Toolfan66 Posts: 16,838
6ujryuzg7nkf.jpg
yijzz7voxwyz.jpg
1uud48aqwg9g.jpg

Comments

• Toolfan66
    edited May 2017
    They even have some nice Rotel, and Marantz Gear!! I was like WTF am I really in a Best Buy??
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    In a Salamander rack to boot!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Toolfan66
    Yep!! They have been remodeling for a while now..
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Ours in Woodbury carries all those favors. But it is a store within a store and it is called Magnolia . Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Toolfan66
    That's the way this is, and has always been like that but never carried gear like this..
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Magnolia has always had that stuff haven't they?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Not in the NC stores......
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Magnolia has always had that stuff haven't they?

Down here they do, Speakers Like the SF Liliums and a like
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Magnolia here in the Louisville has carried things like ML (both lines) and Vienna Acoustics, but, their electronics have been limited to Denon and Marantz (mosty AV).

I'll have to run by and see if they're on board with the McIntosh stuff.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Ours won't ever carry anything like this. They used to carry good quality gear then became a phone, computer and TV store. They barely carry media anymore.
    I miss the old best buy we had.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Our magnolia has McIntosh, B&W,Martin Logan, a couple of 35k projectors , and such. Most are out of my budget so I rairly go there or go to the Bestbuy. It is fun to window shop there and talk to the salesperson to see if they know anything about what they are selling. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Too bad you still can't get your ears on any of the Signature speakers here.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    McIntosh has starting offering their products through retailers such as Music Direct, Crutchfields, etc. and Best Buy. Supposedly their more "Entry Level" products.

If you want or can afford the higher end products, you still need to purchase from one of their Dealers. I would imagine their long time Dealers were more than a little upset when McIntosh started offering their gear "On Line" through these other venders.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited May 2017
    Nothing new in the DFW area. Only a couple of the Best Buys, in the area, have the High End Magnolia. I have not been impressed with the knowledge of the sales professionals. But when I know what I want I stop in.

I purchased my McIntosh C-50 preamp from the one in Grapevine. Guy that I bought it from did not know much about it but I had done my research.

As far as which items they carry it seems that they can get the complete line. This differs from the mail/internet vendors which can only sell selected items.

They are much more prone to work on the price of these items. I know this frustrated the other dealers I was working with.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    tratliff wrote: »
    I purchased my McIntosh C-50 preamp from the one in Grapevine. Guy that I bought it from did not know much about it but I had done my research.
    This has always been the common theme. I would never walk into ANY store to make a big purchase without doing my own due diligence. If i'm looking at a any piece of technology over $10...i am doing my own research.

Even if Best Buy spent the money to educate the employees, they have such a turnover rate that it would be a waste of money on their part. Niche products for niche people.

This is coming from a guy who worked at BB while in college. The place is loaded with numpties.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    I remember when Magnolia Hi-Fi (then it became Magnolia Audio-Video before being bought by Best Buy) was an independent chain of high end AV stereo stores, started in Seattle. Starbucks/REI/Nordstrom/Eddie Bauer/MS were not the only game in town....
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

:blush:
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited June 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

English English. Sounds better than sitting in the pub with a pint and some pickled eggs and calling a person a Silly Billy.

The stores near me have the Magnolia section. What they don't have in stock they can order quickly. The young guys in there are very enthusiastic about the product at least.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Numpties"?!?

eh?

Hey, I have to look up words you use... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    Well, the funny thing is -- I am usually pretty good with British English (ahem, English English), having spent a fair amount of time there for various personal & professional reasons some years back... but that was a new one on me.

Most of my words are in the dictionary, too -- of course, I never even thought to look up numpties. Oops.

Oh, might I just add; from my perspective, pickled eggs are just not a good idea. I speak mainly of the, shall we say, afterglow.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Magnolia in my local BB has low end ML, B&W, All Denon/Marantz AV gear, and actually halfway decently set up. Interesting to see some locations carry McIntosh, would never have believed it.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    DSkip wrote: »
    Magnolia in my local BB has low end ML, B&W, All Denon/Marantz AV gear, and actually halfway decently set up. Interesting to see some locations carry McIntosh, would never have believed it.

McIntosh (tubes and monoblocks), Sonus Faber (high end), Martin Logan (even up to the flagship)... There are certain markets they have deemed worthy of true high end. They still don't know audio, but they do sell high end gear.

I have also seen Project tables there too.

Yes. I believe Dallas market has many magnolias that carry pricier products. Then we have the speciality Best Buys, that carry high end. Two of them carries high end audio and one that carries high end kitchen and patio. Pretty cool
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Good luck finding anything above basic stuff in San Diego area BB.

I wanted to hear SR5011 vs a Yamaha RX-A1060, they had the SR5011 but no RX-A1060. Guy said they don't stock that pricey.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    I recently went into the Magnolia Design Center in NJ and was impressed. They had many high end McIntosh, B&W, Sonos Farber on demo. They had 3 demo rooms one was a dedicated theater with MX160 and MC207 and B&W setup with full automation of shades, lights, screen with a kaleidoscape disc server.

Some good deals to be had too, they are liquidating their Sonos Farber and replacing with KEF.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine