Personal Home Theater build, updated whenever

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,935
    jmk9047kb269.jpgg0yod71vbbdn.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    I'm playing the center and surrounds right now, sounding good

I modified the center with Mr 50 resistors, clarity cap mr and cmr, will be Curtis to see how it performs
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Temp setup (hopefully obvious) but all in all I am impressed with the initial results. Cant dial in much with everything on the floor and restricted menu without a screen

ao9xmox1t89m.jpg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    From experience doing a HT build out 10 years ago, you are going to live in that room for a week straight after it’s finished. So exciting. Congrats sir.
  • VR3
    edited August 2018
    Thank you, it's addictive

I'm watching a movie now and it's intense... Whole structure shifted
  • VR3
    All I can say is thank you to everyone who planted the infinite baffle subwoofer bug....

Surpassed every expectation, never experienced a sub like it and I've heard some of the best...
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    That's what I've heard about IB. From my SQ car audio days, some of the more accurate sub bass systems I've heard were IB. I met the late Tom Nousaine years ago but never got to listen to his massive IB system. The system used eight 15" TC Sounds drivers in the basement, it may have been expanded at some point I think? For years I said I was going to try to set up a demo of his system. I passes his town everyday on my way to and from work, damn!

I've though about doing one in the basement myself...but too chicken to cut into the floor.

Enjoy that build! but, stop watching movies and get back to work before procrastination sets in. LOL!

Looking good man!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • VR3
    Thank you sir

The IB set up is worth it, cut pots of holes in the floor and make it work! It's amazing

I cut in my floor boxes for the speaker wire runs.. The boxes also hold an outlet in their own box... Did this in the event I ever want to run powered towers for fun or whatever8n2nk0cbv0aw.jpg
  • VR3
    Looking to have the doors on tomorrow... All you will see are 2 speakers and a TV...

rl6vqlkku8vw.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    So much better than the first time we rebuilt that living room.
  • VR3
    Thank you kind sir

And yes, getting rid of that chimney and doing the pop out... Worth it

We ran 14 outlets in the cubby plus one at each main... So we are juiced up with 60 amps of Russ current
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    Nice work.

Bet you're glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel...def long time coming.
  • VR3
    Thank youthink the wife is angrier now than before because I keep watching movies lol
  • VR3
    edited August 2018
    I like the look. Random accident the guides match the Utopias.. Hahai do have ventilation in the rack, two fans mounted over amp and receiver venting upwards...

The black box you can see below the TV is an exhaust fan pushing air out into the room

sxx4uaa0aal8.jpg
  • VR3
    edited September 2018
    Hard to tell but the whole house is falling down right now.

One thing is for sure, I reconfigured the rack where all of the gear is back facing back And using .5 meter interconnects and being able to route cables where no power touches low voltage... Pretty awesome

Different pair of Utopias in this pic

9vpd2x9y6ood.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Blinds.....I miss the towels. :(

Looks great! Is that "The Delorean" doing a burnout by a fountain?!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • VR3
    Yes! The race scene is incredible!

Thank you
  • VR3
    Granite platforms really brought the tweeter height to a good point

e7cybc0pqt4y.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    So what's this room looking like now?
  • VR3
    Half bath primed, some light drywall touch ups... Maybe painted by this weekend... Hmmm

There is a fan installed under the drywall, will cut it out after I paint the ceiling...

n6dqrfnsqrdg.jpg
    sv0u2osgx7n3.jpg
    3p2k8rjehgnf.jpg
    d7hi8gzf2ksl.jpg

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,972
    VR3 wrote: »
    Different pair of Utopias in this pic

9vpd2x9y6ood.jpg
    I know what happened to the old ones :) And I do believe I see a Maggie trying to hide on the left. Hope it wasn't too difficult getting the socks back on :p
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    I did end up selling the Maggie's to a local audiophile. Fun speakers for sure, surprised me. I have to much stuff around here as it is.

Will have base trim and new flooring in soon, then I can pull the Utopias back out!
  • VR3
    Little craftsman style, throw back to the origins of my house, Ala 1902!

4sz8mrew3e3j.jpeg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    only 3 nails ???

:D:D:D
  • VR3
    Yeah...

I will say the worst advice I've been given so far was putting up corner bead with staples... Obviously that person has never had an infinite baffle subwoofer lol

Let's just say that lasted maybe a few movies before I had to rip it out and do it the one hundred screw method
  • VR3
    edited March 2019
    Coming together though... Flooring here maybe in a few weeks

i0baushu648x.jpg

Using 16 ft trim pieces so no seams

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Trey why not just make some grills around those openings? Is that paneling permanent or just to keep dust at bay for now?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    edited March 2019
    The paneling below the TV?

That's where all of the gear is... Those are the doors for now, I have fans inside and one below the TV that pushes air out.

They slide open and such as normal cabinet doors. No real reason for any grills or transparent doors.

The primary goal of the ht was discrete, wife friendly anesthetics. She didn't ask for that, but I know she would appreciate it.

Plus I'm 110% over the clutter that comes with having gear and speakers everywhere
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Gotcha. Then it’s perfect.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very very clean Trey. Great job