Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,378
6ujryuzg7nkf.jpg
yijzz7voxwyz.jpg
1uud48aqwg9g.jpg
Death Grip...

Comments

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,378
    edited May 24
    They even have some nice Rotel, and Marantz Gear!! I was like WTF am I really in a Best Buy??
    Death Grip...
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,934
    In a Salamander rack to boot!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Yep!! They have been remodeling for a while now..
    Death Grip...
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,365
    Ours in Woodbury carries all those favors. But it is a store within a store and it is called Magnolia . Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05
    That's the way this is, and has always been like that but never carried gear like this..
    Death Grip...
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,016
    Magnolia has always had that stuff haven't they?
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,699
    Not in the NC stores......
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,446
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Magnolia has always had that stuff haven't they?

Down here they do, Speakers Like the SF Liliums and a like
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,548
    Magnolia here in the Louisville has carried things like ML (both lines) and Vienna Acoustics, but, their electronics have been limited to Denon and Marantz (mosty AV).

I'll have to run by and see if they're on board with the McIntosh stuff.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,098
    Ours won't ever carry anything like this. They used to carry good quality gear then became a phone, computer and TV store. They barely carry media anymore.
    I miss the old best buy we had.
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,365
    Our magnolia has McIntosh, B&W,Martin Logan, a couple of 35k projectors , and such. Most are out of my budget so I rairly go there or go to the Bestbuy. It is fun to window shop there and talk to the salesperson to see if they know anything about what they are selling. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 1,999
    Too bad you still can't get your ears on any of the Signature speakers here.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,111
    McIntosh has starting offering their products through retailers such as Music Direct, Crutchfields, etc. and Best Buy. Supposedly their more "Entry Level" products.

If you want or can afford the higher end products, you still need to purchase from one of their Dealers. I would imagine their long time Dealers were more than a little upset when McIntosh started offering their gear "On Line" through these other venders.
    SDA SRS 3.1TL's/Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 519
    edited May 25
    Nothing new in the DFW area. Only a couple of the Best Buys, in the area, have the High End Magnolia. I have not been impressed with the knowledge of the sales professionals. But when I know what I want I stop in.

I purchased my McIntosh C-50 preamp from the one in Grapevine. Guy that I bought it from did not know much about it but I had done my research.

As far as which items they carry it seems that they can get the complete line. This differs from the mail/internet vendors which can only sell selected items.

They are much more prone to work on the price of these items. I know this frustrated the other dealers I was working with.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,475
    tratliff wrote: »
    I purchased my McIntosh C-50 preamp from the one in Grapevine. Guy that I bought it from did not know much about it but I had done my research.
    This has always been the common theme. I would never walk into ANY store to make a big purchase without doing my own due diligence. If i'm looking at a any piece of technology over $10...i am doing my own research.

Even if Best Buy spent the money to educate the employees, they have such a turnover rate that it would be a waste of money on their part. Niche products for niche people.

This is coming from a guy who worked at BB while in college. The place is loaded with numpties.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,634
    Yeah, they carry them. It still isn't a good place to get a demo in the Dallas area though. Rattling ceilings, walls, panels, vents... improper setups, too much gear crammed into a small space....

It's bad.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • Mr_HzMr_Hz Posts: 119
    I remember when Magnolia Hi-Fi (then it became Magnolia Audio-Video before being bought by Best Buy) was an independent chain of high end AV stereo stores, started in Seattle. Starbucks/REI/Nordstrom/Eddie Bauer/MS were not the only game in town....
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,273
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

:blush:
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• EmlynEmlyn Posts: 1,910
    edited June 10
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

English English. Sounds better than sitting in the pub with a pint and some pickled eggs and calling a person a Silly Billy.

The stores near me have the Magnolia section. What they don't have in stock they can order quickly. The young guys in there are very enthusiastic about the product at least.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Pioneer Elite SC-97; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 105D; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Samsung UHD 4K Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Parasound A21; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Marantz SA8004; Music Hall MMF7 and PS Audio NuWave phono pre; Technics SL-1200MKII and PS Audio GCPH phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Anthem Pre-2L SE pre and Parasound HCA-1500A amp; Squeezebox Touch; Wyred4Sound DAC2; MIT S3 cables
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,475
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

Hey, I have to look up words you use... ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,273
    Well, the funny thing is -- I am usually pretty good with British English (ahem, English English), having spent a fair amount of time there for various personal & professional reasons some years back... but that was a new one on me.

Most of my words are in the dictionary, too -- of course, I never even thought to look up numpties. Oops.

Oh, might I just add; from my perspective, pickled eggs are just not a good idea. I speak mainly of the, shall we say, afterglow.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,059
    Magnolia in my local BB has low end ML, B&W, All Denon/Marantz AV gear, and actually halfway decently set up. Interesting to see some locations carry McIntosh, would never have believed it.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,634
    Magnolia in my local BB has low end ML, B&W, All Denon/Marantz AV gear, and actually halfway decently set up. Interesting to see some locations carry McIntosh, would never have believed it.

McIntosh (tubes and monoblocks), Sonus Faber (high end), Martin Logan (even up to the flagship)... There are certain markets they have deemed worthy of true high end. They still don't know audio, but they do sell high end gear.

I have also seen Project tables there too.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • halenhalen Posts: 215
    DSkip wrote: »

McIntosh (tubes and monoblocks), Sonus Faber (high end), Martin Logan (even up to the flagship)... There are certain markets they have deemed worthy of true high end. They still don't know audio, but they do sell high end gear.

I have also seen Project tables there too.

Yes. I believe Dallas market has many magnolias that carry pricier products. Then we have the speciality Best Buys, that carry high end. Two of them carries high end audio and one that carries high end kitchen and patio. Pretty cool
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,181
    Good luck finding anything above basic stuff in San Diego area BB.

I wanted to hear SR5011 vs a Yamaha RX-A1060, they had the SR5011 but no RX-A1060. Guy said they don't stock that pricey.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mpitogompitogo Posts: 69
    I recently went into the Magnolia Design Center in NJ and was impressed. They had many high end McIntosh, B&W, Sonos Farber on demo. They had 3 demo rooms one was a dedicated theater with MX160 and MC207 and B&W setup with full automation of shades, lights, screen with a kaleidoscape disc server.

Some good deals to be had too, they are liquidating their Sonos Farber and replacing with KEF.
    Living Room Music-2.0
    Family Room Home Theater-7.2.2
    Office Home Theater-5.1
    Master Bedroom Music-2.0
    Patio Music-2.0