Psw303 vs. Psw404

I currently have this setup

Rti70's (bi-wired)
Csi40
Fxi30's
psw303
Yamaha Rx-V1300

I am wondering if i should upgrade my sub to the psw404. What are the benefits? Is it worth the $100 or so? Let me know what you think. Thanks

Jeff
Post edited by swbtgiants on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    Worth can only be decided by the individual. Do some listening and see what you think... It's worth it to me, but then again it was worth it for me to go up to the PSW650.
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited April 2003
    Its worth it.....oh btw......plannin' on sellin' your 303? :D
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2003
    Do yourself a favor to avoid any short upgrade to the sub, don't buy any sub with the model that below the SW-650, save the money a get the real deal.
  • Davidv
    Davidv Posts: 94
    edited April 2003
    I just bought the 404. I listened to the 303 and there was no comparison. The 404 outdid the 303 by quite a bit. I am no expert, but I would say go for it. You should really go listen and decide for yourself though.
    Beer on tap is great, until the keg runs dry and the liqour store is closed!:D

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2003
    I also agree with the hearing test. Check them out, but check them all out. Include Velodyne, SVS, Sunfire, if any other subs are available, listen to them. Polk fans are Polk fans, it doesn't mean we all are Polk robots, diversify and keep your ears fresh.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Why is there a question - the 404? Can't have to much bass.