if money was no object...

Options
2»

Comments

• Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited July 2003
    Options
    How about an Optimus reciever (25 watts route mean squared) and cassette deck from radio shack and a 79 dollat 0ne bit dac single load JVC from circuit city and radio shack 20 gauge speaker wire and stock innerconnects out of the Optimus box and KLH bookshelf speakers with 6 inch woof's...WELL HELL IS WAS ONLY A DREAM..ACTUALLY A DAMN NIGHTMARE--Then i woke and went and turned on my system number one and smiled--boy was i relieved..
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Speakers - 16 Supravox per side (possibly augmented by plasma tweeters)
    Subs - 2 EdgarHorn Seismics
    Amps - 32 McIntosh MC1201
    Turntable - Rockport Technologies System III Sirius & Audio Note IO-J cartridge
    Preamp - Marantz 7C

Haven't decided ICs or speaker wire yet.

I wonder how much it would cost to have 36 20amp lines run.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Macintosh--sholy hit batman !!
    I forgt about those fantastic amps..
    Fantastic
    Fantastic
    Fantastic amps..
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Without going to the mega buck systems, I'd like some LSi25 up front, a Linn CD player powered by top of the line Audio Research pre and amp.

Maurice
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited July 2003
    Options
    a pair of Krell FPB 600
    Krell KCT refrence pre
    Wadia 861 CD
    AudioQuest Everest speaker cables
    AudioQuest Amazon Interconnects
    Genesis 1.1

Although I can't ever imagine spending this much because I am so cheap. Even if I had all that money, I am sure I would compromise and buy something completely different.
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Well hell if money were no object, I'd just pay the damn bands to come over and give me a live performance...my own personal concert!! Now that you can not beat even with a multi-million dollar system...
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Now that Russ killed Russ..........

Your dream system........what really moved you and why?What was it about that system that made you dream about it???

You know as evil as Russ(Evil Russ that is) was,he did have a point.High end gear is extreme but at what point does it tickle you???Get you feeling all warm and fuzzy?

I believe awhile back I expressed my opnion about Dynaudio and Krell.........I still to date haven't heard anything that was better.....or better put moved me like that.

Emotional experience for me......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If money is no object, why not have a system built to your own specifications? That way you're not paying a 60% retail mark up and all the money you're spending is actually going into the goods.;)

My dream 2 channel audio system (All components custom designed by me):

Speakers:

Updated SDA SRS speakers with top-of-the-line drivers and tweeters, premium crossover components, ultrapure heavy-gauge silver coated stranded copper internal wiring and SDA interconnect cable. Cabinets would be veneered in madrone burl wood and have the same approximate dimensions as my SDA 1.2TLs. Black silk crepe grille cloths. 24K gold binding posts. All internal wiring terminated with silver solder. Acoustically inert MDF cabinets with heavy internal bracing to cancel resonances. 4 ohms impedance. 2000 watt power capacity per speaker.

Cost: $15,000

Power Amp:

2000 watt per channel power amp with premium MOSFET transistors biased class A. Mammoth toroidal power transformers for each channel. 24K gold binding posts. Ultrapure heavy-gauge silver coated stranded copper internal wiring. Premium components and Mil-spec circuit boards. Balanced (XLR) interconnect jacks. Heavy brushed aluminum black chassis.

Cost: $10,000

Pre Amp:

Premium MOSFET transistors biased class A. Large toroidal power transformers for each channel. 24K gold binding posts. Precision, ultra low noise potentiometers for balance and volume controls. 24K gold XLR input/output jacks for CD and Phono. RIAA phono amp stage accurate to +/- 0.0001 dB. Ultrapure heavy-gauge silver coated stranded copper internal wiring. Premium components and Mil-spec circuit boards. Balanced (XLR) interconnect jacks. Heavy brushed aluminum black chassis. Phase reversal/mono/stereo switch. Remote control.

Cost: $8,000

CD Player:

Premium MOSFET transistors biased class A in the analog output stage. Large toroidal power transformers for each channel. Ultra precise, ultra low jitter master clock. 24 bit DACs. 24K gold XLR output jacks. Ultrapure heavy-gauge silver coated stranded copper internal wiring. Six repeat modes including A-B repeat. Dark red legible display. All control functions of the remote duplicated on the faceplate. Premium components and Mil-spec circuit boards. Heavy brushed aluminum black chassis. Remote control. CD remote can control preamp.

Turntable:

Belt driven turntable with three point floating suspension and sorbothane damping feet. Integrated straight, twin pipe tonearm/MC cartridge system. Two piece heavy aluminum turntable platter. Sapphire spindle bearing. Ultrapure silver/copper litz internal wiring. 24K gold XLR output jacks.

Interconnects

8 gauge stranded silver coated copper 1 meter interconnects with 24K gold connectors.

Cost: $750 per 1 meter pair

Speaker Cables

0 gauge stranded silver coated copper with 24K gold connectors.
    10 feet per side.

Cost: $1000 per 10 foot pair.

Audio Rack

Black steel 4 tier rack with black granite shelves. Machined aluminum isolation cones for each component.

Cost: $1500

Total system cost: $53,750.

All that ought to keep the upgrade beast at bay for a couple of months.;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited July 2003
    Options
    raife1,

that is brilliant, you win the prize so far. the only thing missing in there is an aluminum garbage can.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Couple of big Carver amps, driving a couple of big Carver Amazing Platinum speaks. Maybe an original AR-XA turntable cause I miss those.

Then take the balance of whatever is left over from "if money was no object", and give it to underpriviledged or handicapped people.

Or.. you could take all the extra money and have all the Bose owners re-programmed for acceptable behavior.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If money were no object, I would personally square-up all of Wangotango's bad deals on the Polk forum so that Hoosiers get a better reputation.