MM120 or MM124

Options
camry99
camry99 Posts: 3
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I currently have a mm120 that has a the tinsel lead problem that has been posted on this forum lately. My ? is did the mm124 resolve this problem?? I would like to upgrade to two mm124s. I will probably get a 2002 RF500bd or RF1000bd to compliment my RF750x. Will the forementioned setup with an epicenter(I love looooow bass) be ideal?? Thnx in advance
Post edited by camry99 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    Options
    500bd isn't enough for two momo's -- the 1001bd however is enough so that'd work on the two.

as far as the tinsel problem -- well i ahven't seen or heard of any new momo 12's with that issue. just make sure the momo u buy is from someone with a right to issue u warranty -- or else u may get one of the recalled ones with the bad surround and be stuck with it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • camry99
    edited May 2003
    Options
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    Options
    exactly .... most of the bad surround ones were recalled, however if some dude is sellin an assload of them on ebay and he doesn't give a flying crap - he may be sellin ones that never got sent back -- in which case u might end up stuck in a world of crap -- if u buy them off ebay make sure they're the ones that are not in the polk pre-made enclosure, as i'm pretty sure that the MM124's that were sold as raw drivers (like every other normal sub) were not the ones w/ the bad glue.

but u'd have to talk to a polk cust svc guy to get confirmation on that.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • camry99
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thnx for the info PBD!!!!