Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Options

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The next time we're all on I'm going to break out the Kodak Zi8 and record us all playing in HD. Should be cool and hopefully it turns out nice. I'll set up the tripod and give it a shot in order to do some testing prior to.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not with my foul mouth there, sherard. best break out the "bleep" button!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Anyone play this on a PC? Can a PC player join you guys? I haven't played online since QuakeIII. Do you have to pay to play online?
    Thanks
    Ben

You only have to pay to play online on the Xbox. Unfortunately, no cross-platform play. (Which may be a good thing. The PC gamers would mop us up. Keyboard/Mouse > controller)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ister wrote: »
    I just got my ps3 recently and was going to get black ops, however it won't be getting it because besides all the crashing and freezing issues you can damage your system by turning off your ps3 improperly only turn it off by holding in the front power button for 5 seconds same as any computer.

For what it's worth, the "fix" seems to have stabilized it. I made it through 10 games last night without any freezing. I'll keep an eye on it.

I think i'm back at level 29 already. :smile:
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For what it's worth, the "fix" seems to have stabilized it. I made it through 10 games last night without any freezing. I'll keep an eye on it.

What was the fix? I was not dropping off as much as you were yesterday but I was getting fustrated. I am wondering if your fix would help my issues as well.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BIZILL wrote: »
    not with my foul mouth there, sherard. best break out the "bleep" button!

Yeah, my mouth isn't much better. Maybe we can shoot for this Friday night? I will be on before that but not too many of us are on during the week at night.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2011
    Options

Did you assign a static IP and then forward ports? That's what ended up working for me. I've had no problems since.

And dude, you are making rank at a breakneck pace! You managed to pass me by a pretty good chunk in about 1 day's time.

And HOLY HELL at the hangover I had Sunday. I could barely see straight; no wonder I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Glad I got my AK74 back; life is good again :biggrin:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You only have to pay to play online on the Xbox. Unfortunately, no cross-platform play. (Which may be a good thing. The PC gamers would mop us up. Keyboard/Mouse > controller)

Thanks Bro:smile:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    What was the fix? I was not dropping off as much as you were yesterday but I was getting fustrated. I am wondering if your fix would help my issues as well.
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Did you assign a static IP and then forward ports? That's what ended up working for me. I've had no problems since.

And dude, you are making rank at a breakneck pace! You managed to pass me by a pretty good chunk in about 1 day's time.

And HOLY HELL at the hangover I had Sunday. I could barely see straight; no wonder I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Glad I got my AK74 back; life is good again :biggrin:

The fix was for the game itself freezing, not my connection issues. My connection issues are really only because of my location to my ATT box, and not much i can do about it. Some days it's fine, others, not so much.

I'll link the fix that seemed to help the game hard-freezes when i get home tonite. :smile:

• shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    Yeah, my mouth isn't much better. Maybe we can shoot for this Friday night? I will be on before that but not too many of us are on during the week at night.

I have family in town so I probably wont be in until next week sometime.
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2011
    Options
    reported for having in-laws in town? C'mon... I jest, I jest!:biggrin:

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Zeros
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Roll call! Is anyone going to be on Xbox Live tonight?
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Inn!
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I probably will (PrasVT) - would be fun to play Black Ops w/ some Polkies.

Silly job has been getting in the way of playing the last 2 days..ugh.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Zeros
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Friend request send.

Hey, did Demi change his gamertag?
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll be there!
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hadf a blast tonight with Zeros, Grimmie, and Sherard....glad to play with some of the old gang again.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I played for a little bit last night but I was only able to make it through one complete game without the servers having issues. I just gave up in frustration.
  • Zeros
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hadf a blast tonight with Zeros, Grimmie, and Sherard....glad to play with some of the old gang again.

Yeah, it definitely was a good time. I might be on again tonight. Going to go change my NAT setup right now actually.
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2011
    Options
    maybe tonight. didn't play last night cuz wuz preparing for an early shooting outing in the morning today.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Awesome. Just tried to get on, and the first two games i tried to join both hard-froze my PS3.

I think i'll be sending an extremely irate letter/email to them. This is beyond ridiculous. Hands down the buggiest game i've ever seen in my entire life.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I love it when you humiliate the hell out of someone so badly over and over and over that they send you a message with their nerd rage:

demipussycamper.jpg

I gave him the ever annoying "lol, u mad, bro?" :tongue:
  • HTguru1982
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cool story, bro!
  • Grimster74
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Okay, I know I said I wasn't gonna do it but I did it, prestiged. Just got bored with it like all the other times I said I wasn't gonna do it and ended up doing it anyways. Hope to see you guys online sometime this week or weekend.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Family is gone now so I should be on Friday night if not before.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Okay, I know I said I wasn't gonna do it but I did it, prestiged. Just got bored with it like all the other times I said I wasn't gonna do it and ended up doing it anyways. Hope to see you guys online sometime this week or weekend.

I've already prestiged twice in BO compared to only prestiging twice the entire time I mw2.It doesn't seem like its as hard to level up, plus since killstreaks to count towards eachother, the strella (or stingers) aren't as important.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • HTguru1982
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm off work tonight so I should be on. Hope to see you guys.
  • Zeros
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Grimster74
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anyone else using Verizon Fios for your connection. For some reason my NAT setting has changed to moderate and I can't get it back to the open setting. All port forwarding is the same and nothing or any of the settings have changed. Tried rebooting the router and still the same thing. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you correct it?