PSW505 light on rear not switching from red to green

Hi - My subwoofer PSW505 randomly stopped switching from standby to on mode. The sub does not turn green even if manually put on the On mode. There is distorted sound if played at a loud volume. On low volume there is No sound.

Any help much appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,875
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In all likelihood the bass amplifier needs to be replaced or repaired. Best to contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and they'll help. Have your unit's serial number and date and place of purchase handy when you call.
    Regards, Ken
    Old adage: "Attach enough feathers and you can get anything to fly."
  • CyberBabaCyberBaba Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In all likelihood the bass amplifier needs to be replaced or repaired. Best to contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and they'll help. Have your unit's serial number and date and place of purchase handy when you call.
    Regards, Ken

Hi Kenneth - Unfortunately i am currently in India and Polk cannot ship a replacement to India. So support from Polk seems like a no go. I am technically sound so probably I can troubleshoot. The Relay switch no longer makes that click sound when it turns on so I think most probably its a power related issue.

Any items I should check first?

Thanks any help much appreciated.
    Hello,
    Let me try and get the amplifier's schematic and I'll send it to you.
    Regards, Ken
  • CyberBabaCyberBaba Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Let me try and get the amplifier's schematic and I'll send it to you.
    Regards, Ken

Many Thanks Kenneth, Kim did get in touch with me. Appreciate the brilliant support and responsiveness I would not expect any less from a brilliant brand Polk.

Cheers!
  • longindolongindo Posts: 1
    hi kenneth
    i have exactly the same problem as above and i'm in Malawi where polk can't ship a replacement. would appreciate the tech support.
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll send your email address to Kim at Polk and I'm sure he can help.
    Regards, Ken