Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,878
    Gone
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,254
    That is one speaker i still have yet to hear.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• verbverb Posts: 3,681
    erniejade wrote: »
    That is one speaker i still have yet to hear.

Dude you're not that far away! Road trip! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    edited November 3
    We had a pair of RTA-12's here in Wilm. NC. a few years back on Craigs list. The owner had a bunch of speakers that he wanted to clear out fast. He wanted 200.00 for the RTA-12's. :)

And I had no spare change and didn't want to touch my 401K yet. It was a tough week for me. :'(

I didn't even go the 3 miles to see what else he had...that hurt to not have some spare $.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,011
    Apparently they couldn't find black paint either. Not a deal, and yuck!

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-sda-crs/6726710496.html
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,086
    DaveHo wrote: »

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-sda-crs/6726710496.html

I wont lie, I'd be VERY PARTIAL to gloss white finish with a chrome bottom accent piece for some SDA CRS's.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 956
    Tony M wrote: »
    We had a pair of RTA-12's here in Wilm. NC. a few years back on Craigs list. The owner had a bunch of speakers that he wanted to clear out fast. He wanted 200.00 for the RTA-12's. :)

And I had no spare change and didn't want to touch my 401K yet. It was a tough week for me. :'(

I didn't even go the 3 miles to see what else he had...that hurt to not have some spare $.

Worst feeling in the world right there. It has happened to me a few times as well..
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 871

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

I wont lie, I'd be VERY PARTIAL to gloss white finish with a chrome bottom accent piece for some SDA CRS's.....

You just want the stands :#
    monepolk wrote: »

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

You just want the stands :#

Nah, I’d stand up the stands lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    Piano gloss white it’s just a hint of pearl and brushed aluminum on the bottom lip with matching logo and stands would look amazing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

It looks like the guy used sticky vinyl sheet to cover em, not paint. Yuk! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,881
    They still look better than these. This guy probably used the finger technique of painting. 06hd4xn8dwgg.jpg
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    :s some really nice speakers here, ruined by their owners with terrible paint jobs... :(
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    Piano gloss white it’s just a hint of pearl and brushed aluminum on the bottom lip with matching logo and stands would look amazing.

Brushed Stainless steel. Some of that killer enamal they used on cars. Like 40 layers make it look like there 10 feet deep....... yea that's the ticket ;) ;)

Agreed!
    Peel that crappy sticky vinyl off, sand them good and veneer them with awesome cherry or walnut. Heck, even Oak is fine with me.

Those Monitor 7's need rescuing too. ;)
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 956
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    :s some really nice speakers here, ruined by their owners with terrible paint jobs... :(

Some people should not be allowed to own nice gear.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 301
    Here is Polk Audio CS-350 Center Channel Speaker in Atlanta area on CL:
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-cs-350-center/6712226086.html
    indyhawg wrote: »

Some people should not be allowed to own nice gear.

Or be allowed to use a paint brush. :smile:
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-cs-350-center/6712226086.html

Isn't this unobtanium, or pretty close to it? It's $100 and has been around a month... I'd be wary of that, just because it seems like someone would have jumped on it in that time.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg

Isn't this unobtanium, or pretty close to it? It's $100 and has been around a month... I'd be wary of that, just because it seems like someone would have jumped on it in that time.

if you mean they don't make them anymore ...yes. They are pretty good sized center channel and darn good imho. 100.00 might be a little high as the shipping will be costly. I'd give them 75.00 just for the parts.
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 124
    What the heck are these?!?
    https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6718072516.html
    5kzxqlx4m83c.jpeg
    jhmd53aulp5q.jpeg
    No affiliation... worth pursuing?
    Upstairs 5.1.2:
    Marantz NR1607, L/R - Modified Monitor 7C (194’s, Dynamat, Sonicaps, Mills, H-nuts), Center - Yamaha NS-C310, Surrounds/height/Atmos - (4x) Proficient in-ceiling, Sub - RBH TS10AN, Marantz DV7600

Downstairs 7.2.4:
    Marantz SR6011, L/R B&W DM604, Center - RBH 700-CX, Surrounds - Monitor 5a (Peerless), Surround Back - Monitor 4a (Peerless), Height/Atmos - (4x) Polk RC60i, Sub#1 - JBL 12” frankespeaker, Sub#2 - Klipsch RSW12, Samsung bluray

2CH: Kenwood KA-8150, Adcom GFA 555, L/R - SDA SRS 2, RTA12C (194's)

Office:
    Cambridge Soundworks Amp
    Monitor 4b (Peerless)

Spares:
    Monitor 10b (Peerless), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 5b (SL1000)

Repair pile: SDA2, SDA1b
    ...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
    edited November 9
    Polk Monitor 9's.

They're kind of rare too. 150 is the most I'd pay for them. I paid 80 or 90 I think, a long time ago.

Some like them and some don't.

I like mine! they have peerless tweeters. :p B)

They're right in the middle of this picture.
    3zbtuhyfvcib.png
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    JayMX wrote: »
    What the heck are these?!?

I don't know, but they look impolite.
  • elittelitt Posts: 134
    SDA 2 in box look mint! someone grab these! No affiliation.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/753036778384562/
  • NhpennNhpenn Posts: 38
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-10/6743499626.html

Pictures would be nice, but 30$ for 10As you cant really go wrong.
  • factorzfactorz Posts: 341
    What do you gents think of these? I've been thinking about getting back in the SDA game after being gone for awhile. These have been listed for some time and the price has come down quite a bit. I think he might have started at $900.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-srs-series-2/6715884582.html

• delkaldelkal Posts: 330
    factorz wrote: »
    What do you gents think of these? I've been thinking about getting back in the SDA game after being gone for awhile. These have been listed for some time and the price has come down quite a bit. I think he might have started at $900.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-srs-series-2/6715884582.html

I think he still has a way to go................You will need to upgrade them and that will not be cheap!

FYI......there is a pair on Ebay right now for the same price. And it includes free shipping (which will cost the seller a fortune).