, these might be the only things left.

15inch PR, the pic doesn't really do justice, they are effin MONSTERS. I love everything, down to the little gold badge on the front with Matt's signature.

Gid and Dor, couldn't have done it without you. You guys bought the gear that put this purchase 'in the bag'. I thank you for acting, and acting quickly, I mean that.

Blade/Blade here, these are the originals, and for all intents and purposes, FRESH out of the box.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Jeez, can't forget to thank Russ A either. Now, let me show you how much of a tease I can be.

What the **** do I do with my CRS+'s now? They can't stay here, gotta go.

heh heh
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Russ you are a dawg, those are identical to the ones that I had and a pure pleasure to listen to even if they were a bit under driven being that I only had them powered with an 80 watt per reciever. I wish to hell and back that I had never let mine slip out the door and have kicked myself in **** over and over again for doing so. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did mine and congrats on the new additions to the mancave. P.S..... if you ever get tired of them you can always send them to Tn.:D

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • TroyD
    edited July 2003
    Options
    ****, you KNOW where those CRS's are going to wind up. I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

I hope gidrah and doro enjoy MY stuff.

Don't toy with my emotions.

non-SDA havin' BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    No problem Russ daddy, its all for the greater good, lets keep it in the family :)

I am feeling a super inside Polk forum deal, which is how it should be, keep Polk in the forum if possible.

This forum is the only genre that appreciates its own.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Troy - We support anything from you hoss! Slap mags, and stay on target.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited July 2003
    Options
    They look like there in great condition....Sweet man.

(I'll wait for the cleaned up version with wire management..LOL)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I leave on vacation and have Russman run down an amp for me, and look what happens.

I am mad that I missed the house cleaning sell ;) Dude you have lost your NADs

I guess you won't be needing those stands for the CRS+'s anymore, problem solved. (well Troy will now need some stands, see what I can come up with for ya Troy)
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I'm sure I'll enjoy your stuff BDT. Now hurry up and get stateside so we don't have to do all this meandering about and you can give me your stuff directly.:)
    Make it Funky! :)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Congrats on the great deal.
    Um....is your equipment rack leaning up against the rear wall? It looks kinda like it is standing only on the front two legs.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Options
    The third single leg is there, just hit on the pic on the right angle.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2003
    Options
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited July 2003
    Options
    looks good & enjoy

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Russ,

Are these on the long or the short wall? Right channel looks a tad close to the side wall.

Anyway nice nab on the 2's... they are cute little things...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD