MM120 or MM124

camry99
camry99 Posts: 3
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I currently have a mm120 that has a the tinsel lead problem that has been posted on this forum lately. My ? is did the mm124 resolve this problem?? I would like to upgrade to two mm124s. I will probably get a 2002 RF500bd or RF1000bd to compliment my RF750x. Will the forementioned setup with an epicenter(I love looooow bass) be ideal?? Thnx in advance
Post edited by camry99 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    500bd isn't enough for two momo's -- the 1001bd however is enough so that'd work on the two.

as far as the tinsel problem -- well i ahven't seen or heard of any new momo 12's with that issue. just make sure the momo u buy is from someone with a right to issue u warranty -- or else u may get one of the recalled ones with the bad surround and be stuck with it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • camry99
    edited May 2003
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    exactly .... most of the bad surround ones were recalled, however if some dude is sellin an assload of them on ebay and he doesn't give a flying crap - he may be sellin ones that never got sent back -- in which case u might end up stuck in a world of crap -- if u buy them off ebay make sure they're the ones that are not in the polk pre-made enclosure, as i'm pretty sure that the MM124's that were sold as raw drivers (like every other normal sub) were not the ones w/ the bad glue.

but u'd have to talk to a polk cust svc guy to get confirmation on that.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • camry99
    edited May 2003
    Thnx for the info PBD!!!!