Kim Jasper your Customer Service dept is a disaster

Endless waits on hold at 800-377-7655
Only auto-response to emails with failed promises of "we'll get back to you" - someday
Clearly you are understaffed and your no longer providing "customer service"
Hopefully you read this forum once in a while.
Your the mgr - its your fault.
Case Number - 00125160 / 00131030

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,670
    Reported...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,702
    This is clearly a pattern of poor customer service. Sad to see.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,010
    There was recently something else about how Polk customer service seems to have deteriorated. Whether true or not I don't know, but frustration does elicit strong comments. I know I really went ballistic on Sony support in Laredo TX a few years ago.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,278
    It's a pattern John, it needs to change. Lots of focus on good things at Polk recently, in getting back to the sound and value the made Polk who it is. But customer service has also made Polk who it is to lots of us, and it is not living up to that standard lately.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,670
    I get that... the question I have is why do we need all these threads trashing Polk CS? The op has another thread where Ken is helping to get this resolved. Give the guy a chance.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,784
    If one wishes to voice their displeasure with Polk's customer service directing it at Kim Jasper is pointless. You need to voice it to those higher up. Unfortunately, I don't know who they are, so I suggest contacting Polk HQ in California as they can tell you who that might be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,462
    I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet, head of CS.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • According to his other thread this has been going on for more than a month,which is unconscionable. I certainly can understand the frustration.
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,206
    This is sad to hear about. CS has always been one of Polks many selling points and one that separated it from their competition. Hopefully whoever is making decisions down at HQ restores CS to their previous excellence.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,656
    Getting reviews from the internet is more popular than ever. Now days customer support can make or break a company.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,504
    edited January 2017
    A couple of months ago I too contacted CS for some replacement parts help. I can't recall how many times I got stuck on the dreaded recording loop. The automated service would remind me to call back during business hours and end my call.

Although I live in the Pacific Time Zone, I know that at 10 am it is only 1 pm on the Eastern Time Zone. Why couldn't I get through?

I care about Polk and this forum, but I have to call it how I see it. Some would offer apologies and try to rationalize these incidents as simply anomalies, but the issues with CS are real and sweeping them underneath the rug won't fix the problem.

I hope and trust that management will seriously look at this situation and bring about a thorough overhaul of this vital department. After all isn't it truly about the Customer in customer service?
    Post edited by la2vegas on
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,647
    Certainly seems to be a pattern lately. Hope OP can get resolved to his satisfaction and report back if/once resolved.
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Parks Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1) * Wireworld Plat7 * isoRegen (LPS-1) * Lush usb * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Bryston bdp-1, Bryston bda-1 * Rogue Cronus Magnum ii * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * LSA-1 Statement
    Beach: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Chord QuteEX (Pardo PS) * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) - Revel M22
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,017
    edited January 2017
    I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet, head of CS.

Good move obviously, but just curious, do those really higher up, ever frequent this forum. What level of interest do they have if any? (in the forum)
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-
    Epos-
    Infinity-
    Advent-

• RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,498
    Sad. Hope someone takes action.......Soon.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,013
    Couldn't of said it better^^^^^^
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,503
    edited January 2017
    We sell a lot of tweeters too. Where's our paycheck? ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,013
    Nightfall wrote: »
    We sell a lot of tweeters too. Where's our paycheck? ;)

Checks in the mail pal, unfortunately Polk CS is too busy to take it to the post office. Or maybe their all down there standing in line that might explain a lot.
  • Glad this thread is garnering attention. Sad to see ths numerous bad cs experiences from people. Polk is making great new products but they need to understand that doesnt matter unless the customer service is still there to back it up. Love Polk equipment, history says they will step in and course correct I hope.
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

• This is sadly what almost always happens when companies get swallowed up by the corporate types. Suddenly the attention shifts from customer service to how much money is going out towards paying people versus how much is coming in and the bean counters ALWAYS win!
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,380
    I just had great CS experience with them. Needed a grill for a CSi-5 yesterday and Picked it up today.

My first call in did take like 15 minutes before I could talk to anybody. Once through I was taken care of by someone in the USA.

Sony Laredo was a sick joke. I worked for sony at the time and we hated sending stuff there. Glad Sony closed it.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • My contacts with customer service were great. Email was almost immediately returned and my backordered RD0194 replacements came sooner than expected.
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,498
    Good job on fixing this one. Now to evaluate what needs to be done so no other customer gets to this point of frustration.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 350
    And full marks to the OP for coming back & reporting.
  • ccrolleyccrolley Posts: 2
    My PSW-505 amp failed in October (2.5 years into warranty). I called and they said they'd have a new board shipped to me with 4-5 business days. I called again a few weeks later, and they said it'd be December 4 before the new boards were available - guy I talked to seemed pretty put-out that I'd called.

Then I called again in mid-December and they said it'd be around the 24th. I commented on Facebook that their Customer Service was awful, citing my own case. They blocked me.

Sick of waiting on hold, I emailed them a week ago - no reply. My entire media room is Polk speakers - 4 wall-mounted surrounds, two tower mains and a center. The sub has been apart since October waiting on a part I suppose I'll never get.

So, that's my experience. I couldn't pick Kim Jasper out of a lineup, but if he/she is responsible for this sh!# show, I'd suggest a change in management is in order.

I'm sorry there's been such a delay, I know they were/are waiting for resupply. Let me send your email address to Kim.
    Kim is going to contact you, however Polk has closed early due to inclement weather. Rest assured he will do whatever he can to help, be patient.
    I'm sorry the communications side of this wasn't better, I'm glad things are working now.