Kim Jasper your Customer Service dept is a disaster

Endless waits on hold at 800-377-7655
Only auto-response to emails with failed promises of "we'll get back to you" - someday
Clearly you are understaffed and your no longer providing "customer service"
Hopefully you read this forum once in a while.
Your the mgr - its your fault.
Case Number - 00125160 / 00131030

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Reported...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    This is clearly a pattern of poor customer service. Sad to see.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    There was recently something else about how Polk customer service seems to have deteriorated. Whether true or not I don't know, but frustration does elicit strong comments. I know I really went ballistic on Sony support in Laredo TX a few years ago.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    It's a pattern John, it needs to change. Lots of focus on good things at Polk recently, in getting back to the sound and value the made Polk who it is. But customer service has also made Polk who it is to lots of us, and it is not living up to that standard lately.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I get that... the question I have is why do we need all these threads trashing Polk CS? The op has another thread where Ken is helping to get this resolved. Give the guy a chance.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    If one wishes to voice their displeasure with Polk's customer service directing it at Kim Jasper is pointless. You need to voice it to those higher up. Unfortunately, I don't know who they are, so I suggest contacting Polk HQ in California as they can tell you who that might be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet, head of CS.
  • According to his other thread this has been going on for more than a month,which is unconscionable. I certainly can understand the frustration.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    This is sad to hear about. CS has always been one of Polks many selling points and one that separated it from their competition. Hopefully whoever is making decisions down at HQ restores CS to their previous excellence.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Getting reviews from the internet is more popular than ever. Now days customer support can make or break a company.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Certainly seems to be a pattern lately. Hope OP can get resolved to his satisfaction and report back if/once resolved.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited January 2017
    I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet, head of CS.

Good move obviously, but just curious, do those really higher up, ever frequent this forum. What level of interest do they have if any? (in the forum)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Sad. Hope someone takes action.......Soon.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Couldn't of said it better^^^^^^
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited January 2017
    We sell a lot of tweeters too. Where's our paycheck? ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Nightfall wrote: »
    We sell a lot of tweeters too. Where's our paycheck? ;)

Checks in the mail pal, unfortunately Polk CS is too busy to take it to the post office. Or maybe their all down there standing in line that might explain a lot.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Glad this thread is garnering attention. Sad to see ths numerous bad cs experiences from people. Polk is making great new products but they need to understand that doesnt matter unless the customer service is still there to back it up. Love Polk equipment, history says they will step in and course correct I hope.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • This is sadly what almost always happens when companies get swallowed up by the corporate types. Suddenly the attention shifts from customer service to how much money is going out towards paying people versus how much is coming in and the bean counters ALWAYS win!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I just had great CS experience with them. Needed a grill for a CSi-5 yesterday and Picked it up today.

My first call in did take like 15 minutes before I could talk to anybody. Once through I was taken care of by someone in the USA.

Sony Laredo was a sick joke. I worked for sony at the time and we hated sending stuff there. Glad Sony closed it.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • My contacts with customer service were great. Email was almost immediately returned and my backordered RD0194 replacements came sooner than expected.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Good job on fixing this one. Now to evaluate what needs to be done so no other customer gets to this point of frustration.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    And full marks to the OP for coming back & reporting.
  • My PSW-505 amp failed in October (2.5 years into warranty). I called and they said they'd have a new board shipped to me with 4-5 business days. I called again a few weeks later, and they said it'd be December 4 before the new boards were available - guy I talked to seemed pretty put-out that I'd called.

Then I called again in mid-December and they said it'd be around the 24th. I commented on Facebook that their Customer Service was awful, citing my own case. They blocked me.

Sick of waiting on hold, I emailed them a week ago - no reply. My entire media room is Polk speakers - 4 wall-mounted surrounds, two tower mains and a center. The sub has been apart since October waiting on a part I suppose I'll never get.

So, that's my experience. I couldn't pick Kim Jasper out of a lineup, but if he/she is responsible for this sh!# show, I'd suggest a change in management is in order.

• I'm sorry there's been such a delay, I know they were/are waiting for resupply. Let me send your email address to Kim.
  • Kim is going to contact you, however Polk has closed early due to inclement weather. Rest assured he will do whatever he can to help, be patient.
  • I'm sorry the communications side of this wasn't better, I'm glad things are working now.
  • EWF
    EWF Posts: 5
    Same kind of non-response experienced as well from both email and 1-800# inquiries. If anyone can help Ref# is 180116-000994 for sub woofer gone bad while still under warranty.