Concert of a Lifetime

NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
I might be taking a road trip with a friend next month to California to see Tool, Melvins, Primus, Clutch, and Fantomas. All at the same show. Front row too, seats 3 and 4. Son of a submariner, what a lineup! This will be two very expensive seats so once I find out for sure I'm probably going to put my tube preamp up for sale to help fund this. I don't want to but this one is not worth missing.

9sRnUWr.jpg

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,022
    :o :o
    Catching Clutch and Primus on their southeastern leg in June. Just saw Clutch last week. The first show after four months off. Nothing but Pure Rock Fury......
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    lightman1 wrote: »
    :o :o
    Catching Clutch and Primus on their southeastern leg in June. Just saw Clutch last week. The first show after four months off. Nothing but Pure Rock Fury......

Clutch is so good. I still can't believe this lineup, the only thing on it that isn't grade A music is the DJ set by Crystal Method. Seems like such a weird thing to throw in with a bunch of rock/prog rock bands.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 5,642
    In the pit?
    edited May 22
    Thieves.
    dromunds wrote: »
    In the pit?

Yep, pit. Second row, first row sold between checking and buying. Can't believe I'm going to see my favorite band live up close.
    The first few areas next to the stage have seats then the GA lawn behind them.

1200px-San_Manuel_Amphitheater.jpg
    Ha I doubt there'll be any open spaces on the grass or anywhere for that show, unlike for whoever was playing when the photo above was taken. Great score!
    Ha I doubt there'll be any open spaces on the grass or anywhere for that show, unlike for whoever was playing when the photo above was taken. Great score!

Everything but the GA lawn is sold out already.
    And that lawn won't take long either with that lineup!
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,852
    Prob John Tesh or Yanni.

• msgmsg Posts: 2,852
    Sorry, meant John Tesh AND Yanni.
  • halohalo Posts: 3,508
    I saw TOOL on June 8th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL.

That was one heckofa show! The lights shows and backdrops were superb.

The music was great with a few unexpected tracks thrown in. Overall, the show seemed short in comparison their shows I've seen in the past but it was still excellent.

Primus did not open for them so I ended up skipping the opening band altogether.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,565
    edited June 17
    You know that show was not even advertised down here on any radio stations.(central Illinois) First time I'm even hearing about it. Man i would of went I've been wanting to see tool for some time now.