MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Does this mean we have to finish the banisters now?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2005
    Options
    You betcha' brother :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2005
    Options
    If Micah has to ride on my lap again, I'm not coming.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Here is some information concerning in house demo's for Saturday....not counting what some members will bring to the event:

Home Theatre(Downstairs-Dungeon)
    RCA D52130 HDTV (RPTV)
    B&K AVR307 (AVR)
    DENON DVD-3910 (DVD)
    POLK Reference Tuner (XM)
    POLK RTi-38 (Front)
    POLK FXi-30 (Surround)
    POLK CSi-40 (Center)
    SVS PB2-ISD (Sub)
    SIGNAL CABLE (Analog/Digital/Power/Speaker)

2CH - MAIN(Upstairs-Living Room)
    SDA CRS(MOD + Special :) /MAGNEPAN 3.5R(MOD)
    CTC BBQ (Amplifier)
    SVS 25-31PCi (Subwoofer)
    SONY SCD-555ES (SACD)
    CARY SLP-2002 (MOD - Tube Pre-Amp)
    MIT SHOTGUN S3 (Speaker/ Interconnects)
    ADONA AV45G (Audio Rack)
    SIGNAL CABLE/PS AUDIO (Power)

2CH - SECONDARY - ALL TUBE RIG(Upstairs-Spare Room)
    MISSION ARGONAUT
    ANTHEM PRE-2L (Tube Pre-Amp)
    ASL WAVE 20 (Tube Monoblocks)
    SIGNAL CABLE/ KIMBER KABLE (Analog/Power/Speaker)

SOURCE (TBD)

HEADPHONE RIG/COMPUTER RIG(Computer Room/Den)
    MISSION MS-50
    CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (Integrated)
    AUDIGY/ COMPUTER (CDP/Source)

CONSONANCE CYBER 20 (Headphone Amplifier)
    SENNHEISER HD580 w/ CARDAS MOD (Cans)

SOURCE (TBD)

Just as a side note, I have an alarm and am fully armed for after hours visits. I have been saving a couple jugs of acid for just the right moment, in other words, please visit during the daytime.

The lineup may get larger as folks bring gear to trade....sell....and demo. Remember, we also sell gear at these gatherings, so don't forget your wallet.

Their will also be manufacturer support OTHER than POLK, but that's for later, meanwhile I'll just sit back and giggle.

I have some other speakers floating around for demo, but we'll have to see how things go I guess.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Thanks, Mark.

As always any thing you work out would be great, but if not don't worry.

Thanks

Steve :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Mark -
    The wife & I would love to try and make it. Sounds like a perfect bike trip! :)

Dan
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by shack
    I left Mark's at 10:00 AM....took the scenic route (didn't hit the interstate for 3 1/2 hours) and made it to my driveway in N. Knoxville by 7:00 PM with several sightseeing stops along the way. I've made it from my house to Warner Park in 1 1/2 hours. It is interstate the whole way if you choose to do so. You could make it from Shallowford Rd to Doro's in 8 1/2 to 9 hours pretty easy if you book it. It is an easy drive from Chattanooga.

That aint bad at all. I live on East Brainerd road about 2 miles from I-75 and Shallowford so thatll be about right.

Im planning on taking Thursday off to make the trip up. With it only taking 9-10 hours me and the missus will be able to cruise around Baltimore and sight see a bit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai: "Just as a side note, I have an alarm and am fully armed for after hours visits. I have been saving a couple jugs of acid for just the right moment, in other words, please visit during the daytime."

Damn........there goes the smash and grab idea. :D
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai

Just as a side note, I have an alarm and am fully armed for after hours visits. I have been saving a couple jugs of acid for just the right moment, in other words, please visit during the daytime.

Mark,

Did I ever tell you I have 15 years experience in the Alarm business! Besides being a telephone switchman / carrier person your ALARM doesn't scare me. Also note I eat Lemon’s, taste battery acid so that doesn't scare me either. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Everyone at HQ is very excited about the weekend. It will will be great to see you gentleman and ladies again.

I will get Hedy to see what kind of rates she can get around town. We will post here as we find out more.

Does anyone want to guess how many rooms we'll be looking for?

Al
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Man would I love to be able to attend, but once again I'm booked for that weekend. :(
  • TroyD
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Damn, Bob....was looking fwd to meeting up with a true audio legend!

