psw505 blowing fuses

Options
I recently moved from one house to another. When I went to hook up my system at my new house I noticed my sub wouldn't power up. I checked the fuse and it was blown, so I replaced it, only to hear the new ones pop every time. I've had it 2 years now, is there anything I can do? Any help would be great.
Thx
Bret

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Bret,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. You're well within Polk's warranty period, give them a call at 1-800-377-7655 or send them an email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com. Give them your contact information, a brief description of the problem and the unit's serial number and date and place of purchase.
    They'll get you working again.
    Regards, Ken
  • bweitzell
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info... I've been beside my self on what to do.
  • GeoffNolette
    Options
    I had the exact same problem ... brought it to a local shop to have someone take a look ( as I am electronically illiterate) as the location I bought the Sub from doesn't have a service dept.

Long story short .... service guy calls back says issue is in Power supply and replacement parts are about $200 ... Warranty on piece was 3 years ... I found my receipt .... purchased June 2016 .... Now what ?

Ken?? Do I bother or fixing @ $200 or try Polk CS?? Or just accept defeat and buy something different all together??

Any thoughts
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Call Support @GeoffNolette
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm going to assume you are a U.S. resident. All you need to do is ask the service center to give you the amplifier assembly without reinstalling it into the cabinet. Package up just the amplifier and send it to: Polk Service, One Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081. Include a short note giving them your name, address, email address and a copy of your sales receipt. Polk will quickly send you a new replacement amplifier at no charge. Let me know when you've received it and I will explain how to put it back into the enclosure (easy job).
    Regards, Ken
  • GeoffNolette
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm going to assume you are a U.S. resident. All you need to do is ask the service center to give you the amplifier assembly without reinstalling it into the cabinet. Package up just the amplifier and send it to: Polk Service, One Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081. Include a short note giving them your name, address, email address and a copy of your sales receipt. Polk will quickly send you a new replacement amplifier at no charge. Let me know when you've received it and I will explain how to put it back into the enclosure (easy job).
    Regards, Ken

No Canada .... Purchased in Winnipeg, MB.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In that case telephone Walter Moser, the Canadian manager, at: 1-817-660-6601 or via email to: Walter.Moser@soundunited.com
  • GeoffNolette
    Options
    I did receive his contact info via Polk CS . THx for the info I will follow up with Walter ... see what he can do for me.

Geoff
  • piet_delaney
    Options
    I also apparently have a bad power supply in my psw505.
    How much is a replacement power supply?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    It would be best to contact Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 and follow prompts to parts department.