Options
13»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited March 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    sad to say,I haven't made the move on the REL yeat.Really no need at the moment due to the fact that the theater room isn't built yeat But you never know.Hows your workin with the new powercord?Did I tell you that REL sell the balanced interconnect without the wire???Then my friend you can use the WIRE of CHOICE..........hmmmmmmm added bonus for the upgrade path....This will be the route I take when the time comes.

Tour2ma,
    If I owned them YES it would be me MOVING them.But with a twist....they gotta get out.No reserve at all,first come first serve at whatever price they bring to the table.......better yeat I'll give them away for free and pay shipping costs.......hows that???LOL
    Yes I'm not a fan of the older carver amps.....;)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    what do you mean balanced IC w/o wire? you meant just the neutrik speakon? The power cord works great, I played around with the positioning of the LSi15, so it seems that the low is getting better, but in actuality, it could be because the sub on the 15 is working in tandem with the REL, since they are closer together now. Quick question, what is the real difference between ref 200.7 and av125.7 other than more wattages? better built quality? thanks...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2003
    Options
    mantis,
    You're too generous, I can't accept... I'll pay the shipping :lol:
    You check out my photos?

polkatese,
    Yup, knew you meant Paul Desmond. Don't know the "Pianos" you mentioned.

Fella I bought my CA's from used to be in the audio biz in Nashville. He owned three stores. Anyway he had some choice looking vintage AcouStats. Tube amps built into the bottom and all. Unfortunately time was flying, I had to get on the road and he had to get back to work (the road could have waited as far as I was concerned) and I did not get a listen. :(
    But if I'm ever back in the Daytona Beach area...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Tour,
    The next time you go to your local Starbuck for your java needs, you might want to check one of their jazz series, Brubeck Quartet, "Park Avenue South" live recording, Telarc production. It's very decent...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Will do... I'm almost out of whole bean Italian Roast... :) ...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Guess what, that Brubeck is going SACD on the 25th, should have wait to get this one...in fact, it's $14.99 (SAME price as the redbook), bummer!
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    Options
    :cool:
    That'll be one expensive CD for me seeing as I do not yet have a SACD capable player...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Options
    ok, then, the redbook version is very good too:p I am just trying to stop buying cd, if the SACD version exist, even more so if the price is the same....:D
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Tour,
    stumble into this fine Telarc double album redbook at CC this past weekend (two days sale all redbook $9.99) and I thought I mentioned this to you. The quartet plays almost all standard tunes (Sunnyside of the street, etc.) DDD recording, figured at $5.00 per album, ain't bad. Check it out....