Another round of SDA Circuit Boards - Maybe

Options
Trey has 6 sets left and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have another run made.

Is there enough interest to warrant a run of 25 sets (anything less is just not worth it). Or should I just stop before I get stuck with a bunch of boards I have no use for and be out a chunk of change.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's wired I just got a message saying my response to your question would be posted as soon as it was approved.

Just goto my or Trey's vr3mods.com site.
    Post edited by gimpod on
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    That's wired I just got a message saying my response to your question would posted as soon as it was approved.

Just goto my or Trey's v3rmods.com site.

vr3mods.com

b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • gimpod
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SORRY! :blush: I'm on drugs today, come to think of it I'm on drug everyday. :tongue:

Thanks, Just fixed it. Thank god for the one hour edit.
  • gimpod
    Options
    Same as all the others $100.00 a set. It's the same board for all the forth and fifth gen SDA's 2B/CRS+, IC, SRS 2 (Pin/Blade), 3.1TLL, 1.2 and the 1.2TL

Check out my web site or you can order them here from, Trey Custom Not Polk SDA Circuit Boards Pair
  • gimpod
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Duplicate post. Man you just gotta love this forum software. NOT!
    Post edited by gimpod on
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Tony, it's like Larry's rings. As soon as they are no longer available, everyone wants them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    If you build them...they will come.

Go for it. Sooner or later you'll sell every one of them. I felt the same way about the polyurethane front suspension bushings for Toronado/ElDorado, but I commissioned a second run; and I'm almost out of those.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Hey,
    Ya know me, I am willing to help where I can... :) The Gimpod boards are great and have been an excellent modification for me...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    Options
    I'd take a pair for my CRS+s
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • VR3
    Options
    I have some available, I can include them in your harness shipment.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    Options
    Make it so, Trey.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Schurkey wrote: »
    If you build them...they will come.

Go for it. Sooner or later you'll sell every one of them. I felt the same way about the polyurethane front suspension bushings for Toronado/ElDorado, but I commissioned a second run; and I'm almost out of those.
    I am looking for a 66 Toro as we speak. needs to be a decent car that can be enjoyed a bit, and I am stunned by how much coin they are going for these days.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Are the boards necessary on the TL mod on the 2B's and CRS+? I need to do these mods and keep putting it off. I'm still undecided which ones to mod first. I'm leaning towards the CRS+s first.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I may take another set.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    Options
    Are the boards necessary on the TL mod on the 2B's and CRS+?

They aren't necessary for any SDA, but they make it MUCH easier and Tony's boards are of MUCH higher quality.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Tony I would be interested in a set.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    They made the entire upgrade painless and easy. They provide the extra working room for the much larger caps.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Yeah, after doing 3 sets of SDA's with Tony's boards; I must say it's doing SDA crossovers for "dummies". :smiley:

If you have SDA's or plan on buying some in the future, you need a set or 3 of these boards.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    Options
    I must say it's doing SDA crossovers for "dummies".

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I must say it's doing SDA crossovers for "dummies".

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dummies-20-year-logo.gif
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gimpod
    Options
    Hey all I just a quote from a company that can do 2 colors (black on top and green on bottom) Which if they can meet my standards I will do. But first I'm seeing if they'll run off a single set so I can check the quality and if they do then were in business.
  • VR3
    Options
    That's awesome
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    Hey all I just a quote from a company that can do 2 colors (black on top and green on bottom) Which if they can meet my standards I will do. But first I'm seeing if they'll run off a single set so I can check the quality and if they do then were in business.

Sounds like a good plan
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    What do these cost? I may also be interested
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Seems very reasonable. Do folks mount the larger erse sub bass complimentary inductors on these boards also or remote mount those?
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Just a suggestion, maybe use google docs like they do for the group buys at diy audio. Folks enter their name, what they want. Once you get to or past the number of boards that makes it worthwhile, you close the GB and make your order.

https://www.google.com/docs/about/

An example.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L6k7HAUnjGq9E8KBfIGz6SJ-vrsQGGyQrV-R8c4qBG0/edit?usp=sharing
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    I'd be in for a set. Thanks, @Gimpod.
    Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • gudnoyez
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oops wrong thread my apologies
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    ^^^^^
    unless it was possible to change the words to say " A Briefcase full of Circuit Boards" B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    Options
    Still no love for the original SDA-SRS's (non 1.2/1.2tl)?