Get to Rockford, IL on the 18th of November

124»

Comments

• ALL212ALL212 Posts: 642
    edited November 19
    I’m not sure if you noticed but I’ve almost gone invisible with dashing traces of gray and white.

Dale from the Chicago Audio Chaos group gifted me! We’ve traded stuff before but this came with tubes!

bzxanht8nzwm.jpeg

Food stuffs left behind went over to North Park Fire Dept. where my son is a fireman.
    Aaron
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,595
    edited November 19
    I'm like an Arizona car. No rust, some shine, but wore out with 350,000 miles on it....

And move that resistor! :)

Or.....

w5wqz1srjuyk.jpg

I moved the resistors on my soft start board so THAT wouldn't happen...

nbg5u2zirpql.jpg

xjladgvt7bt2.jpg

Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

Lol... toasty!!
    Aaron
    hle7y4ysqg30.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

Thanks to Rich’s magic mic I flattened my dip today.

Pillow at the port to bring down the 35hz spike and the bass traps on the inside of the speakers (between stereo cabinet and speakers) got the valley.

zih42545phzx.png
    tuppwljvj90q.png
    Aaron
    edited November 19
    Do a waterfall graph. Those are kewl! And informative.

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,563
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Thanks to Rich’s magic mic I flattened my dip today.

zih42545phzx.png
    tuppwljvj90q.png

Not sure if I should be somewhat aroused or not...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,125
    edited November 19
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Hey Carl what's up man. Rich was there great to meet up again.

I wish that I could have been there! I knew that Rich was going and looking forward to hooking up with you and the guys. Aaron is a great guy! I saw him once after an Axpona in Chicago. We listened to some tunes at Rich's place. Jay was there, DiPole Dan also.
    Carl

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,121
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Hey Carl what's up man. Rich was there great to meet up again.

I wish that I could have been there! I knew that Rich was going and looking forward to hooking up with you and the guys. Aaron is a great guy! I saw him once after an Axpona in Chicago. We listened to some tunes at Rich's place. Jay was there, DiPole Dan also.

He(Aaron) is a classy guy no doubt about that.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

holy cow them guys is old!*

Usually I'm one of the oldest there but not this time! Grey/white was the hair color of the day! lol

Ask Aaron to show you his next tube amp project.

Heck I'm half your age and fit in with that crowd!
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,476
    DSkip wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

holy cow them guys is old!*

Usually I'm one of the oldest there but not this time! Grey/white was the hair color of the day! lol

Ask Aaron to show you his next tube amp project.

Heck I'm half your age and fit in with that crowd!

Ain't no lie :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    Classy my A$$...

Passably polite if I feel like it would be as far as I would go.
    Aaron
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    Eh, don't sell yourself short Aaron, you are a classy gracious man. Although I did notice you happened to hide the wife, kids and even the dog from us goofballs. I think they were all hiding in the play house on the deck to tell the truth. Thought I saw you go out there with a plate of food. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    I have on good authority the first six words Aaron's wife said upon return to the house. "What happened to my living room?" :D

tonyb wrote: »
    Eh, don't sell yourself short Aaron, you are a classy gracious man. Although I did notice you happened to hide the wife, kids and even the dog from us goofballs. I think they were all hiding in the play house on the deck to tell the truth. Thought I saw you go out there with a plate of food. :)

Thanks!

You let your wife and kids IN the house?! Mine weren’t hiding, that’s where they live.
    The dog was visiting them. He’s normally allowed in.
    Aaron
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,308
    I have on good authority the first six words Aaron's wife said upon return to the house. "What happened to my living room?" :D

Which is OK, as long as his response wasn't
    "Ever see Risky Business?"
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

124»