Polk Vintage Products Info Page???

Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,059
edited March 2016 in Vintage Speakers
Where did it go? I can't find it anywhere on the main site at Polkaudio.com. Nor can google it seems... Is it gone?

I truly hope not, the wealth of information all in one spot was awesome and very handy. So, anybody know where they're hiding it?
Down
RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
Post edited by PolkTeam on

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,811
    edited November 2014
    as far as I can tell, it's gone....and on purpose. However we do have the "vintage" section on the main page of the forum if you scroll down.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • 5.1 System:
    Sharp Aquos 37" LCD
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    NAD 106 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • Jim, that's awesome! Thank You!

TonyB, why would they do it on purpose??
    Down

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited November 2014
    And yet ONE MORE TIME (perhaps the fourth or fifth time), I ask: WHY ISN'T THIS A STICKY YET?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,058
    In the future just send me a message asking me to make something an "announcement". If it seems fitting, I will.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • Sorry, didn't realize this had been answered somewhere else, haven't been on much since the big forum change. Thank you for the responses.
    Down

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • So any word on why the vintage products info page was axed??
    Down

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • Hello. Hope to get some opinions. I apologize upfront for my ignorance in your arena. I have two options to power a pair of sda srs 1.2. Nad 2600a bridged on each speaker or a MC7106. Would also like advice on what would be a good center channel for these. Thx in advance for advice and opinions. Vern
    Hello Vern,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm afraid that when a two channel amplifier is placed in a bridged mode it is no longer compatible with a common ground speaker connection. You could use the amplifiers in a non-bridged two channel mode with no problem. If your second amplifier is a McIntosh MC7106 then I would imagine using two of those six channels would work fine. This is assuming the amp is compatible with a common ground speaker system (check with McIntosh to be sure).
    Regards, Ken
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • Thx Ken. I have the different cables that go in between the speakers one says for common ground and the other for not. I'm really unsure but my reading tells me I can bridge if I use the correct cable in between. Thx. Vern
    Hi Vern,
    You are correct, with the non-common ground cable you can use bridged amplifier.
    Cheers, Ken
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,029
    I think you're talking about AI-1 or Dreadnaught? You have one of those?
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,110
    most bridged amps do not like a 4ohm load beware.....A1, dreadnaught or not..even though the 1.2 is 6 ohm rated I thinking it will and does go down to 4ohm and below...
  • I do have the AI-1 cable. So I should stay away from bridging my amps with these speakers?
  • In the distant past I have bridged my adcom 555II amps using the AI=1 with the 3.1TL's. Did not have any issues but also did not determine any discernible difference. maybe a little more clarity at very low levels. So I went back to the same ol, same ol. Held on to the AI-1 just in case I may want to do it again in the future.
    Polk 3.1TL (Gimpods boards, Sonicaps, Mills Res., Dynamat, Sonic Barrier, Hurricane Nuts, Cabinet sealing, Glue of magnets,Cardas Binding Post upgrades) - to be relegated to my daughters system eventually as I permit or am ready to part with.
    Polk CS350 Center
    Polk FX500 Surround
    Definitive Powerfield Subwoofer
    B&W 803D2
    Krell Showcase Processor
    Krell KAV 3250 Amp
    Adcom 555II Amp
    Adcom 555II Amp
    Musical Fidelity A3CD
    Sony PS4300 Turntable
    Rotel RQ970BX Phono Preamp
    Adcom Ace-515 Line Conditioner
    Richard Grays Power Company Line Conditioner (2)
    Hitachi 60" Ultravision TV
    Oppo BDP-103 Blue Ray