Polk Vintage Products Info Page???

Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,058
edited March 2016 in Vintage Speakers
Where did it go? I can't find it anywhere on the main site at Polkaudio.com. Nor can google it seems... Is it gone?

I truly hope not, the wealth of information all in one spot was awesome and very handy. So, anybody know where they're hiding it?
Post edited by PolkTeam on

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,210
    edited November 2014
    as far as I can tell, it's gone....and on purpose. However we do have the "vintage" section on the main page of the forum if you scroll down.
  • Jim, that's awesome! Thank You!

TonyB, why would they do it on purpose??
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited November 2014
    And yet ONE MORE TIME (perhaps the fourth or fifth time), I ask: WHY ISN'T THIS A STICKY YET?

cnh
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,794
    In the future just send me a message asking me to make something an "announcement". If it seems fitting, I will.
  • Sorry, didn't realize this had been answered somewhere else, haven't been on much since the big forum change. Thank you for the responses.
  • So any word on why the vintage products info page was axed??
  • Hello. Hope to get some opinions. I apologize upfront for my ignorance in your arena. I have two options to power a pair of sda srs 1.2. Nad 2600a bridged on each speaker or a MC7106. Would also like advice on what would be a good center channel for these. Thx in advance for advice and opinions. Vern
    Hello Vern,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm afraid that when a two channel amplifier is placed in a bridged mode it is no longer compatible with a common ground speaker connection. You could use the amplifiers in a non-bridged two channel mode with no problem. If your second amplifier is a McIntosh MC7106 then I would imagine using two of those six channels would work fine. This is assuming the amp is compatible with a common ground speaker system (check with McIntosh to be sure).
    Regards, Ken
  • Thx Ken. I have the different cables that go in between the speakers one says for common ground and the other for not. I'm really unsure but my reading tells me I can bridge if I use the correct cable in between. Thx. Vern
    Hi Vern,
    You are correct, with the non-common ground cable you can use bridged amplifier.
    Cheers, Ken
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,843
    I think you're talking about AI-1 or Dreadnaught? You have one of those?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    most bridged amps do not like a 4ohm load beware.....A1, dreadnaught or not..even though the 1.2 is 6 ohm rated I thinking it will and does go down to 4ohm and below...
  • I do have the AI-1 cable. So I should stay away from bridging my amps with these speakers?
  • In the distant past I have bridged my adcom 555II amps using the AI=1 with the 3.1TL's. Did not have any issues but also did not determine any discernible difference. maybe a little more clarity at very low levels. So I went back to the same ol, same ol. Held on to the AI-1 just in case I may want to do it again in the future.