RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    edited April 2018
    Options
    If they have to respray it in any fashion, I’d run away fast. Color matches are never perfect. Awesome looking car though
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Very nice John. They should bend over backwards to make you 1000% satisfied.
    I'll say.
    Can't blame you one bit for being upset.
    Absolutely.

What does this imbroglio say about FCA? To my way of thinking, it's nigh-on unbelievable they could eff up something like this. I mean, do they do better or worse when you buy a 500?

:(

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    IMHO, any kind of paint work will ruin its value. If your goal is to keep it low mileage & pristine to resell some time down the road, bail.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    IMHO, any kind of paint work will ruin its value. If your goal is to keep it low mileage & pristine to resell some time down the road, bail.

Not that my opinions matter one whit in this context, but I think that's an excellent point.

As I recall, a key part of the strategy was to buy the vehicle as an investment (not that I can find direct reference to that in the early posts in this thread from the OP). The investment potential of this particular vehicle may well be compromised, perhaps significantly, given the vagaries of the rarefied, high-end collectors' market.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited April 2018
    Options
    FCA is abysmal. I love the new Alfa's, but since FCA is involved, I'll never take a chance unless the track record magically gets a whole lot better over a long period of time.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    FCA is abysmal. I love the new Alfa's, but since FCA is involved, I'll never take a chance unless the track record magically gets a whole lot better over a long period of time.

I love my JGC...I hate dealing with FCA on ANYTHING.
    Example, earlier this week I took my Jeep in for an oil change. When I got home, I went to change the brakes on it and noticed the access panel in the skid plate for the oil plug was missing.
    So I shot a text to my buddy at the dealer (he's the parts manager).
    He said he found it in the trash next to the oil tech's station. When I asked WTF?, he sent me the following screenshot:
    9matzp4d0yft.jpg

So apparently, even though mine had one, it is not wanted/needed/blah blah blah.
    FCA...lol
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Have owned Dodge since the 80's and never a problem and never left stranded....a combo of Rams, Dakotas, Wranglers and now a challenger which is a 707 hp daily driver that delivers lots of smiles with every mile, now the fit and finish on the wife's Ford is a whole nuther story..............
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

I love my JGC...I hate dealing with FCA on ANYTHING.
    Example, earlier this week I took my Jeep in for an oil change. When I got home, I went to change the brakes on it and noticed the access panel in the skid plate for the oil plug was missing.
    So I shot a text to my buddy at the dealer (he's the parts manager).
    He said he found it in the trash next to the oil tech's station. When I asked WTF?, he sent me the following screenshot:
    9matzp4d0yft.jpg

So apparently, even though mine had one, it is not wanted/needed/blah blah blah.
    FCA...lol

Well -- On the bright side, they were able to explain why it wasn't there! :|

Reminds me of this:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160531
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited April 2018
    Options
    All brands are going to have their issues. Lead times and product developments and gov't regs means a much shorter life cycle and many times the early production models are the guinea pigs...............

But from what I've seen reported FCA is the terrible overall. Ever since FIAT and Marccione took over they have been much worse than before.

Full transparency, I've never owned a Chrysler product. Just going on what I read and what friends. family, co-workers and acquaintances and workers at the plant have experienced.

I don't want to turn this into an automobile war thread, it was simply an observation. For what the Demon is and what it costs, this type of thing is inexcusable.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    FWIW
    Drove next to a Jeep SRT...
    Saweeeeeet it had some serious low rumble and sounded like it had some fun ponies up front.
    Nice i liked. It was very close to the color if John's car.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    ///////\\\\\\\
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I declined the car today... let’s just say that orbital sander marks on the left front fender, under the base and clearcoats, and a THICK layer of polishing compound all over some areas in the engine compartment, door jamb did not sit well with me.

On top of that... they burned the new clearcoat on the top edge behind the bumper cover.

The car looks amazing despite the flaws, but there are just too many to justify spending that much coin.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Good. I wouldn't have accepted it either. Can they order you a different one?
    I declined the car today... let’s just say that orbital sander marks on the left front fender, under the base and clearcoats, and a THICK layer of polishing compound all over some areas in the engine compartment, door jamb did not sit well with me.

On top of that... they burned the new clearcoat on the top edge behind the bumper cover.

• NotaSuv
    Options
    Figure 125k to break even if you take it, so best to walk away for whatever the reason....they are quite the scary ride for some, and others live for the speed these beasts deliver...........pure balls to the wall neck snapping speed.....................
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Well at least you took it for a spin :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Wow man....sorry to hear it ended this way...upsets me they neglected the car and its not even mine.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As much as it sucks, you made the right decision.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I see a discounted Demon at Johns' Dealership in the near future. :(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I suspect that is the right choice. Now take that money and buy a pair of Magico M6 speakers, or the M3s with a few dollars left over for cables. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I vote for him getting some MBL speakers now. :pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I vote for him getting some MBL MBBL some speakers now. :pB)

Well ... after correcting some incorrect grammar in your suggestion, I think I'd be willing to help John out in this time of disappointment. o:)

Seriously, that would be hard to walk away from but that was the right choice.
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Well at least you took it for a spin :)

I did... I wish things were different, but as I said a while ago, for this money, I could get a Jag XFRS, and still have 30k left over. I would not accept anything less than perfection in the Jag at that price, so why should I accept this in a halo car from Dodge that deserved nothing but the very finest in attention to detail? I will be contacting Dodge tomorrow, but sadly I doubt they will care in the least.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    I'm sure they have a line of folks ready to buy your unit and won't think twice about the issues they caused you.
    Buy the Jag (or Giulia Quad) and be done with it.
    Take the extra cash and ... well put it in the bank.
    Was gonna suggest gear upgrades, but you're pretty much there already ...
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Any pics of the damage?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Such an unfortunate situation. Plus the fact that there were so many paws on the car after it left the plant. My friend picked up his new HellCat last year off the lot and we were astonished at how pristine the paint was on the car. No damages anywhere. I took a gamble when I bought my new car out of state crossing my fingers that there was no paint damage that couldn't be corrected without a repaint.

There were many scratches that took me a week to correct prior to having Paint Protection Film installed. I had the dealer send detailed pics. of the car prior to picking it up. Come to find out the jerk salesman that took the pics. had the stereo cranked while shooting the car. Didn't realize they were live photos till after the fact. Most people have zero respect for other peoples equipment. If you buy a new C8 when they come out ya might wanna opt for the museum delivery since it's across the street from the plant.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We're in the age of incompetence, gentlemen. I don't know what we do about that. My buddy just took delivery of one of those monster Camaro's (650HP), luckily his was built to order and flawless on arrival--but he got lucky. You'd think for $67k you wouldn't have to depend on luck.

Here's a pic of Bev just before she took a ride in this beast:

qws16g1jkwod.jpg

sbc1dc16dq59.jpg

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    We're in the age of incompetence, gentlemen. I don't know what we do about that. My buddy just took delivery of one of those monster Camaro's (650HP), luckily his was built to order and flawless on arrival--but he got lucky. You'd think for $67k you wouldn't have to depend on luck.

Here's a pic of Bev just before she took a ride in this beast:

qws16g1jkwod.jpg

sbc1dc16dq59.jpg

do you have an after photo?
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    Love the color combo, hood looks sharp...very nice ride there Sir
This discussion has been closed.