13»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited February 2006
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    Ok then; we might have some quorum...

The dates would be fixed to June 10/11 if it's going to be at my place, which I'd love to share with the forum.

Summer..BQ time...if you have not tried my "special" tri tips "a la parrilla", you have not yet tried anything :)

Keep'em coming...

O.K i'll come for the tri-tips...if there happens to be some Polks and some other gear...well that's a bonus. But I really want the BBq :D:D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2006
    Options
    OK, I'll lock June 10/11 on my calendar. I think meeting at Big Al's in Peoria to check out the ... errr check the sound system ..... is a swell idea :D I have heard that their tweeters and woofers are very fine.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Cool, count me in for the June 10/11 thing, assuming we don't have some sporting event or vacation planned. I'd love to meet some of you guys and get my ears on some of your nice gear.

I'll bring some brewskies.

Adam
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited February 2006
    Options
    HTrookie, (Dude, its time for a name change)

June is still a ways out and I don't have any "other" plans yet.

Count me in.
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    Options
    nebborjk wrote:
    HTrookie, (Dude, its time for a name change)

June is still a ways out and I don't have any "other" plans yet.

Count me in.

Ooooooh no....still a rookie; too many things to learn yet :)

This is looking good; we might actually have a decent amount of members coming. Great!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I may want to attend. Your about five hours from the "Burgh". I'll keep the dates on the calendar. It would be nice to meet some of you folks!
    Carl

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    Options
    It'd be nice to show ya all a good time ;) Where are we meeting again? Am I invited? I don't take rejection well... just remember that.. muhahahahaha. Ahem.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Unfortunately...I won't be able to host the gathering on June 11/12; I am being pulled to support some projects in Latin America and will need to do some heavy travelling during the summer. Right now I do not have firm dates, but schedule is getting busy early June, and knowing how these things work I do not want to have everyone planning for that weekend and then call it off at the last minute.

It's a pitty because I really wanted to have some polkies over for some tunes, drinks and food.....we'l do it sometime in the near future.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman