Polk Vintage Products Info Page???

Inspector 24
Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
edited March 2016 in Vintage Speakers
Where did it go? I can't find it anywhere on the main site at Polkaudio.com. Nor can google it seems... Is it gone?

I truly hope not, the wealth of information all in one spot was awesome and very handy. So, anybody know where they're hiding it?
Up
LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited November 2014
    as far as I can tell, it's gone....and on purpose. However we do have the "vintage" section on the main page of the forum if you scroll down.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • 5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • Jim, that's awesome! Thank You!

TonyB, why would they do it on purpose??
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2014
    And yet ONE MORE TIME (perhaps the fourth or fifth time), I ask: WHY ISN'T THIS A STICKY YET?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • In the future just send me a message asking me to make something an "announcement". If it seems fitting, I will.
  • Sorry, didn't realize this had been answered somewhere else, haven't been on much since the big forum change. Thank you for the responses.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• So any word on why the vintage products info page was axed??
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Hello. Hope to get some opinions. I apologize upfront for my ignorance in your arena. I have two options to power a pair of sda srs 1.2. Nad 2600a bridged on each speaker or a MC7106. Would also like advice on what would be a good center channel for these. Thx in advance for advice and opinions. Vern
  • Hello Vern,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm afraid that when a two channel amplifier is placed in a bridged mode it is no longer compatible with a common ground speaker connection. You could use the amplifiers in a non-bridged two channel mode with no problem. If your second amplifier is a McIntosh MC7106 then I would imagine using two of those six channels would work fine. This is assuming the amp is compatible with a common ground speaker system (check with McIntosh to be sure).
    Regards, Ken
  • Thx Ken. I have the different cables that go in between the speakers one says for common ground and the other for not. I'm really unsure but my reading tells me I can bridge if I use the correct cable in between. Thx. Vern
  • Hi Vern,
    You are correct, with the non-common ground cable you can use bridged amplifier.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I think you're talking about AI-1 or Dreadnaught? You have one of those?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    most bridged amps do not like a 4ohm load beware.....A1, dreadnaught or not..even though the 1.2 is 6 ohm rated I thinking it will and does go down to 4ohm and below...
  • I do have the AI-1 cable. So I should stay away from bridging my amps with these speakers?
  • In the distant past I have bridged my adcom 555II amps using the AI=1 with the 3.1TL's. Did not have any issues but also did not determine any discernible difference. maybe a little more clarity at very low levels. So I went back to the same ol, same ol. Held on to the AI-1 just in case I may want to do it again in the future.
  • Review; Monitor 4 (4.5) to be exact, Bookshelf: Purchased in 1986

So what do these speakers sound like after 34 years and dormant for the last 12 ?
    They sound like the day I bought them. I have been listening to them again with my 34 year old Denon tuner for a month now and they still sound great. I now have an RC sub-woofer which makes them sound better than ever, as they have always been a little tight. These are 4 ohm speakers so they can handle a lot of power and seam to be happy with a slightly higher rated RMS amp. Not on shelves, I opted for some tilt back floor stands.

So what does this say about Polk quality. IMHO they must have made high quality speakers in the '80s, and you took good care of them. The suspension is still soft and playable, the cones are a little sticky to the touch but who cares.

Thanks Polk; sorry I did not have to replace them. The new CD player sounds nice though.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Cones are supposed to be sticky do not try to scrub it off.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    DrEvil wrote: »
    These are 4 ohm speakers so they can handle a lot of power
    Huh?