BDT
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Mark, I can add the Scott Nixon Analog Design CDP to your all tube setup if you can't get one elsewhere.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • SDA SRS 1.2
    SDA SRS 1.2 Posts: 255
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Hoping we can make it, also. Please keep us posted on hotel rates, etc. Looking forward to meeting some fine folks! :)

Robbie
    Main System: Polk SDA SRS 1.2 Speakers, Sunfire Signature 600~two Amp, Carver C-16 Preamp, Carver TX-11b Tuner, Marantz 6350Q TT, Philips CDR-775 Recorder, Teac V-707RX Cassette Deck, Signal Cable Double Run Speaker Cable

Upstairs Den: Marantz 2325 Receiver, Marantz 5220 Cassette Deck, Marantz HD-880 Speakers, Marantz 6370Q TT

Exercise (Kabuki speaker) Room: Kenwood KR-9600 Receiver, Pioneer CS-99a Speakers, Sansui SP-X9000 Speakers (not pretty, but LOUD! :) )
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Options

Oh thats ok. I have some chloroform, duct tape and a pickup! Daytime's fine with me! :D:p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • joelll
    joelll Posts: 120
    edited June 2005
    Options
    This sounds so cool... and for once, mid-September is free on my calendar. I've just wandered back into the forums after a few years (I was on the old forum, but haven't had much to say since I've had the same early-model RTA-12's all this time.)
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Hey Doro...
    I too will try to make it. Being that I will most likey arrive via crop duster, I won't be able to bring any gear. I will on the other hand, bring a sacrificial lamb and a much better blues disc than the one I sent oh so many years ago.

Brad
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Brad - No problem, just get here, no holds barred....don't be a last minute cancellation.

OK folks, this is it, ramp up to Polkfest!!!!!

If you really want to make your voice known, want to see how things happen, meet the people who MAKE those things happen, etc etc......FRIDAY is your chance to see the Polk machine.

I digress, as this isn't a manufacturing facility, it's more than that....it's Polk central....the Braintrust.

There are ALOT of amazing folks that create Polk Audio products.

Do you wanna meet and shake hands with some of these ppl?

Do you want to meet the AMAZING customer support team?

Do you want to see the "K" machine?

Do you want to see some Polk sponsored vehicles?

Polk Audio has a reputation of high quality, high performance speakers and they BUST **** to create their products.

Get off YOUR proverbial **** to visit, enjoy, perhaps say "Hello" and "Thanks" to the crew :D

Polk Audio doesn't just say "Hey, stop by when you have time...", you must realize this is RARE to have access to POLK HQ and it's minions ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    The basic, local travel information will be available within 2 weeks. If you have special requests or questions, please email me directly. dorokusai@comcast.net

I'm working out particulars and will relay all information publically and/or privately.

We are attempting to solidify group rates and/or discounts, so please bear with us.

If you are SOLID, email me directly as this helps source rates and relay that information to the Polk family.

POLK AUDIO has always been very active and supportive of these Gatherings/Polkfests....don't let them down.

Get HOT, commit and get ready!

ANYONE with questions about this gathering, please contact me directly thru this thread or via email, dorokusai@comcast.net

I am always available.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Pencil me in. If i don't do this now... i might never. ;)

prob have to get there Thurs to make the Friday tour.

Look forward to the info Mark.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2005
    Options
    *cough* *cough* What about the amazing people that do the electronics? We're not just a speaker company anymore. ;)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I changed the line to "products" and certainly electronics are not overlooked, but I figured it was implied.
  • TroyD
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Again, definately in.

Prolly driving with some Sunfire/CJ tube gear in tow.

BDT
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I changed the line to "products" and certainly electronics are not overlooked, but I figured it was implied.

I'm just being a jerk :) Many congrats on getting this thing working. I'm sure it was interesting getting a date to work with all the major players at Polk.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm a definite. I've already got it the weekend reserved. I may come down Thursday night also, what time is "The Tour" scheduled for?

Regardless of the work schedule, it's being treated as a vacation.

This will be great!
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I will definatly be there, with my vehicle and new set-up.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Southwest airlines 3 day sale

just got the email today.. Southwest is having a$29 to $99 each way sale to Baltimore/DC. three day only sale.

check it out. might save some Polkies (like me) a huge amount on air fare to Polk fest 2005. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Southwest $179.90 roundtrip, ready to book....... Just 1 question this is the date right?

Also wife say's if Hurricane coming I'm out. So every pray for the Hurricane of weekend 9/16 to head for TroyD house (sorry dud) ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    The date is firm, purchase away.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Thank you.

Did I ever tell you you're the MAN

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics