Midwest Gathering

Options

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:
    The Chicago audio fest is coming up in mid-October at the Homewood Suites in Schaumburg. They have a website up and I'll post it as soon as I get home from work. This might be a good chance for Chicago area CP members to get together!

Sounds like it's worth a try. I know I'm pretty busy in October, but maybe something could be worked out :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    That might just be the way to get together. There would definitely be more gear to drool over there. :D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just so you guys know.....Polkfest 5 will be mid October '06 in Charleston SC

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:
    The Chicago audio fest is coming up in mid-October at the Homewood Suites in Schaumburg.

That would be great! Kind of a long drive for me :rolleyes: but I just might do it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Just so you guys know.....Polkfest 5 will be mid October '06 in Charleston SC

BDT

I didn't know Polk had 2 headquarters, does Matt work out of that office too? :p:D:)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    That would be cool....no, MDPolkfest '05 was an abberation to coincide with the Polk tour. Thanks to the hard work of dorokusai.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    That would be cool....no, MDPolkfest '05 was an abberation to coincide with the Polk tour. Thanks to the hard work of dorokusai.....

BDT

Mark is the man....One of the better abberation's I'd say. :D

H9
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Chicago Audio fest link

www.chicagoaudiofest.com/index.html
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:

Thank you Doug!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm interested. And this is totally do-able. A room for $89 bucks. Everybody bring your own gear. Time is the issue here. If we're gonna do it I gotta have attendence #'s. If you are definately IN for this year - October 14-16 - let me know and I'll get on this right away.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    bump
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hey, I think it's a great idea. It's too short notice for me. I have pretty solid plans that weekend. When it was first mentioned I knew this was going to be a problem. Oh well have fun...there will be other opportunities for me to meet some of you.

H9
  • halo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    H9 - Looks like you and SCompRacer are out on this. Hopefully this will be available next year. If we have more time it'll be easier to organize. I'll just have to visit with the nearest CP members one on one until next year or until we figure something else out. ;)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Gotta work that weekend, then moving back to Iowa.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I may be interested in this...
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Okay, let's get some clarification here. What is everyone interested in, the audio show in Chitown or a gathering at a member's home? If it's the latter, I'll start looking into a date/time that's convenient enough to get the maximum amount of members to attend.

As I stated a post or two ago, It'll take me awhile to get all the logistics in order and to get some personal matters finalized.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2005
    Options
    It would be easier fro me to get through Indy rather than Chi Town but Chi Town may be more sellable to the wife... Either way I'm interested
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • halo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'd go for either. One person needs to take charge and get this party started. I can't host as I don't have the room. If we go for the latter we've got time to put it together. If it's audiofest we need to move fast and so far two locals can't make it. Right now I'm not looking to the Audiofest - I'd rather be able to get as many people together as possible at one time that is good for everyone involved.
  • halo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I got a response from Audiofest and we are more than welcome!!! rooms are are still available at $89. each.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Bringing this subject back.........

I know summer might be difficult for many, but if everything goes as planned, I could host a gathering the weekend of June 11-12. It's only going to be the dog and me at home.....

Let's call this an "Interest Check"......

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I would be interested in attending!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2006
    Options
    This would be awesome. I know i don't even have a complete HT setup yet, but to hear everyone's gear, down some brewskies, meet the crowd... How about Kansas? Great plains for everyone to blast their speakers in... hehehe
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Ricardo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hmmm...

dkg999...it seems that it would be you and me....do you like dogs ????

:D:D:D

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2006
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    Hmmm...

dkg999...it seems that it would be you and me....do you like dogs ????

:D:D:D
    If dogs are allowed, I am in... :D:D

I am sure Gretchen would love to meet a few new playmates...

Michael

BTW - just a word of warning, she is afraid of thunder so we may have to be careful during our demos. Nothing will destroy a room like a 172# dog that desperately wants to leave.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Is that your St. Bernard????
    I remember him...after seeing him, I would let you in, but the dog will stay OUT...:)

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yeah I'll throw the hat in, as this is an interest check. If we can pick a date to work for eveyone and do it a few months early we shuld be good to go.

H9
  • halo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'd love to go but my tush won't tolerate a trip to Ohio. :o
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2006
    Options
    peersool wrote:
    I'd love to go but my tush won't tolerate a trip to Ohio. :o
    If you want to drive to Peoria (or therebouts) you and scomp can leave your vehicles at my place and we can all travel over in my van. (more room for gear that way) Just wanted to offer.

Of course it has to be on a weekend I am available but still it would save quite a bit on Gas to carpool for the ride.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • heiney9
    edited January 2006
    Options
    McLoki wrote:
    If you want to drive to Peoria (or therebouts) you and scomp can leave your vehicles at my place and we can all travel over in my van. (more room for gear that way) Just wanted to offer.

Of course it has to be on a weekend I am available but still it would save quite a bit on Gas to carpool for the ride.

Michael

But when would we have time to stop at Big Al's ? :D;) . You know to check out their sound system.

H9
  • Ricardo
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Ok then; we might have some quorum...

The dates would be fixed to June 10/11 if it's going to be at my place, which I'd love to share with the forum.

Summer..BQ time...if you have not tried my "special" tri tips "a la parrilla", you have not yet tried anything :)

Keep'em coming...

SOPA